Author Topic: Robert Saleh: Leader of Meh  (Read 58819 times)

Andrew Ryan and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Robert Saleh: Leader of Men
« Reply #555 on: November 06, 2022, 09:05:28 PM »
I don't see how Daboll isn't the runaway favourite.
The problem is you need to project it forward. Nobody thinks the Giants are that good, while the Eagles have a realistic shot at 15+ wins. If the Giants go 6-3 in the 2nd half after going 5-2 in the 1st half, Daboll should have a stronger case, but people don't think that will happen.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #556 on: November 06, 2022, 09:09:33 PM »
Saleh should get it just on the fact the Jets are underdogs on a weekly basis....and winning
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #557 on: November 06, 2022, 09:11:15 PM »
Saleh should get it just on the fact the Jets are underdogs on a weekly basis....and winning

So are the Giants and Seahawks. Three great coaching jobs.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #558 on: November 06, 2022, 09:14:54 PM »
So are the Giants and Seahawks. Three great coaching jobs.
The Giants don't impress me....but Geno winning games is certainly worth considering
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #559 on: November 28, 2022, 10:20:48 AM »
No consecutive losses so far this year - would be a notable accomplishment if they can do that for the full season. I'm not sure when/if the Jets have ever done that before. I'm combing through the season index and going back to 1998 I can't find an instance of it.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #560 on: November 28, 2022, 10:21:46 AM »
No consecutive losses so far this year - would be a notable accomplishment if they can do that for the full season. I'm not sure when/if the Jets have ever done that before. I'm combing through the season index and going back to 1998 I can't find an instance of it.

Thank you Cleveland.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #561 on: November 28, 2022, 10:24:05 AM »

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #562 on: November 30, 2022, 10:04:30 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3txjmyA6XZM

Saleh mic'd up during Bears game.

Main takeaway -Saleh's favorite word is "dawg"

On a side note - I noticed we're playing some loud boat horn after scoring a TD. Sounds similar to the horn New England plays during home games.  Is that new for us?  I don't remember that during the Miami game...or I was too wasted to remember
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 10:06:37 AM by loyaljetsfan »

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #563 on: November 30, 2022, 01:15:31 PM »
Perhaps the best thing about this season is that I'm extremely confident in Saleh being very good.

He always seemed like a great leader and communicator and face of the franchise. The communication seemed dicey early in the year, and I was worried with how he was handling media. Last year, I didn't love his in-game management either. But all of those seem to have improved dramatically.

We've dealt with a bunch of injuries. We've had two receivers ask for trades. Maybe that's a mild knock on Saleh, but I think he handled both very well, and the Moore stuff looks like it could be a thing of the past.

He handled the Zach Wilson drama well, too.

Ulbrich and LaFleur also had questions entering this season. Nobody is complaining about Ulbrich anymore. I like LaFleur, too, though I don't want to start that argument here.

Can't remember the last time I was this confident in a coach. Probably 2009-10 Rex, but I feel we all knew that Rex would run his course at some point. Saleh could be here 10-15 years and I wouldn't be that surprised.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #564 on: November 30, 2022, 01:28:25 PM »
Perhaps the best thing about this season is that I'm extremely confident in Saleh being very good.

He always seemed like a great leader and communicator and face of the franchise. The communication seemed dicey early in the year, and I was worried with how he was handling media. Last year, I didn't love his in-game management either. But all of those seem to have improved dramatically.

We've dealt with a bunch of injuries. We've had two receivers ask for trades. Maybe that's a mild knock on Saleh, but I think he handled both very well, and the Moore stuff looks like it could be a thing of the past.

He handled the Zach Wilson drama well, too.

Ulbrich and LaFleur also had questions entering this season. Nobody is complaining about Ulbrich anymore. I like LaFleur, too, though I don't want to start that argument here.

Can't remember the last time I was this confident in a coach. Probably 2009-10 Rex, but I feel we all knew that Rex would run his course at some point. Saleh could be here 10-15 years and I wouldn't be that surprised.

What changes my outlook besides him doing an exemplary job,  is him buying in at least partially to advanced analytics. I agree with your assessment.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #565 on: November 30, 2022, 02:25:44 PM »
What changes my outlook besides him doing an exemplary job,  is him buying in at least partially to advanced analytics. I agree with your assessment.
I was concerned about him being a typical conservative defensive guy last year. He still isn't perfect, but he's a LOT better and good enough.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #566 on: November 30, 2022, 10:04:53 PM »
homie's got the goods

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #567 on: December 01, 2022, 12:40:30 PM »
I was concerned about him being a typical conservative defensive guy last year. He still isn't perfect, but he's a LOT better and good enough.

Basically yes
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #568 on: December 06, 2022, 02:53:14 PM »
I think there might be a good joke in here somewhere, but he didn't quite find it. 7/10 for delivery, 3/10 for writing.

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1597085133336907777
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #569 on: December 06, 2022, 03:21:18 PM »
I think there might be a good joke in here somewhere, but he didn't quite find it. 7/10 for delivery, 3/10 for writing.

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1597085133336907777

I'll also be that guy and point out that Saleh is the 4th Arab HC in the NFL:

Ed Khayat (Philadelphia Eagles 1971–72)
Abe Gibron (Chicago Bears 1972–1974)
Rich Kotite (Philadelphia Eagles 1991–94)

All boasting Lebanese descent.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Tags: