Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 513888 times)

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
Annoyances
« Reply #4695 on: March 11, 2020, 07:36:00 PM »
Best Buy, you absolute scumbags.

My 65-inch tv starts flashing during the Fury v. Wilder fight. It's clear the issue has to be with the tv as I ordered through the espn-plus app downloaded ON THE TV. So no HDMI chord necessary, and clearly its not an issue on that end. Next day, I make an appointment with geek squad to come to the house and fix this thing as I have a two year protection plan. Appointment was made on a Sunday for the following Saturday.

The night before my appointment (two Friday's ago) I get a call from the third-party they've contracted to do this as I'm in an "extended network." Whatever, didn't know that when I purchased the plan but who cares. Guy explains that Best Buy always does this to him in terms of placing appointments without checking whether he has the part. Explains he can have the part delivered and in his possession by the middle of the week. Whatever. Agitated, sure but what's another week, it's not a big deal. We reschedule for the following Saturday (last Saturday).

Last week comes and goes with absolutely no word from either Best Buy or the third party I dealt with. I called the third-party on Thursday asking them to confirm, I get a voice-mail, I leave a message. Nothing. I call Best Buy's Geek Squad yet again in order to determine what is going on with this madness. I get referred to "Geek Squad Special Forces" (I'm not making this up) who then literally have the unmitigated balls to cop an attitude with me when I express my disappointment that rather than take my information down so they can contact me with an update that I have to then reach out again on Monday and go through the same rigamarole with an operator, explaining the situation and getting referred back to them.

Of course, because I just want this resolved, I call back Monday. Operator is actually very sympathetic, can't understand how this happened because third-party providers are supposed to give a reason directly to Best Buy why they're missing appointments scheduled by the company, or Best buy then moves to find someone else. Acknowledges according to his notes they haven't heard from the provider. Schedules "one more appointment on Thursday to see what's going on and if this can get resolved, otherwise we'll have to look for someone else."

How much do you want to bet I don't get the courtesy of a phone call or any information today or tomorrow and have to call Best Buy tomorrow afternoon? I don't know what else to do except box up the tv and just show up at a store screaming bullshit.
Next time get your TV from Costco. They’re pretty gangsta about returns

Edit: also Best Buy warranties are usually a waste of money. I used to work there

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #4696 on: March 12, 2020, 11:35:04 AM »
Practically all extra warranties are a waste of money. Much like insurance, the business relies on people not collecting their due. Is it any wonder they always make it hard to do so?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #4697 on: March 17, 2020, 04:48:21 PM »
People who work in any industry other than the armed forces or law enforcement referring to people outside their industry as "civilians".
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4698 on: March 18, 2020, 07:00:51 PM »
"We're here to help" emails from banks with this virus excrement

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4699 on: March 18, 2020, 07:01:05 PM »
People who work in any industry other than the armed forces or law enforcement referring to people outside their industry as "civilians".
That's a good one.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #4700 on: March 18, 2020, 07:18:33 PM »

From every company ever.  Thanks rushordertees, I can finally make sense of all this.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4701 on: March 18, 2020, 07:36:33 PM »
From every company ever.  Thanks rushordertees, I can finally make sense of all this.
"Thankfully the meme tshirt people got dis."

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #4702 on: March 18, 2020, 08:58:46 PM »
That's a good one.

Inspired by a friend of mine who is a lighting rigger sharing a meme from the movie industry set builders' union talking about how they needed to educate "civilians" as to their precarious position. I sympathise with you on this but referring to me as a civilian isn't helping your cause.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 09:02:10 PM by Johnny English »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #4703 on: March 18, 2020, 10:13:41 PM »
Civilian - noun - a person not in the armed services or the police force.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #4704 on: March 18, 2020, 10:14:08 PM »
Somebody get this guy a bag of tostitos as compensation
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #4705 on: March 19, 2020, 01:51:58 PM »

This
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #4706 on: March 25, 2020, 05:29:16 PM »
People who write "ya'll".

1. It's "y'all", the apostrophe denotes where the missing letters are in the concatenation

2. Accents are spoken, not written

3. You're not from the South and if you actually said it you'd sound like a freaking idiot, so why the freak do you think it's any more acceptable to write it?

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4707 on: March 25, 2020, 06:45:42 PM »
People who write "ya'll".

1. It's "y'all", the apostrophe denotes where the missing letters are in the concatenation

2. Accents are spoken, not written

3. You're not from the South and if you actually said it you'd sound like a freaking idiot, so why the freak do you think it's any more acceptable to write it?
Guilty, except I place the apostrophe correctly and I am from the South.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 06:48:22 PM by bojanglesman »

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #4708 on: March 25, 2020, 06:51:44 PM »
My bank:

"were here to help you, that's why we will defer your mortgage for up to 4 months, at which point you must pay all 4 months at once or we will repossess."

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4709 on: March 25, 2020, 07:19:39 PM »
My bank:

"were here to help you, that's why we will defer your mortgage for up to 4 months, at which point you must pay all 4 months at once or we will repossess."
Please call for help so you can wait on hold for 4 hours.