Author Topic: 2022 JetOffensive Prospect Rankings  (Read 9456 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: 2022 JetOffensive Prospect Rankings
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2022, 09:52:43 PM »
4 and 10 last year were Kyle Pitts and Devonta Smith.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2022, 10:00:52 PM »
If we could not spend the 10th overall pick on the most Injury prone position in football, that would be great

Isn’t that RB?
Need a new one for a new board...

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2022, 10:18:55 PM »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2022, 08:55:20 PM »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2022, 09:29:34 AM »
TIL Jeremy Ruckert is from Long Island, he's in the top 5 now.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2022, 09:48:50 AM »
TIL Jeremy Ruckert is from Long Island, he's in the top 5 now.

Get him in the middle rounds.  Give him Wesco's spot. 

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2022, 12:58:16 PM »
I feel like the Treylon Burks/Deebo Samuel comp is a little lazy but I'm not convinced that our offensive coaching staff won't fall in love with his traits regardless. Seems like his versatility will really play into the type of playcalling we saw during the year even as a rookie, and his athletic traits give him such incredible upside if he can become a sharper route runner outside.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2022, 01:00:59 PM »
I feel like the Treylon Burks/Deebo Samuel comp is a little lazy but I'm not convinced that our offensive coaching staff won't fall in love with his traits regardless. Seems like his versatility will really play into the type of playcalling we saw during the year even as a rookie, and his athletic traits give him such incredible upside if he can become a sharper route runner outside.

Elijah Moore can do a lot of what Deebo does for SF.  Our staff gets an up close look at a similar player in Jahan Dotson at the Senior Bowl.

We need someone that can take the top off.  That’s why I prefer Williams to Burks and Wilson.

I’d be happy with any of the top five or six receivers though.  It’s a solid group.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2022, 03:47:28 PM »
Elijah Moore can do a lot of what Deebo does for SF.  Our staff gets an up close look at a similar player in Jahan Dotson at the Senior Bowl.

We need someone that can take the top off.  That’s why I prefer Williams to Burks and Wilson.

I’d be happy with any of the top five or six receivers though.  It’s a solid group.

Would you be happy with Williams at 4 or 10?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2022, 03:53:23 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted burks he can literally play any skill position on offense, and he would probably be successful in this offense.  I just think we need someone who can be a number 1 not another gadget player.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2022, 04:04:15 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted burks he can literally play any skill position on offense, and he would probably be successful in this offense.  I just think we need someone who can be a number 1 not another gadget player.

Do you not consider Deebo Samuel a #1 WR?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2022, 04:04:29 PM »
Would you be happy with Williams at 4 or 10?

Yes

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2022, 08:01:28 PM »

I'd love Williams, but I'm just not sure about how the team is going to feel about the ACL - and as I've been watching more and more film of the group you listed Burks is pulling into the 1A position for the pick I'd be most excited about.

Deebo Samuel had 1400 receiving yards this year, and I think Burks has just as much if not more upside as a 'traditional' wideout.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2022, 08:24:14 PM »
Do you not consider Deebo Samuel a #1 WR?
Of course he is.  I'm not saying burks cant be, but at the moment hes much more of a projection as a number 1 than williams, London, wilson, etc.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but the route tree burks runs is very pared back compared to most nfl offenses, especially ours which has multiple breaks for each route depending on mid route reads of the defense.

Tags: