Author Topic: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts  (Read 61915 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Assorted 2022 NFL Mock Drafts
« Reply #1095 on: April 10, 2022, 10:08:39 PM »

FTFY
I don't think there's much of a difference between Wilson, London, Williams, Burks and Olave. All of them have concerns for me in terms of taking them in the top 10.

Ideally, if you think they're all in a similar tier, you can move down a bit and get extra capital. But that's easier said than done, and there's risk involved. But I don't think any of these are can't-miss studs where if we move down and all of them get taken, that would suck, but we can adjust. WR isn't our only need, and there are guys I like on Day 2.

If there isn't a trade, then just take whoever you like best at 10. But I would be willing to roll the dice if there's a deal there.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1096 on: April 10, 2022, 10:21:19 PM »
I don’t think we can rule out Stingley Jr. at 10
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1097 on: April 10, 2022, 10:23:17 PM »
Williams helps the offense the most.  If he’s there at 10, he should be the pick.

His speed opens everything up.

Olave might be the best scheme fit but we’d have to trade back (or trade back in) to make sense of that pick.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1098 on: April 10, 2022, 10:26:48 PM »
I don’t think we can rule out Stingley Jr. at 10
I think he will likely be the BPA if he's there. We're not good enough to be passing up BPA. At the same time, the most important thing for the team is Wilson's development, and the 2nd-most thing should be helping the pass rush. Stingley does neither. Reed and Hall/Echols isn't a good CB group, but it's not a disaster, especially if you believe in either Hall or Echols.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1099 on: April 10, 2022, 10:56:26 PM »
I think he will likely be the BPA if he's there. We're not good enough to be passing up BPA. At the same time, the most important thing for the team is Wilson's development, and the 2nd-most thing should be helping the pass rush. Stingley does neither. Reed and Hall/Echols isn't a good CB group, but it's not a disaster, especially if you believe in either Hall or Echols.

A great corner helps the pass rush

I’m assuming we’ll take a defensive lineman with the 4th pick

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1100 on: April 11, 2022, 08:38:06 AM »
A great corner helps the pass rush

I’m assuming we’ll take a defensive lineman with the 4th pick

I only saw us as looking at an elite CB prospect, otherwise we run it back with what we have. To me the only one of those is Sauce. But Stingley has the highest ceiling of any CB prospect. I could see the Jets loving the guy but his injury history scares the hell out of me.
Need a new one for a new board...

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1101 on: April 13, 2022, 06:30:43 AM »
Kiper released his 2 round mock draft....He had the Jets trade back into the first round with Cinci....gave up pick 35 and another mid round pick.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2022/insider/story/_/id/33721368/nfl-mock-draft-2022-mel-kiper-new-predictions-top-64-picks-rounds-1-2-including-first-round-trade

4. Thibs
10. Drake London
31. The Baum
38: Breece Hall
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1102 on: April 13, 2022, 06:36:08 AM »
Kiper released his 2 round mock draft....He had the Jets trade back into the first round with Cinci....gave up pick 35 and another mid round pick.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2022/insider/story/_/id/33721368/nfl-mock-draft-2022-mel-kiper-new-predictions-top-64-picks-rounds-1-2-including-first-round-trade

4. Thibs
10. Drake London
31. The Baum
38: Breece Hall

I have been doing some reading on Linderbaum, and according to many out there, he seems to be so position specific (center only) and scheme specific that he may not have more than 3-4 teams that would rate him highly. If he is still on the board at 31, the only reason to go and get him is to secure that 5th year option, which to me doesn't seem to be a priority for a center as it is a very cost controlled position. I have also heard (namely from Daniel Jeremiah) that a lot of teams really like Cam Jurgens and he might actually leapfrog Linderbaum.

As for Breece Hall, I can't see us going RB that early unless we have acquired more capital somewhere else. That crop of Safeties that will go late 1 - early 2 is too good to not tap into IMO. My guy is Cine, but Brisker, Hill, Pitre will all go in that same area, and I would be happy with any of them.

