Author Topic: New York Rangers 2013-14 Season Thread  (Read 37509 times)

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
New York Rangers 2013-14 Season Thread
« on: October 06, 2013, 11:08:04 PM »
So, how 'bout them Rangers?

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
Re: New York Rangers 2013-14 Season Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 08:46:16 AM »
They can't handle the puck, Lundqvist looks horrible, and they play at 1030 tonight, which pisses me off.  One game tells the whole story. 

Other than that, let's go Rangers.

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 09:07:26 PM »
Is Callahan back tonight?

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 11:47:36 PM »
LOL, craziest goal I have ever seen.  LA power play with a face off in Rangers zone.  Rangers clear, LA goalie deflects from the circle into the net. 

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 12:15:44 AM »
What a difference a half a week makes...

Correction, what a difference Captain Cally makes. Just being on the bench changes the makeup of this team.

Every phase of the game looked better. If they can go .500 on this road trek, they'll be okay.

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 01:05:32 PM »
What a difference a half a week makes...

Correction, what a difference Captain Cally makes. Just being on the bench changes the makeup of this team.

Every phase of the game looked better. If they can go .500 on this road trek, they'll be okay.

I watched the third period, and after watching the Jets defense, I was wonder if Ryan was coaching the Rangers.  The consistent pressure up by 2 goals was refreshing to see. 

I did DVR the game, and have been debating on watching it.  There is a game tonight, so I figured freak it.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 12:22:13 AM »
For your sake, I really hope you watched the game you had on DVR.

This was an outrageous goal:

A cross-dressing limey poofter

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 11:15:00 AM »
For your sake, I really hope you watched the game you had on DVR.

This was an outrageous goal:

Quite possibly the worst performance by any professional team I have ever seen. 

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 11:27:43 AM »
Honestly if a rookie did that in the old NHL, he would have a broken nose or wrist, maybe both. Personally, I would spend the rest of the game trying to destroy that guy. I have done so a couple of times when I thought an opponent was trying to show us up.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 11:34:24 AM »
That isn't a resounding argument in favour of the old school, to be honest. There's a difference between being outrageously talented and being a grandstanding douchebag; rather than blaming Hertl for getting himself on the week's highlight reels, it might be better to ask what the freak the Rangers were doing allowing him that much time and space to make Biron look stupid.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 11:55:07 AM »
That isn't a resounding argument in favour of the old school, to be honest. There's a difference between being outrageously talented and being a grandstanding douchebag; rather than blaming Hertl for getting himself on the week's highlight reels, it might be better to ask what the freak the Rangers were doing allowing him that much time and space to make Biron look stupid.

I didn't make an argument, it was a statement about the code in hockey.

Why do you think nobody puts the puck in the net after the whistle or some other douchy move? There are tons of players that can make the above move, they don't except for maybe a shootout, where it's fine. They don't because it's extremely douchy and because they would get their derriere handed to them.

I am more concerned why Hertl walked out of the arena then why he made the move. I think that shows less character from the Rangers then the fact he could pull off the move in the first place. It's a move 5-10 players or more on each team can and do make in practice. I can do it, yawn, I just never tried it in a game.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 12:00:37 PM »
I didn't make an argument, it was a statement about the code in hockey.

Why do you think nobody puts the puck in the net after the whistle or some other douchy move? There are tons of players that can make the above move, they don't except for maybe a shootout, where it's fine. They don't because it's extremely douchy and because they would get their derriere handed to them.

I am more concerned why Hertl walked out of the arena then why he made the move. I think that shows less character from the Rangers then the fact he could pull off the move in the first place. It's a move 5-10 players or more on each team can and do make in practice. I can do it, yawn, I just never tried it in a game.

It's now a penalty to put the puck in the net, I believe.  Without a doubt, a fight should have happened to reduce the embarrassment.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 12:05:34 PM »
It's now a penalty to put the puck in the net, I believe.  Without a doubt, a fight should have happened to reduce the embarrassment.

Well, after the ensuing melee it would fall under unsportsmanlike conduct.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013, 01:03:16 PM »
freak fancy schmancy moves....i rely on the slapshot.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 01:05:04 PM »
Hey Puck,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKO2SxbXHdw

EDIT: too bad they didn't have that song on the jukebox at that pub you and Guinness were fawning over.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tags: