Author Topic: The end of XPs?  (Read 10689 times)

Matt4776

• Eric Smith

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: The end of XPs?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 11:41:57 AM »
What a misleading url - he just said they'd be considering a change.

I'm ambivalent about it. The idea of automatically getting 7 but having the option to go for 2 (and only getting 6 if you fail) doesn't sound too bad.

Mike Greenberg suggested this morning moving the LOS on the XP to the 1 yard line, which would make 2 pt attempts more common. That would be very interesting strategically.

Matt4776

• Eric Smith
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 11:46:50 AM »
That's ESPN in a nutshell.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 12:24:37 PM »
I'd actually rather see every TD followed by a two-point attempt every time. You either end your TD drive with 6 or 8. No more 7s.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 01:08:24 PM »
I'd actually rather see every TD followed by a two-point attempt every time. You either end your TD drive with 6 or 8. No more 7s.

I feel like that would be too much of a big fundamental change.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 01:34:19 PM »
I think it's stupid to remove them. Do you think people are confused about rules now? Wait till this happens.

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 01:47:43 PM »
I'm cool with skipping it and having the 2 point option. Don't change anything else.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 01:57:33 PM »
While we're at it, let's have a 3 pt option from the 10 yd line, but if you aren't successful, you lose 6 pts.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 02:06:22 PM »
Other options: 

-Convert overtime into a series of 60 yd FGs.  Whichever kicker hits one first wins. After 10 misses, it's a tie.
-2 point conversions are the same as an extra point, except the other team gets to pick which player on your team kicks it. "Ducasse is on to try the 2 pt. conversion"
-Adjustable width goal posts:  2 pt conversion the same as a FG except the goal posts are now only 4 ft apart.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 02:13:53 PM »
While we're at it, let's have a 3 pt option from the 10 yd line, but if you aren't successful, you lose 6 pts.

Why not have a flaming moat across the 50 yard line where the offensive players have to jump over it. The defensive players can knock them into it and cause them to burn to death but so the freak what.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 02:17:09 PM »
Why not have a flaming moat across the 50 yard line where the offensive players have to jump over it. The defensive players can knock them into it and cause them to burn to death but so the freak what.

After they jump the moat they have to chug a beer.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 02:24:39 PM »
After they jump the moat they have to chug a beer.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 02:52:08 PM »
I feel like that would be too much of a big fundamental change.

I don't care. I've always disliked PATs. They have always seemed like such a waste of time. I always assume 7 points are scored on a TD. I don't even remember the last time I saw a missed kick on the point after.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 06:12:07 PM »
When you think about it, XPs really are a big waste of time.
"Wrong!"

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 07:17:47 PM »
I feel like Roger Goodell is just hellbent to change anything about football they'll let him change.

Let's go to 18 games!  Let's put a team on another continent!  Let's add another playoff game!  Move kickoffs!  Add penalties!  Review every touchdown!  End PAT's!  CHANGE EVERYTHING THIS GAME IS TERRIBLE