Author Topic: Crap Movies  (Read 142149 times)

Ignatius J Reilly

Re: Crap Movies
« Reply #675 on: March 03, 2016, 11:49:52 AM »
I promise you I am not watching the new Point Break, Roadhouse and Ghostbusters, not legally nor on an illegal stream, never.

I might watch the last two if they surprise.  I doubt it, though.  I like Paul Feig, but this looks like excrement.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #676 on: March 03, 2016, 12:46:22 PM »
oh my god that new ghostbusters looks awful.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #677 on: March 03, 2016, 02:42:41 PM »
But it's got FEMALE LEADS! You guys are just MISOGYNISTS who don't EVER want to see a WOMAN in a LEAD ROLE!

...or so Twitter would say today to anyone who isn't dazzled by the trailer.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #678 on: March 03, 2016, 03:28:39 PM »
But it's got FEMALE LEADS! You guys are just MISOGYNISTS who don't EVER want to see a WOMAN in a LEAD ROLE!

...or so Twitter would say today to anyone who isn't dazzled by the trailer.

There was plenty of that crap about how women shouldn't carry movies before the trailer came out.  There is STILL hate for the fact that Rey carried Star Wars and Captain Phasma is a woman.  It's why I was hoping the movie would be good.  Sadly, it looks like it's going to be utter excrement.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #679 on: March 03, 2016, 05:08:19 PM »
Sad part is that's a pretty funny cast. But the idea seemed bad to me to begin with .

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #680 on: March 03, 2016, 05:10:35 PM »
I thought it had disaster written all over it. Honestly, why mess with classics?

Even classic bad movies that were good, like Point Break or to stay with Patrick Swayze, they're remaking Roadhouse. There's no way in hell they're going to recreate the nuances that make those movies loveable. The new RH is going to be junk and I didn't need to see the new PB to know that would suck balls.

The first time I saw the previews I screamed in agony as tge end title showed for the trailer   in theaters lol

Got a few laughs

Nothing to add your post nailed it

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #682 on: March 03, 2016, 07:08:53 PM »
Lol

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #683 on: March 03, 2016, 08:16:02 PM »
2016: The year America decided to try female reboots of Ghostbusters and the Clinton presidency.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #684 on: March 04, 2016, 11:18:37 AM »
There was plenty of that crap about how women shouldn't carry movies before the trailer came out.  There is STILL hate for the fact that Rey carried Star Wars and Captain Phasma is a woman.  It's why I was hoping the movie would be good.  Sadly, it looks like it's going to be utter excrement.

You'll get no argument from me that ignorance runs rampant. At the same time, for people to play the "If you don't think the Ghostbusters trailer is amazing you MUST be a misogynistic PIG" card is absolutely ludicrous.

Personally, I didn't watch the trailer because I'm not all that interested in the movie to begin with. I liked the original but that's about it. I'll likely see this new one at some point, but probably not in the theater.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #685 on: March 04, 2016, 11:29:03 AM »

You'll get no argument from me that ignorance runs rampant. At the same time, for people to play the "If you don't think the Ghostbusters trailer is amazing you MUST be a misogynistic PIG" card is absolutely ludicrous.

Personally, I didn't watch the trailer because I'm not all that interested in the movie to begin with. I liked the original but that's about it. I'll likely see this new one at some point, but probably not in the theater.

There are always going to be people like that on both sides.  I think most people have been pretty reasonable, but Twitter amplifies the idiots and then the media creates alleged firestorms.  I can't remember if I saw this on here or somewhere else, but it's great:

https://medium.com/@parkermolloy/5-things-the-media-does-to-manufacture-outrage-ba79125e1262#.tgu0zi3pw

I agree with the responses I've seen most frequently: ghosts look amazing, but the movie doesn't look funny and looks derivative.  Given that Bridesmaids was so good and The Heat surprisingly pretty good, I thought this could be solid.  Doesn't look like it.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #686 on: March 04, 2016, 11:44:41 AM »
There are always going to be people like that on both sides.  I think most people have been pretty reasonable, but Twitter amplifies the idiots and then the media creates alleged firestorms.  I can't remember if I saw this on here or somewhere else, but it's great:

https://medium.com/@parkermolloy/5-things-the-media-does-to-manufacture-outrage-ba79125e1262#.tgu0zi3pw

I agree with the responses I've seen most frequently: ghosts look amazing, but the movie doesn't look funny and looks derivative.  Given that Bridesmaids was so good and The Heat surprisingly pretty good, I thought this could be solid.  Doesn't look like it.

True Story, I saw that movie with a gaggle of women and surprisingly enjoyed it. I was lamenting going as I like neither Bullock nor McCarthy all that much. It wasn't bad at all.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #687 on: March 04, 2016, 01:00:09 PM »

True Story, I saw that movie with a gaggle of women and surprisingly enjoyed it. I was lamenting going as I like neither Bullock nor McCarthy all that much. It wasn't bad at all.

My wife recorded it a year back and I delayed watching it with her.  Finally gave in and had the same reaction.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #688 on: March 04, 2016, 02:18:33 PM »
Has anyone seen Man of Tai Chi?  It seems like a crappy kung fu movie that might be a fun watch.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #689 on: March 04, 2016, 04:51:36 PM »
Has anyone seen Man of Tai Chi?  It seems like a crappy kung fu movie that might be a fun watch.

Man Of Tai Chi is actually a pretty badass movie. Directed by Keanu Reaves. Keanu Reaves takes such a bad rap for the 80's/90s

he has basically moved out east and trains like a beast. i just saw a video of him today basically doing John Wick excrement in real life. a speed/accuracy training exercise with pistols, rifles, shotguns.

dude is legit. i dont remember the name of the lead he cast, but ive seen him before. guy is a great martial artist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzK6kGwo70M
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 04:54:49 PM by Coach K »

Tags: movies