Author Topic: Jets new HC search  (Read 76468 times)

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
Re: Jets new HC search
« Reply #360 on: October 29, 2020, 02:47:03 PM »
Not sure i agree with this
Flores and Vrabel aren't 12 year olds, and the sample size of the post mcvays is too small.  Remember we all thought Bowles was christ after season 1

The sample size is gonna be small for all of them. Point being it's commonplace now, and a lot of those guys are succeeding off the bat so it's really not such a bad idea.

Nagy stinks (definitely)

Yeah that one is a bigger question mark but the Bears are still doing decently not completely in spite of the offense. Not great but not awful.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #361 on: October 29, 2020, 02:47:48 PM »
Yeah that one is a bigger question mark but the Bears are still doing decently not completely in spite of the offense. Not great but not awful.

Nick Foles shitting on his play-calling with the Monday Night Football guys was pretty funny
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #362 on: October 29, 2020, 02:54:38 PM »
I’ll never forget the Jets-Bears game from a couple years ago where the bears offense was gashing us despite Trubisky throwing every other ball into the dirt or out of bounds

aka the Deontay Burnett game
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #363 on: October 29, 2020, 02:55:47 PM »
I’ll never forget the Jets-Bears game from a couple years ago where the bears offense was gashing us despite Trubisky throwing every other ball into the dirt or out of bounds

aka the Deontay Burnett game

a Todd Bowles special
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #364 on: November 05, 2020, 01:34:51 PM »
https://twitter.com/jpafootball/status/1324407286513762305?s=21

There is a growing sense among NFL front offices that former NFL HC Jim Harbaugh would be open to leaving his job at Michigan to return back to the NFL level, per Pete Thamel.

Sign this crazy lover of the older lady

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #365 on: November 05, 2020, 01:43:30 PM »
No

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #366 on: November 05, 2020, 01:48:15 PM »
Why? It'll be such a change of pace after Gase

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #367 on: November 05, 2020, 01:49:56 PM »
He's a much better coach than Adam Gase, but that doesn't mean we should hire him.  Christopher Johnson will be all over that though. 

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #368 on: November 05, 2020, 01:57:28 PM »
I'd take Joe Gibbs' corpse over Gase right now.

Bring on Crazy Jim
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #369 on: November 05, 2020, 02:02:33 PM »
I can see a lot of reasons why Jim and the Jets would appeal to each other, and a lot of reasons why it would be a good idea. I think I've got Day as my #1 choice right now, but Harbaugh would probably be #2. He ticks all my boxes, and I'm not convinced that anyone would have turned Wilton Speight or Shea Patterson into Championship contenders.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #370 on: November 05, 2020, 02:10:35 PM »
Joe Brady should be the #1 choice, but the Johnsons probably aren't ballsy enough to do it

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #371 on: November 05, 2020, 02:11:09 PM »
I can see a lot of reasons why Jim and the Jets would appeal to each other, and a lot of reasons why it would be a good idea. I think I've got Day as my #1 choice right now, but Harbaugh would probably be #2. He ticks all my boxes, and I'm not convinced that anyone would have turned Wilton Speight or Shea Patterson into Championship contenders.

Coaches like Lincoln Riley and Ryan Day won't leave their cushy college HC jobs. 

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #372 on: November 05, 2020, 02:12:04 PM »
Joe Brady should be the #1 choice, but the Johnsons probably aren't ballsy enough to do it

After we fucked over Rhule, i could see him telling Brady to avoid us like the plague.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #373 on: November 05, 2020, 02:19:09 PM »
After we fucked over Rhule, i could see him telling Brady to avoid us like the plague.

Also possible, but if we're the only team offering he might take it. Even with multiple offers, if we have the #1 pick + cap space it's still an attractive option to coach up Lawrence and build up his own team most likely.

Plus since he's never been an HC, he'd probably be more amenable to bringing in someone with experience if requested anyway.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #374 on: November 05, 2020, 02:26:45 PM »
Also possible, but if we're the only team offering he might take it. Even with multiple offers, if we have the #1 pick + cap space it's still an attractive option to coach up Lawrence and build up his own team most likely.

Plus since he's never been an HC, he'd probably be more amenable to bringing in someone with experience if requested anyway.

I hope so.  Brady is at the top of wishlist.

Tags: