Author Topic: Jets new HC search  (Read 76468 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Jets new HC search
« Reply #270 on: October 19, 2020, 01:40:46 PM »
Does Bieniemy get to bring Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce with him?
Maybe

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #271 on: October 19, 2020, 01:41:50 PM »
Bill O'Brien coaching this team and yalls know it
I'd be happier about hiring BOB in 2021 than I was about hiring Gase in 2019.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #272 on: October 19, 2020, 01:58:38 PM »
we'll probably hire Tom Cable.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #273 on: October 19, 2020, 02:09:06 PM »
I'd be happier about hiring BOB in 2021 than I was about hiring Gase in 2019.

Ugh... same.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #274 on: October 19, 2020, 02:14:38 PM »
Lincoln Riley has the advantage of a track record of developing young quarterbacks, but no NFL experience.

Arthur Smith looks to be a good playcaller at this level, but hasn't ever been a head coach at any level or developed a young QB.

Eric Bieniemy has worked with a young QB and for an offensive genius, but we don't know how much is him and how much is Andy Reid.

Joe Brady doesn't tick any of those boxes yet.

Please, for the love of all that's freaking holy and right, can we get someone who has actually demonstrated an ability to do what we need them to do at the level we need them to do it?
This x1000 for me

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #275 on: October 19, 2020, 02:23:22 PM »
Quite frankly, I don't know which coaches are going to be the best hires or not.
- Lincoln Riley has a great system and has put QBs in the pros. I don't hold Rattler against him too much - he would be working with either Darnold or Lawrence. Does he translate to the NFL? No clue.

- Arthur Smith, Kellen Moore and Joe Brady seem like great offensive minds. Does that translate to HC? No clue.

- Jim Harbaugh had success in San Francisco, but that Super Bowl appearance was a while ago, and he's a weird dude.

- Eric Bienemy works under Andy Reid, which is usually a good coaching tree, and he helped develop Mahomes. But how much did he really do, and does he translate to being an HC? No clue.

- Matt Campbell has been successful in college and seems to be NFL-ready. No clue what he'd be as an HC though.

- Brian Daboll has coached under Belichick and Saban and is doing a good job in Buffalo. Does he translate to an HC? Who knows.

That doesn't even get into some of the defensive guys or Dave Toub.

There are guys I prefer over others, but I have no clue who translates to being an NFL HC and who doesn't. And neither do you. But I'll still debate about it for 3 months.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #276 on: October 19, 2020, 02:39:41 PM »
Arthur Smith is the son of the guy who created FedEx, so maybe we'll be able to get a new owner by hiring Arthur Smith. That's why he should be at the top of everyone's list.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #277 on: October 19, 2020, 02:41:05 PM »
the next coaching hire will be our most important in my tenure as a fan.  Sadly, my first instinct is that they'll freak it up somehow.

You said that last time and we hired Adam Gase, objectively the worst candidate possible. At this rate we’d be lucky to get BOB.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #278 on: October 19, 2020, 02:51:26 PM »
You said that last time and we hired Adam Gase, objectively the worst candidate possible. At this rate we’d be lucky to get BOB.

This.
With the current trajectory of hiring Bowles, then Gase, our next coach will probably be a goldfish.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #279 on: October 19, 2020, 02:56:30 PM »
Chip Kelly here we come

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #280 on: October 19, 2020, 03:02:25 PM »
Every time I see BOB I just keep thinking that we”re about to hire a flat Earther.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #281 on: October 19, 2020, 03:04:01 PM »
Quite frankly, I don't know which coaches are going to be the best hires or not.
- Lincoln Riley has a great system and has put QBs in the pros. I don't hold Rattler against him too much - he would be working with either Darnold or Lawrence. Does he translate to the NFL? No clue.

- Arthur Smith, Kellen Moore and Joe Brady seem like great offensive minds. Does that translate to HC? No clue.

- Jim Harbaugh had success in San Francisco, but that Super Bowl appearance was a while ago, and he's a weird dude.

- Eric Bienemy works under Andy Reid, which is usually a good coaching tree, and he helped develop Mahomes. But how much did he really do, and does he translate to being an HC? No clue.

- Matt Campbell has been successful in college and seems to be NFL-ready. No clue what he'd be as an HC though.

- Brian Daboll has coached under Belichick and Saban and is doing a good job in Buffalo. Does he translate to an HC? Who knows.

That doesn't even get into some of the defensive guys or Dave Toub.

There are guys I prefer over others, but I have no clue who translates to being an NFL HC and who doesn't. And neither do you. But I'll still debate about it for 3 months.
I forgot Campbell existed.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #282 on: October 19, 2020, 03:07:23 PM »
We didn't have a the 1st pick overall last time
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #283 on: October 19, 2020, 03:12:54 PM »
We didn't have a the 1st pick overall last time

But we did have Sam Darnold who was a #3 pick and showed promise as a rookie

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #284 on: October 19, 2020, 03:13:38 PM »