Author Topic: Manish Mehta - FIRED  (Read 71260 times)

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
Re: The Manish Thread
« Reply #180 on: May 30, 2019, 03:04:41 PM »
I mean, none of that is really exceptionally surprising, it'd be more surprising if they didn't do this. Of course they're going to discuss in private their options and create a plan for after they make the move.

i dont really care at all. manish is bad

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #181 on: May 30, 2019, 03:11:54 PM »

Manish is bad, both Johnsons are bad, Gase is bad, pretty much everyone involved in the running of the entire franchise is a freaking clown. Keep the players, empty the offices, start over again.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #183 on: May 30, 2019, 03:18:21 PM »
Heimerdinger was his source.

He’s probably still running his mouth.

That doesn't make sense if Manish is being honest that Heimerdinger specifically couldn't be reached for comment.

Probably from the same place that informed him Peter Schrager was at Chris Johnson’s wedding

Okay, but then who was that person? Because they apparently also knew that Johnson was having secret meetings while planning to shitcan everyone.

I mean, none of that is really exceptionally surprising, it'd be more surprising if they didn't do this. Of course they're going to discuss in private their options and create a plan for after they make the move.

It's not necessarily the closed-door planning, it's that he was plotting above and beyond what the group he was part of was plotting.

Firing Bowles was a no-brainer, but Johnson was literally discussing and planning it with people who he was also planning to fire.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #184 on: May 30, 2019, 03:21:29 PM »
That doesn't make sense if Manish is being honest that Heimerdinger specifically couldn't be reached for comment.

Okay, but then who was that person? Because they apparently also knew that Johnson was having secret meetings while planning to shitcan everyone.

Like I said. Look at who was present, and whose comment or lack thereof went unmentioned.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #185 on: May 30, 2019, 03:30:30 PM »
Like I said. Look at who was present, and whose comment or lack thereof went unmentioned.

Erik Burkhardt?

That's the only person who was supposedly at the meeting who isn't mentioned about declining/unavailability for comment. I don't really see what he'd have to gain from this at this point, especially since he declined comment back in December.

Also, the article has this line:

“(Johnson) was the driving force,” said one current Jets employee.

Manish still has inside sources.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #186 on: May 30, 2019, 03:34:41 PM »
Erik Burkhardt?

That's the only person who was supposedly at the meeting who isn't mentioned about declining/unavailability for comment. I don't really see what he'd have to gain from this at this point, especially since he declined comment back in December.

Also, the article has this line:

Manish still has inside sources.

Burkhardt was representing Kingsbury, who didn't get the job. He presumably represents other coaches as well as players and maybe even front office staff. Dysfunctional basketcases are not good for agents, they're unpredictable and difficult to deal with. It makes a whole heap of sense that he'd want to expose a club for being a shambles; sunlight tends to have a cleansing effect.

There's no sense at all in Maccagnan or Heimerdinger giving that story to the press if they want to get another job in football.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #187 on: May 30, 2019, 03:42:27 PM »
Burkhardt was representing Kingsbury, who didn't get the job. He presumably represents other coaches as well as players and maybe even front office staff. Dysfunctional basketcases are not good for agents, they're unpredictable and difficult to deal with. It makes a whole heap of sense that he'd want to expose a club for being a shambles; sunlight tends to have a cleansing effect.

There's no sense at all in Maccagnan or Heimerdinger giving that story to the press if they want to get another job in football.

There's no sense in Burkhardt doing it either. Who would believe he'd be a reliable person in the future to meet with behind closed doors?

That also ignores that it wasn't that Kingsbury didn't get the job, Kingsbury took the Cardinals job before the Jets even had a chance to make their offer.

And it still doesn't negate that someone currently inside the organization fed Manish the info that the meeting was definitely at Johnson's request.

I think Manish is guilty of some shitty behavior, but I also think he has cultivated a large pool of sources within the NYJ organization.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #188 on: May 30, 2019, 03:51:35 PM »
There's no sense in Burkhardt doing it either. Who would believe he'd be a reliable person in the future to meet with behind closed doors?

That also ignores that it wasn't that Kingsbury didn't get the job, Kingsbury took the Cardinals job before the Jets even had a chance to make their offer.

And it still doesn't negate that someone currently inside the organization fed Manish the info that the meeting was definitely at Johnson's request.

I think Manish is guilty of some shitty behavior, but I also think he has cultivated a large pool of sources within the NYJ organization.

Burkhardt is the only person it does make sense for. Like I said, sunlight cleanses. And the finger of blame is bound to be pointed at the disgruntled guys who got fired.

Maccagnan and Heimerdinger have nothing to gain by sharing this and quite a bit to lose. Agents need teams to behave like well run organisations, it's really not in their interest to have a headcase like Gase calling the shots. Unhappy players make for more work and less money for an agent.

I've no doubt there are other people Manish talks to in the organisation, but this has clearly come from one of the four people present that night.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #189 on: May 30, 2019, 03:52:54 PM »
What's the story here, the Jets front office were looking to replace Todd Bowles after the Miami game?  And that's, what... rude? 

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #190 on: May 30, 2019, 03:55:36 PM »
Burkhardt is the only person it does make sense for. Like I said, sunlight cleanses. And the finger of blame is bound to be pointed at the disgruntled guys who got fired.

Maccagnan and Heimerdinger have nothing to gain by sharing this and quite a bit to lose. Agents need teams to behave like well run organisations, it's really not in their interest to have a headcase like Gase calling the shots. Unhappy players make for more work and less money for an agent.

I've no doubt there are other people Manish talks to in the organisation, but this has clearly come from one of the four people present that night.

I see your point.

Apart from the he-said-she-said, what a freaking shitstorm this organization is.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #191 on: May 30, 2019, 05:03:10 PM »
#ManishButtholeGreen
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #192 on: May 30, 2019, 06:09:56 PM »
Manish

I mean if you're gonna build your franchise around your HC, at least build your franchise around your HC. Even though in this case it's fully unwarranted

MoreCharacters

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #193 on: May 30, 2019, 06:40:08 PM »
That piece is a trainwreck of an article and Manish should be embarrassed as a journalist.

MoreCharacters

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #194 on: May 30, 2019, 06:43:34 PM »
It's cute how Manish is trying to make "STABBED IN THE BACK" a leitmotif

"Gase, how do you feel about the narrative that you stabbed Maccagnan in the back?"

"That's dumb and you're a nerd"

"Exclusive Look Inside the Jets Mess: A secret meeting, a reckless owner and a GM stabbed in the back"

we live in such a "if you say it loud enough it's true" culture