Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 514060 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #165 on: November 19, 2013, 09:47:26 AM »
Dos cervezas por favor, Pedro.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #166 on: November 19, 2013, 09:48:46 AM »
My coworker tried to practice his spanish with the guy making his sandwich at the deli. The guy flat out refused to answer his spanish, and would just respond in English. Pretty funny.
"Wrong!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #167 on: November 19, 2013, 09:54:00 AM »
That happens to me when I cross the water into Quebec. I always try to speak French, but they pretty quickly switch to English rather than listen to me try and blunder my way through a conversation in French. I think they appreciate the effort though.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #168 on: November 19, 2013, 09:57:49 AM »
That happens to me when I cross the water into Quebec. I always try to speak French, but they pretty quickly switch to English rather than listen to me try and blunder my way through a conversation in French. I think they appreciate the effort though.

If only you could hear what they mumble in French when you walk away.

You know that happens.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #169 on: November 19, 2013, 09:57:57 AM »
My coworker tried to practice his spanish with the guy making his sandwich at the deli. The guy flat out refused to answer his spanish, and would just respond in English. Pretty funny.

My wife and I went to a bodega in South Ozone Park to buy some beer for a BYOB party. When she asked the guy behind the counter how much the 6-pack was, he responded in Spanish, which she knows almost none of.

Deli guy: "Siete... siete yyyyyyyy cincuenta."

Wife: "...?"

Me: "Seven-fifty."

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #170 on: November 19, 2013, 10:01:36 AM »
My wife and I went to a bodega in South Ozone Park to buy some beer for a BYOB party. When she asked the guy behind the counter how much the 6-pack was, he responded in Spanish, which she knows almost none of.

Deli guy: "Siete... siete yyyyyyyy cincuenta."

Wife: "...?"

Me: "Seven-fifty."

Haha. I'm sure she gets that a lot.
"Wrong!"

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #171 on: November 19, 2013, 10:02:38 AM »
JFIF needs 40 napkins in case he's playing a video game and needs to wipe his tears.

Tennis is still gay.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #172 on: November 19, 2013, 10:03:01 AM »
It's a way of life down here. I get barked at in Spanish all the time.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #173 on: November 19, 2013, 10:03:07 AM »

What's funny is that I get the same thing with Japanese, which is why I don't bother using it here in the city anymore. I'm pretty fluent, and when I try and initiate with a Japanese person in Japanese at a bookstore, restaurant, etc, they just flat out refuse to speak to me in the language. I guess they came to this country to learn and improve their English, and not let some white guy try and impress his friends.
"Wrong!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #174 on: November 19, 2013, 10:03:34 AM »
Tennis is still gay.

Timely response.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #175 on: November 19, 2013, 10:07:31 AM »
What's funny is that I get the same thing with Japanese, which is why I don't bother using it here in the city anymore. I'm pretty fluent, and when I try and initiate with a Japanese person in Japanese at a bookstore, restaurant, etc, they just flat out refuse to speak to me in the language. I guess they came to this country to learn and improve their English, and not let some white guy try and impress his friends.

Also, Japanese isn't a real language. So there's that.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #176 on: November 19, 2013, 10:07:35 AM »

Trust me, we're not impressed.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #177 on: November 19, 2013, 10:17:12 AM »

I had a good buddy at the time, he was a red headed Irish kid from Brooklyn that was stationed in Tokyo during his time in the service. He was tatt'ed up the wazoo (Japanesse tats that aren't visable in a business shirt), he was a hot shot cold caller at a small chop shop we worked at back in 1997. The story goes he befriended a bunch of low level Yakuza dudes, they loved him, he was funny, could drink like a fish and was absolutely nuts. He said, they never let him within a million miles of anything nefarious other than drinking/carousing, I do not think he was lying his stories added up.

Anyhow during a lunch break in downtown Fort Lauderdale, (we had no idea at the time he knew Japanese or any of the above). This knockout Japanese girl was walking down the street. He said, "watch this", walked up to her and said something in Japanese. The broad turned beet red, it was awesome. She wrote down her # on his business card, they talked for a few moments and he came back laughing. He wound up dating her for a bit till he found something else.

I am sure you did well in Japan with the broads if you were fluent in Japanese.

I have no idea why I just typed that nonsense, I guess I am bored.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 10:19:22 AM by Miamipuck »

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #178 on: November 19, 2013, 10:40:11 AM »
I had a good buddy at the time, he was a red headed Irish kid from Brooklyn that was stationed in Tokyo during his time in the service. He was tatt'ed up the wazoo (Japanesse tats that aren't visable in a business shirt), he was a hot shot cold caller at a small chop shop we worked at back in 1997. The story goes he befriended a bunch of low level Yakuza dudes, they loved him, he was funny, could drink like a fish and was absolutely nuts. He said, they never let him within a million miles of anything nefarious other than drinking/carousing, I do not think he was lying his stories added up.

Anyhow during a lunch break in downtown Fort Lauderdale, (we had no idea at the time he knew Japanese or any of the above). This knockout Japanese girl was walking down the street. He said, "watch this", walked up to her and said something in Japanese. The broad turned beet red, it was awesome. She wrote down her # on his business card, they talked for a few moments and he came back laughing. He wound up dating her for a bit till he found something else.

I am sure you did well in Japan with the broads if you were fluent in Japanese.

I have no idea why I just typed that nonsense, I guess I am bored.

Haha, that's awesome.

Since the Japanese suck at speaking English, they consider anyone who's able to speak Japanese an outright genius. Women especially lap that excrement up. Japanese men on the other hand get insanely jealous, but who cares about them anyway.
"Wrong!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #179 on: November 19, 2013, 10:54:17 AM »
I would love to go to Japan, the idea of a place where I would be considered a normal height sounds like some kind of amazing heaven.