Author Topic: 2020 MLB thread  (Read 44908 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: 2020 MLB thread
« Reply #165 on: May 15, 2020, 10:03:26 AM »
The players refusing to play should be about safety....not about money.  As soon as it becomes about money, the players look like retards.  This applies to the owners too.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #166 on: May 15, 2020, 11:01:37 AM »
The players refusing to play should be about safety....not about money.  As soon as it becomes about money, the players look like retards.  This applies to the owners too.

why? because they make more than you?

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #167 on: May 15, 2020, 11:06:09 AM »
why? because they make more than you?

they make more than everybody.  Take a look at the unemployment rates before asking that question.

"Bryce Harper might lose a few million off his contract from Fort Knox....Ohhh Nooozz"
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 11:08:36 AM by MBGreen »
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2020, 11:16:56 AM »
theyre gonna make more than you no matter what, the money really means nothing to me here. i have no vested interest in their negotiations outside wanting to see baseball be played.

do the owners go back and offer them more money when the teams make more? no.

the players already agreed to a pro-rated portion, the owners regret that decision and want to go back on their word and redo the deal they offered in the first place. thats bullshit, utter bullshit. you open a can of worms by even considering this, that has far more consequences in the future.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2020, 11:21:27 AM »
theyre gonna make more than you no matter what, the money really means nothing to me here. i have no vested interest in their negotiations outside wanting to see baseball be played.

do the owners go back and offer them more money when the teams make more? no.

the players already agreed to a pro-rated portion, the owners regret that decision and want to go back on their word and redo the deal they offered in the first place. thats bullshit, utter bullshit. you open a can of worms by even considering this, that has far more consequences in the future.

the owners are going to get what they want whether it's right or wrong.  That will never change.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #170 on: May 15, 2020, 11:52:43 AM »
I don’t see anyone arguing that the owners aren’t being pricks

My comments on Snell stand alone.

Look up what Sean Doolittle or Andrew Miller said if you want a player’s take who isn’t a complete lady garden
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2020, 12:05:31 PM »
Iron clad contracts during an almost unprecedented pandemic? NYC City subways shut down nightly every night for 4 hours and there’s been an OT freeze in my department, which is essential, because they have no revenue to work with. Should we not work because it’s not in our contracts? I’m in one of the strongest unions in the entire country, too. Should we demand OT and demand the subways open because it’s not written in our contracts? Again, because they play a sport, a freaking sport, they’re above all of us? Nothing can be re-thought? I hate to break to people like Snell, but you’re not essential. Your job isn’t and neither are you. They can find someone else willing to pitch in these circumstances.

Please, that’s laughable. freak the owners, freak the players. My interest in baseball was waning as it was, the fact that no one’s willing to budge on this makes me care so little that, and not that they need my interest or money, I doubt I’ll care much when they do eventually play.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 12:07:55 PM by guinness77 »

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #172 on: May 15, 2020, 12:28:00 PM »
again, theyve already agreed to a pro-rated portion, theyve already bended and compromises. now the owners are asking for even more cutbacks, which is the problem.

its akin to MTA cutting service, and then once the salary guys agreed to just get a pro-rated payment for when they worked, the MTA was like "no, you also will only get 25% for working your normal shifts"

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2020, 01:12:31 PM »
Approximately 30% of MLB revenue comes from ticket sales, so completely losing that probably puts some teams in the red if player salaries are paid as normal/pro-rated

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2020, 01:14:23 PM »
again, theyve already agreed to a pro-rated portion, theyve already bended and compromises. now the owners are asking for even more cutbacks, which is the problem.

its akin to MTA cutting service, and then once the salary guys agreed to just get a pro-rated payment for when they worked, the MTA was like "no, you also will only get 25% for working your normal shifts"
This is the third time I’m saying this now. Not getting OT has cut my paycheck. I don’t make MLB money, but this is costing me, probably, on average, $750 a month. That might not seem like much, but it is. And, if there was no pandemic, the ridership would still the same, the revenue would still be there and we’d still be getting OT. It’s not written into our contract that OT can be frozen but, here we are, there are no funds, so they can’t give OT.

Listen, I don’t really care about any of this. It’s just not a good look for either side, considering what’s going on in the World right now. Everybody has had to sacrifice in many different ways. Anybody in any sport, owners or players, have to realize there are a lot of Average Joes and Janes who are gonna have Campbell’s Soup for dinner tonight. People who, never in a million years, thought they’d be standing in line for milk or eggs or cereal, but...they are. It’s about time (and minimum salary is more than a half million so spare me the soapbox excrement) these pampered individuals realize that and they BOTH make some concessions.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #175 on: May 15, 2020, 01:19:57 PM »
This is the third time I’m saying this now. Not getting OT has cut my paycheck. I don’t make MLB money, but this is costing me, probably, on average, $750 a month. That might not seem like much, but it is. And, if there was no pandemic, the ridership would still the same, the revenue would still be there and we’d still be getting OT. It’s not written into our contract that OT can be frozen but, here we are, there are no funds, so they can’t give OT.

Listen, I don’t really care about any of this. It’s just not a good look for either side, considering what’s going on in the World right now. Everybody has had to sacrifice in many different ways. Anybody in any sport, owners or players, have to realize there are a lot of Average Joes and Janes who are gonna have Campbell’s Soup for dinner tonight. People who, never in a million years, thought they’d be standing in line for milk or eggs or cereal, but...they are. It’s about time (and minimum salary is more than a half million so spare me the soapbox excrement) these pampered individuals realize that and they BOTH make some concessions.

Well said.

And i'm sorry about your OT, man....that really sucks.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #176 on: May 15, 2020, 01:27:20 PM »
Well said.

And i'm sorry about your OT, man....that really sucks.
It’s ok. We’re making it through and no ones sick so I feel grateful for that. I can still pay my bills and afford groceries. It’s more than what a lot of other people can say, for sure.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #177 on: May 15, 2020, 01:30:52 PM »
the owners are going to get what they want whether it's right or wrong.  That will never change.
Cuck excrement

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #178 on: May 15, 2020, 01:34:09 PM »
It’s ok. We’re making it through and no ones sick so I feel grateful for that. I can still pay my bills and afford groceries. It’s more than what a lot of other people can say, for sure.

I'm glad to hear it.  I can't imagine being at the epicenter of this excrement....stay safe, dude.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #179 on: May 15, 2020, 01:34:34 PM »
Cuck excrement

take it like a man

Tags: