Author Topic: Jets acquire CB Rashard Robinson from 49ers  (Read 11718 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Jets acquire CB Rashard Robinson from 49ers
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2018, 12:10:01 PM »
I don't think so. 

We gave up a 5th rounder for a cornerback with starting experience and a lot of ability.  I'm not sure what people were expecting from him when he was acquired in the middle of the season.

The arrest certainly doesn't look good, but no GM can predict something like that. 

None of that matters. This guy is a complete clown. He just no-showed for his court date.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2018/01/jets_rashard_robinson_arrested_for_marijuana_posse.html

He’s a complete shithead, didn’t show any on the field ability for us last season, and is an absolute penalty machine. I’ll wont surprised if he’s not on the roster next season.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2018, 12:12:57 PM »
The arrest certainly doesn't look good, but no GM can predict something like that. 

“Citing 49ers sources, the report states that Robinson had “an embarrassing and troubling incident on a 49ers flight earlier this season,” and also that he “got into it with coaches on the sideline in his final game with San Francisco.” These were considered the “final straw” on top of his excessive penalties.

Robinson was benched the week before he was traded to the Jets after starting the first seven games of the season. He had two penalties on special teams in the game he was benched, which brought his total to an NFL-high 10 penalties on the season. He had four pass interference penalties with the 49ers alone.”

“He had his share of troubles in college. During the 2014 season at LSU, he was suspended for a failed drug test and poor grades. He sat out one semester, and then was arrested in June 2015 for unauthorized entry into a teammate's apartment. LSU didn't let him back into school after that. Robinson trained for the 2016 NFL Draft back home in South Florida.”

This is the type of guy we should be getting rid of, not trading draft picks to acquire.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 12:14:32 PM by SixFeetDeep »

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2018, 12:47:17 PM »
The penalties are one thing, but the off the field nonsense flies in the face of everything the Jets have supposedly been trying to do in the clubhouse.

It would be one thing to deal with it from a player like Wilkerson or Richardson when they're at the top of their game, but when a guy is playing like excrement anyway? GTFO.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2018, 01:38:19 PM »
The NFL has suspended CB Rashard Robinson four games.

Please get the freak out now

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2018, 01:51:09 PM »
Please get the freak out now

I think this was for the thing he did back in December, edible pot.  Punishment now just coming down.  Either way, it was a waste of a 5th rounder.  But at least it was only a 5th.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2018, 02:00:18 PM »
Will this be any different than what he provided last year?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2018, 02:29:37 PM »
..edible pot. 

The excrement I have kicks in after about an hour, you go from zero to Alice In Chains almost immediately.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2018, 04:26:16 PM »
Waste of talent
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2018, 08:34:23 AM »
I hate that he's suspended because he's actually been really good in the preseason.  Legitimately really good.  He's allowing something like 3.9 yards per catch.

He got beat in the Redskins game, but that was still very good coverage that lost out to a big time catch and a perfectly placed throw.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2018, 11:30:05 AM »
I hate that he's suspended because he's actually been really good in the preseason.  Legitimately really good.  He's allowing something like 3.9 yards per catch.

He got beat in the Redskins game, but that was still very good coverage that lost out to a big time catch and a perfectly placed throw.

Weren't you up in arms last week about how terrible he is and saying that he should be caught?  I could've sworn it was Robinson because I remember thinking he was in good position on every play.

Side note:  Doesn't the suspension help us?  I thought suspended players don't count against the roster when they're suspended.  Am I wrong on this?  If I'm correct the more suspended players you have, the more flexibility you have with your roster.  In most situations being suspended is a huge negative, but with a player who is 4th or 5th or maybe 6th on the depth chart could be a blessing in disguise.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2018, 11:54:52 AM »
Weren't you up in arms last week about how terrible he is and saying that he should be caught?

Maybe during the Washington game after he was penalized and when he talked excrement after getting Moss’d.

Reacting during an actual game and then watching it afterwards are a little different.

And no, a suspension does not help us.  We are able to keep a worse player on the roster a little longer until the better one comes back.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2018, 01:15:44 PM »
Maybe during the Washington game after he was penalized and when he talked excrement after getting Moss’d.

Reacting during an actual game and then watching it afterwards are a little different.

And no, a suspension does not help us.  We are able to keep a worse player on the roster a little longer until the better one comes back.

If we're losing a starter yes, but in the case of a backup that's not true. 
Robinson and Stewart's suspensions allow us to keep roster bubble players on our team longer than other teams.  This gives us the opportunity to get extended looks at other players and added insurance in case a player get injured.  In crowded positions like wr and cb/safety this is a huge advantage.  55 players > 53 players

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2018, 04:49:22 PM »
If we're losing a starter yes, but in the case of a backup that's not true. 
Robinson and Stewart's suspensions allow us to keep roster bubble players on our team longer than other teams.  This gives us the opportunity to get extended looks at other players and added insurance in case a player get injured.  In crowded positions like wr and cb/safety this is a huge advantage.  55 players > 53 players

But you're also talking about guys that you want to play and develop not being able to be with amd practice with the team. I don't know how having a player with potential that you want to develop away from the organization for a few weeks could be a good thing. That's how guys fall off the path and find more trouble

Ornstein

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2018, 05:00:30 PM »
I'd much rather Robinson over Burris and Roberts.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2018, 06:11:22 PM »
I'd much rather Robinson over Burris and Roberts.

I’d rather have Steve Gleason over Juston Burris.

Tags: