Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 513948 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #825 on: May 13, 2014, 09:12:19 AM »
you guys know me better than I know myself.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #826 on: May 13, 2014, 09:12:42 AM »
yeah I was a line cook in restaurants but that was just my job through college. I work in an industrial/manufacturing engineering role for a company that designs airplane jet engines. but like I've said I just sit at my desk trying every way humanly possible to not do anything productive

sounds like a gov't job.

You should apply to the gov't...you'd make more money doing nothing.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #827 on: May 13, 2014, 09:12:46 AM »

Before my family moved into the house that became my childhood home, it was previously owned by a Korean family. We found an old dried up fish behind the oven - I guess they somehow let one fall back there and never bothered to get it out.

Did it smell?
"Wrong!"

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #828 on: May 13, 2014, 09:13:15 AM »

yeah I was a line cook in restaurants but that was just my job through college. I work in an industrial/manufacturing engineering role for a company that designs airplane jet engines. but like I've said I just sit at my desk trying every way humanly possible to not do anything productive

Christ. I've known you fuckers for a long time.
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #829 on: May 13, 2014, 09:13:26 AM »
Did it smell?

Well the whole house smelled so I'm not sure that they noticed.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #830 on: May 13, 2014, 09:13:36 AM »

Before my family moved into the house that became my childhood home, it was previously owned by a Korean family. We found an old dried up fish behind the oven - I guess they somehow let one fall back there and never bothered to get it out.

I had to work on a project in middle school with this Korean kid whose parents were first generation.  I literally threw my clothes away after because the smell was so bad.  I didn't want it to get on my other clothes in the laundry.  In hindsight, I should have just asked the kid's parents if they knew someone who could take care of it.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #831 on: May 13, 2014, 09:14:48 AM »
I had to work on a project in middle school with this Korean kid whose parents were first generation.  I literally threw my clothes away after because the smell was so bad.  I didn't want it to get on my other clothes in the laundry.  In hindsight, I should have just asked the kid's parents if they knew someone who could take care of it.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #832 on: May 13, 2014, 09:15:15 AM »
Christ. I've known you fuckers for a long time.

It feels like you're a Chinese citizen by now

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #833 on: May 13, 2014, 09:16:17 AM »

It feels like you're a Chinese citizen by now

I need to stop using deodorant.
"Wrong!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #834 on: May 13, 2014, 09:16:19 AM »
freak that excrement. The Chinese don't believe in deodorant.

The ones that used to fish on the long range boat used to shower fifty freaking times. I swear the Captain would have to shower ban them because those fuckers would use all the fresh water.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #835 on: May 13, 2014, 09:21:43 AM »
The Japanese are a pristine people.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #836 on: May 13, 2014, 09:22:51 AM »

The Japanese are a pristine people.

They don't consider themselves Asian, so they don't count.
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #837 on: May 13, 2014, 09:33:36 AM »
UPS pissed me off. I ordered some garden decoration on Amazon for Mother's Day last week, it was supposed to arrive on Thursday. UPS refused to leave the package without a signature, so they left one of those slips on the mailbox. So I signed the back of the slip and left a post-it note on the front of it asking them to leave the package. So what do they do on Friday? Refuse to deliver it again and just slapped a second slip on top of the first one.

Tracking says they're not retrying again until Monday, so now this is no longer a viable Mother's Day gift. I ended up going to Home Depot on Sunday morning and buying something similar, and that worked out fine. I figured UPS would flub the third attempt and I'd be able to tell Amazon to take it back.

So what does UPS do? They freaking leave it by the door on Monday. They managed to not deliver it the two days that would have been fine, and delivered it on the only day that was too late.

The best return option was for a UPS pickup (only other option was lugging this thing to a UPS store) so who the hell knows how this will work out. I'm sure they'll try to swing by at 10 AM when no one is home.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #838 on: May 13, 2014, 09:39:19 AM »
UPS pissed me off. I ordered some garden decoration on Amazon for Mother's Day last week, it was supposed to arrive on Thursday. UPS refused to leave the package without a signature, so they left one of those slips on the mailbox. So I signed the back of the slip and left a post-it note on the front of it asking them to leave the package. So what do they do on Friday? Refuse to deliver it again and just slapped a second slip on top of the first one.

Tracking says they're not retrying again until Monday, so now this is no longer a viable Mother's Day gift. I ended up going to Home Depot on Sunday morning and buying something similar, and that worked out fine. I figured UPS would flub the third attempt and I'd be able to tell Amazon to take it back.

So what does UPS do? They freaking leave it by the door on Monday. They managed to not deliver it the two days that would have been fine, and delivered it on the only day that was too late.

The best return option was for a UPS pickup (only other option was lugging this thing to a UPS store) so who the hell knows how this will work out. I'm sure they'll try to swing by at 10 AM when no one is home.

wow. was it valuable? UPS left a 40 inch LED TV propped up next to my garage last month.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #839 on: May 13, 2014, 09:40:40 AM »
wow. was it valuable? UPS left a 40 inch LED TV propped up next to my garage last month.

Not really, which is why I really wanted them to just leave it the first time.