Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 514089 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #2055 on: January 18, 2015, 07:25:40 PM »
If he has that many staples, it could mean an uneven sub, which is bad.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Possibly, but that's what levels and levelling compound are for (unless you're suggesting he should tear it all up and check his joists, which depending on the age of the house might not be the worst idea in the world but is an awful lot more work).
A cross-dressing limey poofter

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2056 on: January 18, 2015, 07:27:04 PM »
I think he is making the right choice simply ripping them out. Tedious, but dosent involve potentially opening a bigger can of worms than he is ready for.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2057 on: January 18, 2015, 07:28:44 PM »
I think he is making the right choice simply ripping them out. Tedious, but dosent involve potentially opening a bigger can of worms than he is ready for.

Putting a new subfloor down doesn't open a bigger can of worms, it masks existing imperfections.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2058 on: January 19, 2015, 01:52:07 AM »
Max Scherzer
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2059 on: January 19, 2015, 05:12:30 AM »
RIP Bo's house.
Haha. 

It'll be fine.  It's just one room above the garage.  I'm putting down laminate, not real hardwood, so it should be easier.  Just trying out one room to get the hang of it before doing the rest of the house down the road.  I'm no handyman, but I can do this.  Almost done with the staples.  They put more on the steps which was the first part.  The floor isn't as bad.
When are you assholes getting here to help?  I'm not paying you minimum wage to play around on the internet.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 05:14:13 AM by bojanglesman »

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #2060 on: January 19, 2015, 05:52:50 AM »

Haha. 

It'll be fine.  It's just one room above the garage.  I'm putting down laminate, not real hardwood, so it should be easier.  Just trying out one room to get the hang of it before doing the rest of the house down the road.  I'm no handyman, but I can do this.  Almost done with the staples.  They put more on the steps which was the first part.  The floor isn't as bad.
When are you assholes getting here to help?  I'm not paying you minimum wage to play around on the internet.

My house had decades old carpet on two levels (split) with hardwood underneath. Taking about the staples was absolute hell.

I put a laminate floor down on a lower level that had an ugly tile, and the process isn't too bad once you get the hang of it. There will be some infuriating trial and error early on.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #2061 on: January 19, 2015, 09:31:27 AM »
Just drive down to your local Home Depot and pick up a few wetbacks for 5 bucks an hour like a real American

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2062 on: January 19, 2015, 09:51:52 AM »
Just drive down to your local Home Depot and pick up a few wetbacks for 5 bucks an hour like a real American

I think that's why I had 9 million staples in my subfloor.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2063 on: January 19, 2015, 02:44:44 PM »
People who intentionally say something they think is funny to another friend real loud just to try and get strangers around them to laugh. Little fat white kids and fat black women seem to be the biggest culprits.
"Wrong!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2064 on: January 19, 2015, 02:45:55 PM »
Little fat white kids and fat black women seem to be the biggest culprits.

hahahahahahahahaha

wat

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2065 on: January 19, 2015, 06:38:18 PM »
LOL

That's our Tommy.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #2066 on: January 19, 2015, 07:13:56 PM »

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2067 on: January 21, 2015, 07:02:20 PM »
Old people and phones. I'm still staying with my parents until I move into a new apt, so I have to deal with either of them yapping on the house phone all the time.

My father has been on the phone nonstop for the last 2 and a half hours. One person after another.
"Wrong!"

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2068 on: January 21, 2015, 07:05:25 PM »
Old people and phones. I'm still staying with my parents until I move into a new apt, so I have to deal with either of them yapping on the house phone all the time.

My father has been on the phone nonstop for the last 2 and a half hours. One person after another.

Going the opposite way here, but older people without phones.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2069 on: January 21, 2015, 07:05:26 PM »

Have you found a place yet?