Author Topic: The end of XPs?  (Read 10690 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: The end of XPs?
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2014, 12:36:35 PM »
By the time all of those things happen I'll be old and grumpy and I'll definitely like football less.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2014, 01:19:01 PM »
By the time all of those things happen I'll be old and grumpy and I'll definitely like football less.

But your kids will be like "Dad! Come watch the Super Bowl Third Quartertime show with us!"
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2014, 01:38:32 PM »
I feel like I saw a source a while back that suggested that the NFL was looking into narrowing the field goal posts - an attempt to make the kicking percentages go back in the direction that they used to be 10, 20 years ago. I feel like that might be a better compromise. Although I'm not too attached to extra point attempts, if it comes down to it.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2014, 01:42:15 PM »
Another idea......FGs now count for 6 pts, but goal posts move randomly back and forth during the kick.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2014, 01:46:12 PM »
How about instead of kicking PATs both teams choose one player to go against each other. The offensive player has to try to "slam dunk" the football over the goal post while the defender tries to block it. Either we see an epic stuff or the defender gets "posterized" every extra point attempt.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2014, 08:41:13 PM »

Dad?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2014, 02:59:56 AM »
I agree with Alio. While I don't agree with everything Goodell has done, he's being a great executive. In this era of globalization the NFL absolutely should be looking into overseas markets. A team in London may sound like a dumb idea, but can you imagine how much attention it would attract? A 1pm Sunday game in London can be watched at 8pm in Asia. It's not just about the games either, as there's merchandise, TV rights, etc.
"Wrong!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2014, 03:18:54 AM »
I agree with Alio. While I don't agree with everything Goodell has done, he's being a great executive. In this era of globalization the NFL absolutely should be looking into overseas markets. A team in London may sound like a dumb idea, but can you imagine how much attention it would attract? A 1pm Sunday game in London can be watched at 8pm in Asia. It's not just about the games either, as there's merchandise, TV rights, etc.

Nobody gives a excrement about Asia except for you. 

People don't want to wake up at 5AM or 8AM on a Sunday to watch football.  That's a hassle. 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 03:20:25 AM by Heismanberg »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2014, 03:21:32 AM »

Haha. I'm just saying that you have millions and millions of potential consumers who have yet to be exposed to an NFL game. Tons of people out in Asia are fans of European soccer but they hardly play any soccer themselves. If it's on TV and popular, they'll watch it. I imagine that if London were to get a team then it suddenly would give Asia at least one game a week to watch. It's something.
"Wrong!"

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2014, 03:23:23 AM »

People don't want to wake up at 5AM or 8AM on a Sunday to watch football.  That's a hassle. 

People already wake up at 8am to tailgate for early games. You're telling me you wouldn't wake up at 8am to watch the Jets if they were playing an away game in London? excrement, you could watch the Jets game and have the rest of the day for all other football games.
"Wrong!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2014, 03:37:10 AM »
People already wake up at 8am to tailgate for early games. You're telling me you wouldn't wake up at 8am to watch the Jets if they were playing an away game in London? excrement, you could watch the Jets game and have the rest of the day for all other football games.

I would, but a lot of casual fans may lose interest in early AM games.  The west coast fans would be pissed. 

You'd basically have to give up late Saturday nights if your team played at London. 

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2014, 03:37:43 AM »
Haha. I'm just saying that you have millions and millions of potential consumers who have yet to be exposed to an NFL game. Tons of people out in Asia are fans of European soccer but they hardly play any soccer themselves. If it's on TV and popular, they'll watch it. I imagine that if London were to get a team then it suddenly would give Asia at least one game a week to watch. It's something.

freak Asia

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2014, 05:24:39 AM »
I'm fine with XPs being removed, but the TD = 7 unless you miss the 2 point try is stupid.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2014, 05:50:08 AM »
I'm fine with XPs being removed, but the TD = 7 unless you miss the 2 point try is stupid.
How else would you do it?

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2014, 05:52:02 AM »
How else would you do it?

the 2 point is 1 point with no penalty if missed, is what he's suggesting.