Author Topic: Jets acquire CB Rashard Robinson from 49ers  (Read 11717 times)

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
Re: Jets acquire CB Rashard Robinson from 49ers
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2018, 09:15:33 PM »
But you're also talking about guys that you want to play and develop not being able to be with amd practice with the team. I don't know how having a player with potential that you want to develop away from the organization for a few weeks could be a good thing. That's how guys fall off the path and find more trouble

I'm just saying I don't want to give up on Stewart yet even though he hasn't shown anything.  The suspension ironically gives him an extra chance to stick with the team.  Especially if Robbie also gets suspended

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2018, 09:55:42 PM »
I'm just saying I don't want to give up on Stewart yet even though he hasn't shown anything.  The suspension ironically gives him an extra chance to stick with the team.  Especially if Robbie also gets suspended

If a suspension is the only reason a player makes the team  he probably sucks

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2018, 08:54:50 AM »
If a suspension is the only reason a player makes the team  he probably sucks

... because a player that was cut by one team has never turned into a successful player on another team?

Each player is an asset.  For math's sake, let's say each player drafted/makes a roster has a 25% chance of becoming a starter. 

That means for every 4 players, 1 will become a starter.  If a team has the ability to hold onto more assets than another team, even for a short amount of time, they are statistically more likely to have more starters than another team. 
4 players = 1 starter vs 5 players = 1.25 starters

In this situation while we only have an extra asset for a short amount of time, it still increases likelihood of choosing the correct player.   Between Robinson, Stewart, (possibly) Anderson, and maybe Mcguire with a short term IR or PUP.  Our team size increases by 4 players or 8%.  If you used our 25% example that would be 1 additional starter.  This also gives us the added bonus of having injury insurance.  If someone goes down we can choose from our own reserves rather than another teams who we know little about.

I understand short term you don't want any of your players suspended, but long term, on a team that's not going to win the superbowl this year, I don't see how this isn't a competitive advantage.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2018, 10:21:30 AM »
K Steiny
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2018, 01:49:13 PM »
I thought Robinson actually played pretty good even in the Washington game apart from the play Heismanberg got pissed off about. He's not "great" but he's not terrible either. This is a team that had Marcus Williams at corner a couple of years ago. I'd take Robinson over him any day. I'd also take Robinson on the outside over Buster Skrine who is thankfully firmly back in the nickel.

Also, I've been saying this repeatedly since last year. ArDarius Stewart is garbage. He's a wasted roster spot. What has anyone seen in any of his appearances that makes them feel any different? It's a constant "He needs to be given a chance" with him. Well, if the coaches steadfastly refuse to give him a chance, even at the end of last season when nothing mattered, maybe he just flat sucks and hasn't warranted a chance? Dude can't even make a splash in preseason games. Though he'll probably make a nice catch with 6 minutes left in the 4Q tonight and everyone will be talking about how he needs to make the team now.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2018, 05:08:22 PM »
CB1 back this week

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2019, 04:54:08 PM »
Jets waived CB Rashard Robinson.

WR Stacy Coley and DE Charles Tapper were also handed their walking papers Friday. Acquired from the 49ers for a 2018 fifth-rounder, Robinson was an abject failure during his brief stint in East Rutherford, failing to make any impact whatsoever over his 16 appearances for the team. His Jets tenure also included a four-game ban for violating the league's substance abuse policy. Still just 23, Robinson could probably benefit from a change of scenery.

Bad trade at the time, bad trade in hindsight. 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2019, 04:59:00 PM »

He has reasonable skills and physical talents, but I have furniture with a higher IQ than him. It wasn't a terrible gamble.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2019, 10:59:21 PM »
This. If the 49ers don’t want him, I don’t really want him either. I much rather would have taken a CB in the 5th in the draft that I knew didn’t have flag issues.

He was worse than I thought, never actually got on the field to prove whether or not he could improve on his penalty issues
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 11:01:59 PM by SixFeetDeep »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2019, 03:03:04 AM »
The number of comments added to this thread are way more consideration than Rashard Robinson deserves.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2019, 08:42:01 AM »
It's a 5th round pick, get over it

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2019, 09:11:27 AM »

To be fair we got Brandon Marshall for a 5th,and Santonio Holmes for a 5th. So as far as 5th rounder trades go this was qutie a shitty one

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2019, 03:30:30 PM »
To be fair we got Brandon Marshall for a 5th,and Santonio Holmes for a 5th. So as far as 5th rounder trades go this was qutie a shitty one

Kelechi Osemele 

No.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2019, 03:38:25 PM »
Good point.
RR didnt blow up our locker room though...

... or did he

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2019, 10:22:07 AM »
We could have used that 5th round pick for our own shitty player who did nothing and got released.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Tags: