Author Topic: The OFFICIAL 2018 New York Yankees Thread  (Read 131990 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: The OFFICIAL 2018 New York Yankees Thread
« Reply #1695 on: November 02, 2018, 01:13:53 PM »
I think the biggest issue, and I’m sure you’ll agree, is the availability of the SP. there's not exactly any aces on the trade market. I’m not overpaying for a guy like Fulmer, John Gray, etc.

This is usually the type of situation that Cashman pulls a trade out of his derriere and lands someone desirable that no one was thinking of. We could really use that this offseason.

I wouldn't be hugely surprised if the Jays trade Stroman this offseason, although I would expect we'd ask a lot in return. We're in full rebuild and he's ready to win now; he's got two years of control left and is a potential ace. I'm not sure that he's the right guy to be leading a young clubhouse going through a rebuild, because he's a bit of an poopchute.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1696 on: November 02, 2018, 01:21:26 PM »
I think the biggest issue, and I’m sure you’ll agree, is the availability of the SP. there's not exactly any aces on the trade market. I’m not overpaying for a guy like Fulmer, John Gray, etc.

This is usually the type of situation that Cashman pulls a trade out of his derriere and lands someone desirable that no one was thinking of. We could really use that this offseason.

I definitely agree. I was against Fulmer last year, and I'm against him now.

I keep hanging onto hope he'll pry Snell away from Tampa or get MadBum. But I wouldn't be shocked if he pulled another Didi-style move and got someone that they saw something on film and believe they can capitalize on it.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1697 on: November 02, 2018, 01:37:34 PM »
Faced with market constraints, the Indians will listen to trade offers for some of their veteran players this winter, according to sources. Kluber, Carrasco, Encarnacion, Gomes, etc. Lindor, Ramirez will definitely be held.

Buster Olney, on cue.

You’re up Cashman.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1698 on: November 02, 2018, 01:46:06 PM »
I definitely agree. I was against Fulmer last year, and I'm against him now.

I keep hanging onto hope he'll pry Snell away from Tampa or get MadBum. But I wouldn't be shocked if he pulled another Didi-style move and got someone that they saw something on film and believe they can capitalize on it.

Stop thinking about Snell. He probably has top 5, top 10 trade value in MLB right now. Even if we could agree to a deal, we would have to gut our team. They’re asking for Gleyber to start.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1699 on: November 02, 2018, 01:49:01 PM »
I wouldn't be hugely surprised if the Jays trade Stroman this offseason, although I would expect we'd ask a lot in return. We're in full rebuild and he's ready to win now; he's got two years of control left and is a potential ace. I'm not sure that he's the right guy to be leading a young clubhouse going through a rebuild, because he's a bit of an poopchute.

You nailed this post. I would only trade him for a bundle. He’s worth a lot to the Jays in their current state... I think he’ll bounce right back if he can get healthy.

I own him in a 40 man roster dynasty league. The salary I own him at is way too high given his recent performance, but he would be a huge bargain for me if he returns to form.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1700 on: November 02, 2018, 01:52:50 PM »
Damn, Kluber is under control for 3 years... fits in perfectly with our window of Judge (4 years), Gary (4 years), Sevy (3 years) all being on their rookie contracts...

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1701 on: November 02, 2018, 02:21:38 PM »
The Yankees have acquired INF Hanser Alberto off waivers from Texas and added him to the 40-man roster.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1702 on: November 02, 2018, 02:30:48 PM »
The Yankees have acquired INF Hanser Alberto off waivers from Texas and added him to the 40-man roster.

26, .287 BA in 3,000 minor league PA, .192 BA in 200 MLB PA... plays SS, 2B, 3B

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1703 on: November 02, 2018, 02:48:44 PM »
Stop thinking about Snell. He probably has top 5, top 10 trade value in MLB right now. Even if we could agree to a deal, we would have to gut our team. They’re asking for Gleyber to start.

Come on man. What's wrong with dreaming? "Hanging onto hope" means I know it's a pipedream. It's not like I'm sitting here actually offering the Rays Gleyber, Andujar, and their choice of Sheffield or Florial.

Damn, Kluber is under control for 3 years... fits in perfectly with our window of Judge (4 years), Gary (4 years), Sevy (3 years) all being on their rookie contracts...

Kluber would be a ridiculous get. What the hell would it take though?

Hechavarria replacement, I guess.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1704 on: November 02, 2018, 05:15:14 PM »
^haha I know, I just think Snell is on a short list of untradable players. We can revisit this in a few years when he’s due to be a free agent and get a big contract.

Off the top of my head, something close to what the Red Sox gave up for Sale? Sale was 27 when he got dealt, Kluber is 32, both had 3 years left. #1 prospect in baseball (moncada), a top 50 pitching prospect that throws 100 Kopech, another top 10 organizational propsect (basabe) and a throw in. Closest comp to that for us would probably be Sheffield, Clint or Florial, Another guy off our top 10 list, and a throw-in. If that gets it done, it would be worth it. We don’t really have anything better to offer other than Andujar or Gleyber, and we’re not trading Gleyber. Maybe Andujar and 2 mid tier prospects?

Hopefully just competition for Torreyes/Wade in the event they lose another infielder. We’re gonna need a guy like Hechvarria or better as a backup IF with Didi out half a year.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 05:19:29 PM by SixFeetDeep »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1705 on: November 02, 2018, 06:31:17 PM »
#Yankees Estevan Florial will bat ninth and play right field for the West Fall Stars team tomorrow night in Surprise.

Arizona fall league

Gift of a nomination. Batted .158 in 50 ABs
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 06:34:22 PM by SixFeetDeep »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1706 on: November 03, 2018, 08:07:12 PM »
#Yankees Estevan Florial will bat ninth and play right field for the West Fall Stars team tomorrow night in Surprise.

Arizona fall league

Gift of a nomination. Batted .158 in 50 ABs

https://twitter.com/fabits_griffin/status/1058883682243493888

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1707 on: November 05, 2018, 09:42:36 AM »
Lmao, MLBTR is projecting Bryce Harper to sign a 14 year $420 million deal and Manny Machado to 13 year, $390 mill

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1708 on: November 05, 2018, 10:12:06 AM »
The years on those contracts are absurd, but the AAV isn’t bad. Pujols is making $30M a year for the next 3 years, Miguel Cabrera is making 30M a year for the next 5+ years, Price is making $32 a year for the next 3-4 years

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1709 on: November 05, 2018, 11:07:01 AM »
Fangraphs thinks Boras will let Machado sign first in order to secure a bigger contract for Harper