Author Topic: Jets new HC search  (Read 76468 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Jets new HC search
« Reply #285 on: October 19, 2020, 03:44:31 PM »
Every time I see BOB I just keep thinking that we”re about to hire a flat Earther.
Every time I see BOB

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #286 on: October 19, 2020, 03:58:54 PM »
LOL
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #287 on: October 19, 2020, 06:46:03 PM »
I can’t claim to know what to do. I just seriously hope Douglas is seriously involved in the hiring process and that leadership and management skills are very important in that process.

If you want a shoot for the moon candidate, Joe Brady is the guy. It’s probably a year too early for him to be elevated to a HC. You have to be willing to accept the growing pains, but the offense is exciting and it would be very attractive to a lot of guys in the long term. But you definitely will have growing pains as a HC.

The pie in the sky candidates that I don’t think would leave college are Harbaugh and Riley.

Bienemy is the flavor of the month due to Mahomes success. But man is being Andy Reid’s guy enough to get him a job? I have no clue how good he is as a coach.

Arthur Smith is an excellent candidate. But if he doesn’t have an elite RB how successful is that system going to be? I think he’s a better candidate than Bienemy and is probably my top choice if we don’t get Lawrence.

Gun to head? Gun to head: Arthur Smith is our HC in 5 months. Guy that I’d be most excited about the potential though is unquestionably Joe Brady.

Dark horse candidate who we know is a hell of a leader and a damn good coach at his side of the ball: Robert Saleh out in San Francisco
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 06:47:49 PM by Libero_2 »
Need a new one for a new board...

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #288 on: October 19, 2020, 07:09:21 PM »
I can’t claim to know what to do. I just seriously hope Douglas is seriously involved in the hiring process and that leadership and management skills are very important in that process.

If you want a shoot for the moon candidate, Joe Brady is the guy. It’s probably a year too early for him to be elevated to a HC. You have to be willing to accept the growing pains, but the offense is exciting and it would be very attractive to a lot of guys in the long term. But you definitely will have growing pains as a HC.

The pie in the sky candidates that I don’t think would leave college are Harbaugh and Riley.

Bienemy is the flavor of the month due to Mahomes success. But man is being Andy Reid’s guy enough to get him a job? I have no clue how good he is as a coach.

Arthur Smith is an excellent candidate. But if he doesn’t have an elite RB how successful is that system going to be? I think he’s a better candidate than Bienemy and is probably my top choice if we don’t get Lawrence.

Gun to head? Gun to head: Arthur Smith is our HC in 5 months. Guy that I’d be most excited about the potential though is unquestionably Joe Brady.

Dark horse candidate who we know is a hell of a leader and a damn good coach at his side of the ball: Robert Saleh out in San Francisco

Why is that?

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #289 on: October 19, 2020, 08:31:42 PM »
Why is that?

presumably for the potential to de-gase darnold

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #290 on: October 19, 2020, 08:35:32 PM »
Quite frankly, I don't know which coaches are going to be the best hires or not.
- Lincoln Riley has a great system and has put QBs in the pros. I don't hold Rattler against him too much - he would be working with either Darnold or Lawrence. Does he translate to the NFL? No clue.

- Arthur Smith, Kellen Moore and Joe Brady seem like great offensive minds. Does that translate to HC? No clue.

- Jim Harbaugh had success in San Francisco, but that Super Bowl appearance was a while ago, and he's a weird dude.

- Eric Bienemy works under Andy Reid, which is usually a good coaching tree, and he helped develop Mahomes. But how much did he really do, and does he translate to being an HC? No clue.

- Matt Campbell has been successful in college and seems to be NFL-ready. No clue what he'd be as an HC though.

- Brian Daboll has coached under Belichick and Saban and is doing a good job in Buffalo. Does he translate to an HC? Who knows.

That doesn't even get into some of the defensive guys or Dave Toub.

There are guys I prefer over others, but I have no clue who translates to being an NFL HC and who doesn't. And neither do you. But I'll still debate about it for 3 months.
#ToubGod

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #291 on: October 19, 2020, 09:33:17 PM »
presumably for the potential to de-gase darnold

That would be it
Need a new one for a new board...

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #292 on: October 20, 2020, 12:54:02 PM »
NFL Network's Jane Slater reports Cowboys players have begun forcefully criticizing the coaching staff after originally agreeing to "keep things internal."
“Totally unprepared," were the words of one player. "They don’t teach. They don’t have any sense of adjusting on the fly.” Another added “they just aren’t good at their jobs." Other than that, we hope things are going well. New coach Mike McCarthy sold an offseason narrative of coming into the 21st century and learning analytics, but none of the analytics in the world can make up for having Mike Nolan as your defensive coordinator. The Cowboys have allowed an astonishing 218 points through their first six games, which is tied for the fourth most in NFL history. Dak Prescott's season-ending ankle injury gives McCarthy an alibi, but this could turn into a one-and-done situation. It wouldn't be the first time with a retread. Of course, all of this ignores that the 2-4 Cowboys still sit atop the horrid NFC East. 

SOURCE: Jane Slater on Twitter

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #293 on: October 20, 2020, 12:55:07 PM »
SBTG
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #294 on: October 20, 2020, 12:58:00 PM »
It seems like hiring a head coach who just got fired from their last head coaching job hasn't been the greatest move when that guy isn't named Andy Reid and you don't have an infinite amount of patience.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #295 on: October 20, 2020, 01:31:02 PM »
McCarthy will be fine....I was told you can't fire a HC in his first year with the team (unless your name is Steve Wilks, to which i was told he doesn't count).
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #296 on: October 20, 2020, 01:34:28 PM »
McCarthy will be fine....I was told you can't fire a HC in his first year with the team (unless your name is Steve Wilks, to which i was told he doesn't count).

Or any of these other guys:

Chip Kelly, 49ers, 2016, 2-14
Jim Tomsula, 49ers, 2015, 5-11
Mike Mularkey, Jaguars, 2012, 2-14
Hue Jackson, Raiders, 2011, 8-8
Jim Mora, Seahawks, 2009, 4-12
Cam Cameron, Dolphins, 2007, 1-15
Art Shell, Raiders, 2006, 2-14
Marty Shottenheimer, Redskins, 2001, 8-8
Al Groh, Jets, 2000, 9-7
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #297 on: October 20, 2020, 01:34:40 PM »

On the plus side, at least us hiring Gase instead of McCarthy means I didn't turn out to be proven hideously wrong.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #298 on: October 20, 2020, 02:07:44 PM »
Or any of these other guys:

Chip Kelly, 49ers, 2016, 2-14
Jim Tomsula, 49ers, 2015, 5-11
Mike Mularkey, Jaguars, 2012, 2-14
Hue Jackson, Raiders, 2011, 8-8
Jim Mora, Seahawks, 2009, 4-12
Cam Cameron, Dolphins, 2007, 1-15
Art Shell, Raiders, 2006, 2-14
Marty Shottenheimer, Redskins, 2001, 8-8
Al Groh, Jets, 2000, 9-7

Groh wasn't fired, he left to go to Virginia. Four coaches in a row fired the Jets--Parcells, Bellichick, Groh and Herm.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #299 on: October 20, 2020, 02:09:25 PM »
Groh wasn't fired, he left to go to Virginia. Four coaches in a row fired the Jets--Parcells, Bellichick, Groh and Herm.
At least with Herm it was kinda mutual by the end.

Tags: