Author Topic: Jets new HC search  (Read 76468 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Jets new HC search
« Reply #345 on: October 27, 2020, 01:13:09 PM »
You just described Brian Billick

Sure, except he hasn't coached for over a decade. I also described Bill Parcells and Vince Lombardi, but I don't think either of them are viable candidates either.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #346 on: October 27, 2020, 01:16:24 PM »
I also described Bill Parcells and Vince Lombardi, but I don't think either of them are viable candidates either.
SBTG

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #347 on: October 27, 2020, 01:20:41 PM »
Sure, except he hasn't coached for over a decade. I also described Bill Parcells and Vince Lombardi, but I don't think either of them are viable candidates either.

Some of you boners want #oldheads to coach this team.....nothing is off the table.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #348 on: October 29, 2020, 02:08:34 AM »
Because this organization hasn't had stability since Parcells. 

I don't want to reach on a coach who is 12 years old and has 1 year of oc experience in the NFL even if it has been good.
This team needs leadership and consistency.

If this is what you're looking for, hope like hell the Vikings fire Zimmer even though I really don't think it'll happen unless they actually come in at under 3 wins. Ownership there loves him.

He's a defensive minded coach, and granted he doesn't have anywhere near the pedigree of Tuna, but I'll take a Parcells disciple who has that no bullshit DNA in him and has won in the league.

Especially if he's bringing his offensive coordinator with him.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #349 on: October 29, 2020, 03:39:46 AM »
Because this organization hasn't had stability since Parcells. 

I don't want to reach on a coach who is 12 years old and has 1 year of oc experience in the NFL even if it has been good.
This team needs leadership and consistency.

Hiring the 12 year olds has been a relatively successful move recently: McVay, LaFleur, Vrabel, Flores (maybe), Nagy (maybe) all seem to be good hires with minimal coordinator experience (McVay actually has the most of those with 3 years as OC). Zac Taylor is probably garbo but he got hired too early. Flores wasn't even a coordinator, technically, in the one year he called defensive plays. Judge and Stefanski the jury is out on, but Stefanski seems to be doing decently in Cleveland so far.

Meanwhile the "leadership and consistency" hire would have been either McCarthy - hard to argue Rhule was a steady presence before coming to the NFL although you could include him as an option. I say we get with the times and hire a 12 year old.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #350 on: October 29, 2020, 05:12:38 AM »
Hiring the 12 year olds has been a relatively successful move recently: McVay, LaFleur, Vrabel, Flores (maybe), Nagy (maybe) all seem to be good hires with minimal coordinator experience (McVay actually has the most of those with 3 years as OC). Zac Taylor is probably garbo but he got hired too early. Flores wasn't even a coordinator, technically, in the one year he called defensive plays. Judge and Stefanski the jury is out on, but Stefanski seems to be doing decently in Cleveland so far.

Meanwhile the "leadership and consistency" hire would have been either McCarthy - hard to argue Rhule was a steady presence before coming to the NFL although you could include him as an option. I say we get with the times and hire a 12 year old.

Joe Brady it is
Need a new one for a new board...

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #351 on: October 29, 2020, 07:14:30 AM »
If this is what you're looking for, hope like hell the Vikings fire Zimmer even though I really don't think it'll happen unless they actually come in at under 3 wins. Ownership there loves him.

He's a defensive minded coach, and granted he doesn't have anywhere near the pedigree of Tuna, but I'll take a Parcells disciple who has that no bullshit DNA in him and has won in the league.

Especially if he's bringing his offensive coordinator with him.
I actually said a few weeks ago I'd love to sign him as a DC especially if we go with an inexperienced coach

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #352 on: October 29, 2020, 07:35:42 AM »

this
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #353 on: October 29, 2020, 07:58:51 AM »
Nagy stinks (definitely)
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #354 on: October 29, 2020, 08:12:45 AM »
12 year old coach SZN
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #355 on: October 29, 2020, 08:23:05 AM »
12 year old coach SZN

I asked the scorekeeper to change the possession arrow during my first season coaching basketball (he didn't) and then he just kept yelling "who's son are you?!" at me.

I went full court press and ran up the score against that hick team.  Did the same thing again the next season. 

This story is relevant to the quoted post because I, in fact, looked like a 12 year at the time.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 08:26:21 AM by Heismanberg »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #356 on: October 29, 2020, 08:29:16 AM »
I went full court press

It sounds strange hearing that term used in its proper context.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #357 on: October 29, 2020, 09:48:46 AM »

Not sure i agree with this
Flores and Vrabel aren't 12 year olds, and the sample size of the post mcvays is too small.  Remember we all thought Bowles was christ after season 1

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #358 on: October 29, 2020, 09:53:17 AM »
Not sure i agree with this
Flores and Vrabel aren't 12 year olds, and the sample size of the post mcvays is too small.  Remember we all thought Bowles was christ after season 1

Brian Flores is younger than Kyle Shanahan and Kliff Kingsbury

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #359 on: October 29, 2020, 10:05:07 AM »
I asked the scorekeeper to change the possession arrow during my first season coaching basketball (he didn't) and then he just kept yelling "who's son are you?!" at me.

I went full court press and ran up the score against that hick team.  Did the same thing again the next season. 

This story is relevant to the quoted post because I, in fact, looked like a 12 year at the time.

That's awesome.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Tags: