Author Topic: New York Rangers 2013-14 Season Thread  (Read 37508 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: New York Rangers 2013-14 Season Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2014, 03:44:32 PM »
6 years at $5.5M per for Girardi. Seems a little expensive, but not completely outlandish.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2014, 01:28:29 PM »
OMG!  Kreider just missed a wide open net.  Unfrigging real. 

And.....

What the freak is up with the 10 minute game misconduct?  Stupid call on that play. 

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2014, 01:57:17 PM »
What is Lundqvist worth?

Talbot is out playing him on a much more consistent basis.

Nope.

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2014, 02:39:48 PM »
What is Lundqvist worth?

Talbot is out playing him on a much more consistent basis.
1. Cam Talbot is not ready to be an every day goalie. 2. Lundqvist is a better goalie than Cam Talbot  3. Not many teams are going to want to take on Lundqvist's contract. and finally 4. Lundqvist has a full no-trade clause.

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2014, 02:44:08 PM »
1. Cam Talbot is not ready to be an every day goalie. 2. Lundqvist is a better goalie than Cam Talbot  3. Not many teams are going to want to take on Lundqvist's contract. and finally 4. Lundqvist has a full no-trade clause.

Didn't know that about his contract, and that is probably why he is sucking balls.  No accountability.  Lundqvist is more experienced, but I don't think he is better, right now.  Either Talbot is playing above his head, or Lundqvist isn't playing to his level, but Talbot is outplaying him.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2014, 03:53:24 PM »
I have spent the last few minutes trying to get my head round the idea of a Rangers fan seriously wondering what Hank's value is, in part as a result of the play of Cam Talbot.

We are talking about the same Henrik Lundqvist here, right?

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2014, 04:08:17 PM »
I have spent the last few minutes trying to get my head round the idea of a Rangers fan seriously wondering what Hank's value is, in part as a result of the play of Cam Talbot.

We are talking about the same Henrik Lundqvist here, right?

Yes.

He has not played to form for the past 2 seasons.  I accounted his horrible start to the season last year to the strike, and this year to defense.  However, the defense is getting it done now, and he is giving games away.  Today, the Rangers come back from down 2-0 to tie the game up, and he gives the shooter a 5 hole you could drive a truck through.

Yeah, he makes some amazing saves, as do most goalies, but his consistency is way down.

Nope.

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2014, 05:56:43 PM »
Yes.

He has not played to form for the past 2 seasons.  I accounted his horrible start to the season last year to the strike, and this year to defense.  However, the defense is getting it done now, and he is giving games away.  Today, the Rangers come back from down 2-0 to tie the game up, and he gives the shooter a 5 hole you could drive a truck through.

Yeah, he makes some amazing saves, as do most goalies, but his consistency is way down.
Hank had just gotten his form back the last month before the olympics happened and the same thing is probably going to happen the last few times Hank was in the Olympics, he gets used to the bigger ice too much and he suffers for the first few weeks back.

The play you're talking about in the post above is not all on Hank, look at how Boyle and I think Staal both played off Simmons thinking he would pass it when he was wide open a good 6 feet from the net.  We're used to Hank making that save yes, but that's going in the net 90% of the time no matter who's in net.
But in terms of Talbot, I promise you if he took over the starters role he wouldn't be as dominate as he is as a backup.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2014, 06:00:25 PM »
He had a difficult start but since has been pretty good, by pretty good I mean a top five goalie. Lol at the idea of trading the team's best most marketable player by a long shot after just signing to a career contract.

The Rangers are not good enough to win anything without Hank, nothing. Even with him standing on his head the last five years the Rangers have won exactly freak all.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Nope.

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2014, 06:02:25 PM »
He had a difficult start but since has been pretty good, by pretty good I mean a top five goalie. Lol at the idea of trading the team's best most marketable player by a long shot after just signing to a career contract.

The Rangers are not good enough to win anything without Hank, nothing. Even with him standing on his head the last five years the Rangers have won exactly freak all.
I remember myself thinking through almost every playoffs when Torts was the coach that we'd never make it out of the first round without having Hank stand on his head.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2014, 06:05:16 PM »
I remember myself thinking through almost every playoffs when Torts was the coach that we'd never make it out of the first round without having Hank stand on his head.

My reply is below, the kindle screwed it up.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 06:12:23 PM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2014, 06:10:25 PM »

Agreed, I still take it a step further without Hank the Rangers are not a playoff team.

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2014, 09:43:21 AM »
Agreed, I still take it a step further without Hank the Rangers are not a playoff team.

Last night proved that.

McDonagh is an elite player in this league.

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2014, 07:28:55 PM »
The fore check from the rangers is the best I have seen from any in a long long time

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2014, 07:30:54 PM »
With the Sens taking a break this year, the Rangers are one of the teams I'm happy to see do well in the postseason this year on condition that you don't all become unbearable twats if they actually do go deep.

Tags: