Author Topic: Dawgs  (Read 103461 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Dawgs
« Reply #675 on: November 12, 2018, 05:17:35 PM »
Just took my boy to the vet for a rabies shot and ended up diagnosed with a yeast infection in the bulldog flaps on his face, 2 ear infections, and pain in his back right leg. Precscribed pain meds and not syooosed to go up and down stairs for the next 2 weeks. I feel awful
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #676 on: November 12, 2018, 05:19:17 PM »
Just took my boy to the vet for a rabies shot and ended up diagnosed with a yeast infection in the bulldog flaps on his face, 2 ear infections, and pain in his back right leg. Precscribed pain meds and not syooosed to go up and down stairs for the next 2 weeks. I feel awful
You dumbass. 

Nah, just kidding.  Dogs don't talk or complain.  excrement happens.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #677 on: January 12, 2019, 06:44:28 PM »

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #678 on: February 24, 2019, 05:29:28 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/uEic91Y
Ok, so this happened today. I don’t know how this happened but we got a 9-week old Yellow Lab and we named him Brody.
When they first brought us in the room and let us play with him, I wasn’t emotionally ready for what I felt. I never really made peace with Cash leaving. It’s been almost 5 months now since my youngest daughter let him out and he never returned and we never found him. I cried. I hadn’t cried once about it since it had happened and I lost it. Thank God my kids were too preoccupied with the puppy to notice their Dad basically bawling. Very bittersweet moment but I love this guy already. He’s such a little playful meatball and if we ever do somehow get Cash back he’ll have a friend.

I don’t know how to add an image from imgur
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 05:31:53 PM by guinness77 »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #679 on: February 24, 2019, 06:00:21 PM »

What a boss! Congrats man.

That’s awful to hear about Cash, I would react the same way.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #680 on: February 24, 2019, 06:01:47 PM »
The countdown is on. Wedding is at the end of summer and we’re getting a new pup after everything settles down

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #681 on: February 24, 2019, 06:04:22 PM »

What a boss! Congrats man.

That’s awful to hear about Cash, I would react the same way.
Thanks for imbedding and thanks for the post. I’m already counting the days until the 9th.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #682 on: March 06, 2019, 09:42:23 PM »
Came home from work to find my normally peppy little guy completely laboring. Immediately ran him to the e-vet.

They think he has intervertebral disc disease. I'm devastated. Lou is going to essentially need to be confined to a crate for a month, no running, jumping etc.

I told my wife to enjoy sleeping in bed with me tonight (Lou's sedated out of his mind and wont be moving for the next couple of hours so we're letting him sleep in bed with us tonight mostly because we don't have a crate and want to watch him) because tomorrow i'm buying an aero mattress so he can sleep with me without fear of having him jump or exacerbate the issue.

My biggest concern obviously is that this is chronic. We won't know until time dictates whether he's getting better or not.

I'm a mess, he's my best friend.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #683 on: March 06, 2019, 11:01:17 PM »
Came home from work to find my normally peppy little guy completely laboring. Immediately ran him to the e-vet.

They think he has intervertebral disc disease. I'm devastated. Lou is going to essentially need to be confined to a crate for a month, no running, jumping etc.

I told my wife to enjoy sleeping in bed with me tonight (Lou's sedated out of his mind and wont be moving for the next couple of hours so we're letting him sleep in bed with us tonight mostly because we don't have a crate and want to watch him) because tomorrow i'm buying an aero mattress so he can sleep with me without fear of having him jump or exacerbate the issue.

My biggest concern obviously is that this is chronic. We won't know until time dictates whether he's getting better or not.

I'm a mess, he's my best friend.

I’m really sorry to hear that MJ. What are the effects/symptoms? Hope he’s not in too much pain. What breed is he?

Hopefully he has a speedy recovery and everything works out for the best.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #684 on: March 07, 2019, 06:56:48 AM »
I’m really sorry to hear that MJ. What are the effects/symptoms? Hope he’s not in too much pain. What breed is he?

Hopefully he has a speedy recovery and everything works out for the best.

I really appreciate it Six, i feel like i've been floating in space. He's a yorkie-poo. It's odd, initially I thought it was his front paw because he was really laboring and not putting weight on it. Then we get to the emergency vet, his paws check out but when they tested his back he freaked out in a way I've never seen. Essentially, the discs which support his spinal column have begun to harden and dig into the nerves running his spinal column which is where the pain comes from.

