Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 514047 times)

Ignatius J Reilly

Re: Annoyances
« Reply #840 on: May 13, 2014, 09:40:51 AM »
UPS pissed me off. I ordered some garden decoration on Amazon for Mother's Day last week, it was supposed to arrive on Thursday. UPS refused to leave the package without a signature, so they left one of those slips on the mailbox. So I signed the back of the slip and left a post-it note on the front of it asking them to leave the package. So what do they do on Friday? Refuse to deliver it again and just slapped a second slip on top of the first one.

Tracking says they're not retrying again until Monday, so now this is no longer a viable Mother's Day gift. I ended up going to Home Depot on Sunday morning and buying something similar, and that worked out fine. I figured UPS would flub the third attempt and I'd be able to tell Amazon to take it back.

So what does UPS do? They freaking leave it by the door on Monday. They managed to not deliver it the two days that would have been fine, and delivered it on the only day that was too late.

The best return option was for a UPS pickup (only other option was lugging this thing to a UPS store) so who the hell knows how this will work out. I'm sure they'll try to swing by at 10 AM when no one is home.

If you ordered it on Amazon, pitch a big fit and explain to them.  They'll hook you up with free stuff.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #841 on: May 13, 2014, 09:43:33 AM »
My sister ordered a book on amazon ($15-20) around Christmas and ended up getting the same one as a gift from my parents. she went on amazon to start the return process, and they told her to just keep the book and they would take the charge off her account.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #842 on: May 13, 2014, 09:45:45 AM »
If you ordered it on Amazon, pitch a big fit and explain to them.  They'll hook you up with free stuff.

I want to see how things play out with this UPS pickup.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #843 on: May 13, 2014, 09:50:46 AM »
Why don't you have things delivered in your office?
"Wrong!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #844 on: May 13, 2014, 09:50:54 AM »
I want to see how things play out with this UPS pickup.

they usually show up sometime mid afternoon. They probably want you to leave the item on your doorstep.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #845 on: May 13, 2014, 09:53:35 AM »
Why don't you have things delivered in your office?

It was a 4' tall box, I'm not carrying that excrement home.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #846 on: May 13, 2014, 10:03:25 AM »
I was trying to warranty my Kindle fire for the 3rd time because the screens are made of papier mache.  The rep said she had to credit my account and use that credit to buy a new Kindle, and she would also throw in a few extra bucks to pay for a new hard case for it.

I ended up getting close to $400 in credits, 200 for the Kindle fire and 200 for a new case. I just bought a 25 buck case and a new TV for the guest room

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #847 on: May 13, 2014, 10:32:43 AM »
What kind of weak derriere tv did you buy for 375?
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #848 on: May 13, 2014, 10:35:20 AM »
What kind of weak derriere tv did you buy for 375?

Top of the line Westinghouse.

But seriously, I got a pretty good 42" LG for under $400.

Koz

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #849 on: May 13, 2014, 10:42:49 AM »
People who don't spread out on the train/bus once more space becomes available. Diffusion isn't complicated!

I had that happpen a few weeks ago.  3 seater, I'm at the window.  Hot chick sat between myself and another guy.  He got up halfway through- she maintained her seat in the middle, next to me. 

Must have been my strong musk that continued to attract her, keeping her so close.

Or, it could be because the outside seat closest to the aisle does not have its own headrest.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #850 on: May 13, 2014, 10:45:54 AM »
I had that happpen a few weeks ago.  3 seater, I'm at the window.  Hot chick sat between myself and another guy.  He got up halfway through- she maintained her seat in the middle, next to me. 

Must have been my strong musk that continued to attract her, keeping her so close.

Or, it could be because the outside seat closest to the aisle does not have its own headrest.

Yeah, that little half-seat on the end sucks. But it's not bad when it's an attractive woman, it's much more annoying when it's a 50 year old gypsy woman or a fat guy.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #851 on: May 13, 2014, 11:03:59 AM »
In relation to train seats, nothing was worse than getting stuck on the inside of one of these two-seaters when there were other seats available:

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #852 on: May 13, 2014, 02:31:48 PM »
My sister ordered a book on amazon ($15-20) around Christmas and ended up getting the same one as a gift from my parents. she went on amazon to start the return process, and they told her to just keep the book and they would take the charge off her account.
I had that happen with some baby seat thingie I bought on Amazon.  I guess there are some items that get discontinued and aren't worth them restocking.  I returned it at the last minute before the return limit expired.  They just said keep it and refunded the money.  Sweet.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #853 on: May 13, 2014, 03:17:36 PM »
Most of the time if the price is low on an item they'll do that because the cost of the return and restock is higher than its value. Still great customer service though

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #854 on: May 13, 2014, 04:09:28 PM »
Yeah I shop with a couple of companies with very poor quality control, borderline retarded, which is more than made up for their great customer service.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!