Author Topic: Jets potentially interested in ex-JAX GM Gene Smith  (Read 9553 times)

casman02

• Chad Pennington
Jets potentially interested in ex-JAX GM Gene Smith
« on: January 14, 2015, 05:26:41 PM »
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora  10m10 minutes ago
As the Jets transform their front office, I continue to hear there is a strong chance ex-Jags GM Gene Smith has a considerable role w/them

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Jets potentially interested in ex-JAX GM Gene Smith
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 05:28:59 PM »
Punter in the 3rd round, babbie
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 05:30:16 PM »
Geneo Smith
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 05:36:54 PM »
Geez

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 07:43:25 PM »
Prrrrty sure this is prrrt from Cuntfora.  Gene Smith gets hate that rivals Kotite.  Gotta be wrong.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 08:44:54 PM »
Please no.

Gene Smith's regime in Jacksonville left almost as much carnage as the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 09:16:14 PM »

Please no.

Gene Smith's regime in Jacksonville left almost as much carnage as the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia.

Sick reference, bro.
"Wrong!"

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 10:32:13 PM »
Sick reference, bro.

I mean I didn't want to get too crazy with the hyperbole so I stayed away from a Mao comparison. But it was bad. He's a part of the Mount Olympus of bad GM's with Cam Bonifay and Rob Babcock. Mike Milbury is Zeus.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 11:06:07 PM »
When you're a Smith that's worse than AJ, then you're pretty shitty

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 03:58:39 AM »
This dude looks like Rob Ford's cousin and he just discovered drugs.

Pass.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2015, 11:05:49 AM »
AdamSchefter: Jets GM Mike Maccagnan is strongly considering adding former Jaguars GM Gene Smith to his front office, per sources. The two men are close.

His first draft as a GM wasn't bad at all, but then things got weird...especially the Alualu and Anger picks.

JAX got killed by Justin Blackmon (and Gabbert).  He was clearly a top talent and showed that he could play at a high level in the NFL.  Off the field stuff killed that pick.

The guy might be a good scout, but just not good at ranking/judging the value of prospects. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 11:07:26 AM by Heismanberg »

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2015, 11:17:17 AM »
His first draft as a GM wasn't bad at all, but then things got weird...especially the Alualu and Anger picks.

JAX got killed by Justin Blackmon (and Gabbert).  He was clearly a top talent and showed that he could play at a high level in the NFL.  Off the field stuff killed that pick.

The guy might be a good scout, but just not good at ranking/judging the value of prospects. 

Here's where I am at with regards to hiring General Managers that have failed miserably. I don't know excrement about Smith as a scout so I am not sure about his record as a scout other than to say, he must have been decent to get a GM gig.

As a GM there are a ton of different hats you have to wear to be successful. Now you can ask questions such as: Did he still scout? Did he trust his scouts more than his opinion? Did he have enough time to scout? Did he crumple under the additional pressure of contracts, pro personnel, coaches etc. etc.

So it's not as simple as saying well he sucked as a GM, why hire him as a scout.

That said I don't really want that guy in the Jets fold, I prefer someone that didn't fail miserably as a GM. We have all watched how successful that was with Bradway and I think I could do without another dose of a situation such as that. So freak no I don't want him to hire Smith.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2015, 11:19:18 AM »
Here's where I am at with regards to hiring General Managers that have failed miserably. I don't know excrement about Smith as a scout so I am not sure about his record as a scout other than to say, he must have been decent to get a GM gig.

As a GM there are a ton of different hats you have to wear to be successful. Now you can ask questions such as: Did he still scout? Did he trust his scouts more than his opinion? Did he have enough time to scout? Did he crumple under the additional pressure of contracts, pro personnel, coaches etc. etc.

So it's not as simple as saying well he sucked as a GM, why hire him as a scout.

That said I don't really want that guy in the Jets fold, I prefer someone that didn't fail miserably as a GM. We have all watched how successful that was with Bradway and I think I could do without another dose of a situation such as that. So freak no I don't want him to hire Smith.

pretty much

but I'd be OK with him as a regional scout - putting him in charge of scouting or player personnel would worry me thogh

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2015, 11:23:14 AM »
Well, we'll get a good punter this year in the draft.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

Tags: jets jaguars