Author Topic: Dawgs  (Read 103453 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Dawgs
« Reply #690 on: March 17, 2019, 06:55:47 PM »
We went to the vet yesterday, they recommended we see the crate rest through for another three weeks. Poor guy hates it when he's alone. He's been really good about just laying in bed with my wife when shes home as a reprieve from the crate, so he gets that otherwise aside from a little sniffing time outdoors for the bathroom hes confined to that freaking thing. I've been on the aeromattress since last wednesday so he's not alone at night. I tried to memory foam his crate but he ripped it open so ive left the cover in with a towel as padding.

I'm just thankful there's no paralysis, the vet re-upped the pain meds and anti-inflammatories. He's way more mobile, but according to the vet he'll need to be restricted in his movement for the rest of his life to ensure this doesn't reoccur, so no jumping. I'm already trying to figure out a space for him when we're not home in the house and i've been looking up ramps for when we go to sleep and he wants to come into our bed.

Thanks for asking Six, I've been keeping myself pretty much in the living room when I'm home to make it easier on him, but it still sucks. I'm thrilled at his progress though, had he continued the way he was last wednesday we'd be investigating surgery and whatnot. I'd rather he didn't have to go under the knife.

Thanks for the update. Sounds rough, but I would venture to say this is one of the better possible outcomes after your initial post. Keep doing what you’re doing and hopefully he continues to get better. I’m glad you found out when you did so that you could give him that level of attention before things got worse. Good job bud
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #691 on: March 17, 2019, 07:05:43 PM »
This is my dog, Jet.  He's 7 months old and I've had him for 4 months now.  He is 3/4 English Bulldog and 1/4 Pug.  The past 4 months have been one of the happiest periods of my life, bar-none.  Just spending 10 minutes with this guy self validates the decision I made and every day I grow to love him more and more.  My parents never let us have dogs as a kid, and I am a HUGE dog person.  I'm sure all dog owners here know the unbridled joy your dog can bring to your life and he makes the time, money and effort all worth it. 

He loves to chew (durr), play fetch, meet new people, chug water and let most of it dribble out of his massive underbite, and play with/annoy anyone that will let him. and he eats freaking everything. dirt, rock, metal, wood, plastic, you name it. We're working on that.  He's actually pretty smart, he's already learned all the basic commands, is crate trained, and is making huge strides being housebroken/pottytrained. 

Thanks to everyone that offered input, I still want another dog in the future and will likely go the rescue route.

Especially big thanks goes out to Bo for helping me with all the questions I had and additional advice he gave me.

Just found this post. My boy turns 5 this Wednesday. I can’t believe how quickly those years have flown by.  The 2nd pic above was the day I met him and I knew instantly how awesome he was. I love him so much and can’t imagine life without him. I feel so incredibly lucky to have him, especially on days where Ive have a shitty day, am run down and I get home, and there he is, the happiest guy in the world beyond pumped that he finally gets to hang out with me again.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 07:08:51 PM by SixFeetDeep »

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #692 on: March 18, 2019, 10:39:32 AM »
Just found this post. My boy turns 5 this Wednesday. I can’t believe how quickly those years have flown by.  The 2nd pic above was the day I met him and I knew instantly how awesome he was. I love him so much and can’t imagine life without him. I feel so incredibly lucky to have him, especially on days where Ive have a shitty day, am run down and I get home, and there he is, the happiest guy in the world beyond pumped that he finally gets to hang out with me again.

Haw haw haw what a handsome fellow.

They're the best. There's nothing else like the unconditional love afforded to a dog owner from their best friend.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #693 on: March 18, 2019, 02:01:00 PM »

He’s 3-months old now. Still hasn’t had his rabies shot yet (that’s Friday) so he hasn’t really been out yet. We took him for a ride to the beach earlier.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #694 on: March 29, 2019, 07:54:41 AM »

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #695 on: March 29, 2019, 01:08:39 PM »

hahahahahahahaha.

FWIW, PetSmart has always done a good job on Lou when he gets groomed. They might have a tendency to upsell me on things that he doesn't need that they know I'll buy because I'm a sucker for my dog, but he always comes out looking for a handsome shmave.

On the update, he's moving around very well...too well. Every time I let him out of the crate he hops and jumps and wants to play. Which is a good sign I suppose, but given how this reoccurs I'm trying to come up with ways to let him out of the crate that produce less anxiety and such. It's heartbreaking seeing him on the Furbo during the day when he's alone, but when I'm next to him on the airmattress, he's perfectly fine.

Lot of MLB the Show and sitting with the Lou this weekend, which I'm more than ok with.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #696 on: March 29, 2019, 01:23:20 PM »
Can I read the whole thing? I have time to kill and I wouldn’t mind a good laugh.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #697 on: March 29, 2019, 01:42:33 PM »
Can I read the whole thing? I have time to kill and I wouldn’t mind a good laugh.

FFS, I just noticed her name is Becky. Because of course it is.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #698 on: March 30, 2019, 02:41:13 PM »
Rescued a puppy this morning

No idea what he’s mixed with but he’s super calm and already loves us a lot.

We named him Sam...
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #699 on: March 30, 2019, 04:25:32 PM »

We named him Sam...

Let’s gooooooooo

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #700 on: April 23, 2019, 05:56:04 PM »
Jet was 69.7 lbs a year ago, weighed in at 55 lbs today

We started feeding him less based on the Vet’s recommendation, and I knew he had lost some weight (everyone comments on it when they see him for the first time in a while), but damn... Vet says he’s in great shape.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #701 on: April 23, 2019, 06:14:45 PM »
Jet was 69.7 lbs a year ago, weighed in at 55 lbs today

We started feeding him less based on the Vet’s recommendation, and I knew he had lost some weight (everyone comments on it when they see him for the first time in a while), but damn... Vet says he’s in great shape.

Draft that beast at 3

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #702 on: April 23, 2019, 06:17:37 PM »

Sam

Weighing in at a massive 6 pounds.  His three cone time is elite.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #703 on: April 23, 2019, 06:29:17 PM »

Sam

Weighing in at a massive 6 pounds.  His three cone time is elite.

What a beaut!!  Really like that coat of hair. Dude has some nice lettuce just like Darnold.

Good looking ears too.

How old is he?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #704 on: April 23, 2019, 08:16:53 PM »

We named him Sam...
Obviously a Son of Sam reference, well played.