The vet told us since he's mobile and there's no paralysis that we caught it in an early enough stage where rest may be able to alleviate the symptoms, reduce the pressure and repair the disc or discs. That means no running, jumping etc because while he's vulnerable, a bad jump or even overexertion can really compound the issue and possibly lead to paralysis.

I've reconciled myself to the fact he'll need to be in a crate for most of the month, my biggest concern is how to get him not to run when I let him out. I took off work today to go get the best/most padded one I can find, and I'm going to buy the aeromattress so if he wants to sleep with me im not worried about him jumping off.

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #685 on: March 07, 2019, 04:01:30 PM »
In 2015 our little “pocket pitbull” mutt was diagnosed with heartworm (evidently contracted from where he came from in Louisiana, and his original test from the rescue was a false-negative).

High energy little dude, but he also needed mostly crate rest for weeks during/after the pretty rough heartworm treatment . Never outside off leash, and no major playtime with his “big sister”, our other dog. It was tough, but we patiently made it through, mj2, and you’ll be able to do the same. Like you, i also consider him my best pal, and we need to bite the bullet and do what’s in our friend’s best interests.
It definitely sucks but it will be temporary, and dogs are so awesome, they just live in the moment and focus on the positives of their lives: a great affectionate owner, good food and treats, and a warm cozy place to rest. The hard part is for us owners! Good luck!

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #686 on: March 07, 2019, 09:39:54 PM »
In 2015 our little “pocket pitbull” mutt was diagnosed with heartworm (evidently contracted from where he came from in Louisiana, and his original test from the rescue was a false-negative).

High energy little dude, but he also needed mostly crate rest for weeks during/after the pretty rough heartworm treatment . Never outside off leash, and no major playtime with his “big sister”, our other dog. It was tough, but we patiently made it through, mj2, and you’ll be able to do the same. Like you, i also consider him my best pal, and we need to bite the bullet and do what’s in our friend’s best interests.
It definitely sucks but it will be temporary, and dogs are so awesome, they just live in the moment and focus on the positives of their lives: a great affectionate owner, good food and treats, and a warm cozy place to rest. The hard part is for us owners! Good luck!

Thank you bud. I've set up a little cove of entertainment for myself by his crate, so we're both in for a lot of movies and unfortunately for him he'll be watching my gaming for the month.

I'm getting the aeromattress tomorrow, my wife and I will probably go with me two days on and one day off.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #687 on: March 07, 2019, 10:44:24 PM »
Good man MJ. Nothing puts my dog to sleep faster than when I play video games. For the first few minutes he’ll climb on me and try and sit on the controller while it’s in my hands but after that he gives up and buries himself in the couch.

Hopefully after a little while of your new routine sweet Lou gets that he needs some R&R. I’m sure he’ll appreciate the extra attention

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #688 on: March 17, 2019, 01:59:19 PM »
How’s sweet Lou doing MJ?

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #689 on: March 17, 2019, 05:59:26 PM »
How’s sweet Lou doing MJ?

We went to the vet yesterday, they recommended we see the crate rest through for another three weeks. Poor guy hates it when he's alone. He's been really good about just laying in bed with my wife when shes home as a reprieve from the crate, so he gets that otherwise aside from a little sniffing time outdoors for the bathroom hes confined to that freaking thing. I've been on the aeromattress since last wednesday so he's not alone at night. I tried to memory foam his crate but he ripped it open so ive left the cover in with a towel as padding.

I'm just thankful there's no paralysis, the vet re-upped the pain meds and anti-inflammatories. He's way more mobile, but according to the vet he'll need to be restricted in his movement for the rest of his life to ensure this doesn't reoccur, so no jumping. I'm already trying to figure out a space for him when we're not home in the house and i've been looking up ramps for when we go to sleep and he wants to come into our bed.

Thanks for asking Six, I've been keeping myself pretty much in the living room when I'm home to make it easier on him, but it still sucks. I'm thrilled at his progress though, had he continued the way he was last wednesday we'd be investigating surgery and whatnot. I'd rather he didn't have to go under the knife.