For a non paying ESPN guy... I am curious where he had the LBs going. I assume Lloyd went first, Dean next, but who was LB 3? Harris? Quay Walker? and where did he have them going.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1103 on: April 13, 2022, 06:45:10 AM »
I have been doing some reading on Linderbaum, and according to many out there, he seems to be so position specific (center only) and scheme specific that he may not have more than 3-4 teams that would rate him highly. If he is still on the board at 31, the only reason to go and get him is to secure that 5th year option, which to me doesn't seem to be a priority for a center as it is a very cost controlled position. I have also heard (namely from Daniel Jeremiah) that a lot of teams really like Cam Jurgens and he might actually leapfrog Linderbaum.

As for Breece Hall, I can't see us going RB that early unless we have acquired more capital somewhere else. That crop of Safeties that will go late 1 - early 2 is too good to not tap into IMO. My guy is Cine, but Brisker, Hill, Pitre will all go in that same area, and I would be happy with any of them.

For a non paying ESPN guy... I am curious where he had the LBs going. I assume Lloyd went first, Dean next, but who was LB 3? Harris? Quay Walker? and where did he have them going.

18. Dean (Philly)
21. Lloyd (NWE)
41. Quay (Sea)
45. Tindall (Balt)

Harris undrafted at this point.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1104 on: April 13, 2022, 07:40:54 AM »
18. Dean (Philly)
21. Lloyd (NWE)
41. Quay (Sea)
45. Tindall (Balt)

Harris undrafted at this point.

See I would take Quay Walker over Breece Hall in a second. Same with any of those safeties I listed

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1105 on: April 13, 2022, 07:42:28 AM »
See I would take Quay Walker over Breece Hall in a second. Same with any of those safeties I listed

Well...if you grow your hair like Jimmy Neutron asap, maybe you can impersonate Kiper and redo his mock.

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1106 on: April 13, 2022, 08:36:11 AM »
Breece Hall would help Zach more than a safety who would borderline start so I’d be absolutely fine with that pick.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1107 on: April 13, 2022, 01:24:37 PM »
Did a mock draft with a trade.

Traded 35 and Mekhi Becton for 19 and 194 (treated Becton as a 2023 1st in the PFN simulator, though this basically values him as a mid-late 2nd...hoping we can get more, but whatever).

4. Ikem Ekwonu, OT, NC State
10. Jermaine Johnson, EDGE, FSU
19. Drake London, WR, USC
38. Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa
69. Jalen Pitre, S, Baylor
111. Channing Tindall, LB, Georgia
117. Jelani Woods, TE, Virginia
148. Tyquan Thornton, WR, Baylor
163. Akayleb Evans, CB, Missouri
194. Isaih Pacheco, RB, Rutgers

If we go with Ekwonu at 4, I think this is about the direction we should take. Build in the trenches at 4 and 10. Hopefully Johnson falls to 10 in this scenario. Then trade up and get your receiver.

Pacheco and Thornton add gamebreaking speed to this offense, while London gives us a good compliment to Moore. Jelani Woods can be a developmental TE to replace Conklin or Uzomah in a couple years.

Our offensive line becomes one of the best in the NFL probably as soon as 2023.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1108 on: April 13, 2022, 03:14:23 PM »
Did a mock draft with a trade.

Traded 35 and Mekhi Becton for 19 and 194 (treated Becton as a 2023 1st in the PFN simulator, though this basically values him as a mid-late 2nd...hoping we can get more, but whatever).

4. Ikem Ekwonu, OT, NC State
10. Jermaine Johnson, EDGE, FSU
19. Drake London, WR, USC
38. Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa
69. Jalen Pitre, S, Baylor
111. Channing Tindall, LB, Georgia
117. Jelani Woods, TE, Virginia
148. Tyquan Thornton, WR, Baylor
163. Akayleb Evans, CB, Missouri
194. Isaih Pacheco, RB, Rutgers

If we go with Ekwonu at 4, I think this is about the direction we should take. Build in the trenches at 4 and 10. Hopefully Johnson falls to 10 in this scenario. Then trade up and get your receiver.

Pacheco and Thornton add gamebreaking speed to this offense, while London gives us a good compliment to Moore. Jelani Woods can be a developmental TE to replace Conklin or Uzomah in a couple years.

Our offensive line becomes one of the best in the NFL probably as soon as 2023.

Why go with an OL at 4?  What's your plan with him?  Assuming injuries?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1109 on: April 13, 2022, 03:31:29 PM »
Why go with an OL at 4?  What's your plan with him?  Assuming injuries?

He traded Mekhi Becton in that scenario

Tags: