Author Topic: Crap Movies  (Read 142140 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Crap Movies
« Reply #660 on: January 23, 2016, 04:07:41 PM »

If I was Bob DeNiro I would take a role to see a naked Zac Efron

FYP

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #661 on: January 23, 2016, 04:14:39 PM »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #662 on: January 23, 2016, 05:08:06 PM »
He must be enjoying the work, he's already richer than Croesus so he's not doing excrement films to pay the mortgage.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #663 on: January 30, 2016, 12:07:30 AM »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #664 on: January 30, 2016, 03:54:48 PM »

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #665 on: March 03, 2016, 09:53:24 AM »
Moving this quote here:

Not the greatest of all time, but certainly a great comedy.  I even think new Ghostbusters has a chance of being good.

FTR I don't have any female comics I go out of my way to listen to.  Can't comment on the standup one.  There are good comedic performances from women in TV and film, though.

New Ghostbusters trailer released.  There is absolutely nothing funny in it.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #666 on: March 03, 2016, 10:09:09 AM »
Moving this quote here:

New Ghostbusters trailer released.  There is absolutely nothing funny in it.

I thought it had disaster written all over it. Honestly, why mess with classics?

Even classic bad movies that were good, like Point Break or to stay with Patrick Swayze, they're remaking Roadhouse. There's no way in hell they're going to recreate the nuances that make those movies loveable. The new RH is going to be junk and I didn't need to see the new PB to know that would suck balls.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #667 on: March 03, 2016, 10:11:27 AM »
I was basically gonna write something pretty similar to what puck wrote but he beat me to the punch. freak that movie. Just re-release the original. freak, we saw Ghostbusters at the frigging drive-in.

Unfortunately, the majority of this country is stupid and it will bank damn near $100 million.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #668 on: March 03, 2016, 10:11:56 AM »
I thought it had disaster written all over it. Honestly, why mess with classics?

Even classic bad movies that were good, like Point Break or to stay with Patrick Swayze, they're remaking Roadhouse. There's no way in hell they're going to recreate the nuances that make those movies loveable. The new RH is going to be junk and I didn't need to see the new PB to know that would suck balls.

MBStarlord thanks for you this post.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #669 on: March 03, 2016, 10:18:26 AM »
How could you EVER recreate the tension when Roach is bleeding to death on the plane and he looks at Utah and sneers "what the freak are you looking at?"

Or the intensity of Pappas asking Utah for two?

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #670 on: March 03, 2016, 10:31:33 AM »
I was basically gonna write something pretty similar to what puck wrote but he beat me to the punch. freak that movie. Just re-release the original. freak, we saw Ghostbusters at the frigging drive-in.

Unfortunately, the majority of this country is stupid and it will bank damn near $100 million.

Spot on! Unfortunately, it will make that the first weekend. There's no way they're recreating the back and forth that made Winston, Ray, Egon and Venkman hilarious to watch, even Rick Moranis told them to freak off..................... Rick Moranis. hahahaha

MBStarlord thanks for you this post.

lol you're welcome.

How could you EVER recreate the tension when Roach is bleeding to death on the plane and he looks at Utah and sneers "what the freak are you looking at?"

Or the intensity of Pappas asking Utah for two?

Exactly or John C. McGinley sneering at Busey and Reaves:

Ben Harp: You're a real blue flame special, aren't you, son? Young, dumb and full of come, I know. What I don't know is how you got assigned here. Guess we must just have ourselves an poopchute shortage, huh?

Johnny Utah: [quietly] Not so far.

you can't possible recreate that.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 10:35:33 AM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #671 on: March 03, 2016, 10:39:44 AM »
Ghostbusters as a whole is a great, funny movie that has great back and forth and, the thing I always loved, captures NYC in all of its 1980s glory but no one, NO ONE, can be Peter Venkman other than Bill Murray. The way he spins around outside Lincoln Center after he flirts with Dana. The way he says Walter Peck has no penis. The way he keeps shocking that dude in the beginning. The way he talks to the mayor to get him onboard with letting them save the day. "Lenny...."

The NYC thing I always loved: when Moranis starts talking to the horse, "wait for the sign, all prisoners will be released..." And the horse buggy guy is just like "he pulls the carriage, I make the deals" and then Moranis runs away all crazy and he tells YOU WILL PERISH IN FLAMES, and the driver isn't even freaked out he's just like "what an poopchute". freaking perfect.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #672 on: March 03, 2016, 10:44:22 AM »
"Let's show this bitch the way we do things downtown."

You ain't recreating that.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #673 on: March 03, 2016, 10:56:53 AM »

That's why it got remade.  It'll make a ton of money based on the name alone in the first weekend.  Hollywood isn't going to stop remaking movies or capitalizing on pre-existing material until this stupid standoff ends.  People pirate movies, so Hollywood is afraid to take chances on anything that takes time to build an audience.  On the flipside, Hollywood refuses to adopt a better home distribution model and forgo theaters for those types of releases.  All three need to come to a middle ground (studios, theaters, moviegoers).  Honestly, the best thing moviegoers can do is just stop watching new movies.  Don't go see this excrement, stream stuff legally, and don't pirate.  If you take away the scapegoat, Hollywood will have to change.  Of course, everyone is so freaking entitled that it won't happen.  They'll keep saying they have a right to watch movies that studios dumped hundreds of millions into and blame Hollywood entirely.  "But I can't watch it legally here!" "But I wouldn't pay to see it anyway!" Then don't watch it and watch how Hollywood changes.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #674 on: March 03, 2016, 11:24:41 AM »
That's why it got remade.  It'll make a ton of money based on the name alone in the first weekend.  Hollywood isn't going to stop remaking movies or capitalizing on pre-existing material until this stupid standoff ends.  People pirate movies, so Hollywood is afraid to take chances on anything that takes time to build an audience.  On the flipside, Hollywood refuses to adopt a better home distribution model and forgo theaters for those types of releases.  All three need to come to a middle ground (studios, theaters, moviegoers).  Honestly, the best thing moviegoers can do is just stop watching new movies.  Don't go see this excrement, stream stuff legally, and don't pirate.  If you take away the scapegoat, Hollywood will have to change.  Of course, everyone is so freaking entitled that it won't happen.  They'll keep saying they have a right to watch movies that studios dumped hundreds of millions into and blame Hollywood entirely.  "But I can't watch it legally here!" "But I wouldn't pay to see it anyway!" Then don't watch it and watch how Hollywood changes.

I promise you I am not watching the new Point Break, Roadhouse and Ghostbusters, not legally nor on an illegal stream, never.

Tags: movies