Author Topic: Manish Mehta - FIRED  (Read 71268 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: The Manish Thread
« Reply #165 on: May 22, 2019, 06:39:12 PM »
I don't think there was ever a suggestion about wanting Schrager as GM, the story was that Johnson would be consulting Schrager for his opinions on who would be suited to the role. Which is very possible, but completely uninteresting. "Man consults friend who knows a lot of people in the industry who might be good for vacancy he needs to fill" is not an unusual or in any way remarkable story, and I'm not sure which is worse - Manish reporting it like it's supposed to matter, or people desperately wanting him to be wrong about it just because it's Manish.

Manish has 3 tweets about this in the last day, so it’s probably more about him being an annoying, uniformed queynte, as usual.

@MMehtaNYDN:Jets won’t be hiring a search firm/consultant for GM search like they did for the previous two hires.

However, they’ve told people that TV personality & sideline reporter Peter Schrager could be contacted for assistance on prospective candidates. His name has come up internally

@MMehtaNYDN: Jets have discussed using TV personality Peter Schrager (a friend of Christopher Johnson) in General Manager search, per sources.

@MMehtaNYDN: Some context about Peter Schrager’s relationship with Jets CEO Christopher Johnson: Schrager was among the attendees at Johnson’s wedding last July.

@BrianCoz: A Jets source said that while the team respects Peter Schrager, the only conversations the team has had with the broadcaster are about him working on their preseason telecasts.

@Connor_J_Hughes: From my understanding, while the #Jets respect Peter Schrager, their discussions with him have only been about working the team’s preseason telecasts. Nothing else.

@RVacchianoSNY: The Jets are talking with Fox Sports Peter Schrager about a role on their preseason telecasts, according to a team source. The Jets have a high respect for @Pschrags, but it does not appear that they are consulting him on their GM search.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #166 on: May 22, 2019, 08:59:09 PM »
Is there a difference between consulting Charlie Casserly and Peter Schrager? Schrager sells more headlines and gets more retweets but that's about it.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #167 on: May 23, 2019, 10:00:34 AM »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #168 on: May 23, 2019, 10:15:30 AM »
Manish is a massive putz
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #169 on: May 24, 2019, 03:42:33 PM »

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #170 on: May 24, 2019, 05:44:37 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alXYusJIrqc

Boomer takes a massive dump on Manish and expresses his massive chub for Gase
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 05:46:42 PM by Coach K »

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #171 on: May 24, 2019, 07:27:56 PM »
Honestly, if it weren't for Manish, I'd feel a lot worse about recent developments.  Watching this putz overreact is helping me stay cool.

Visiting tgg from time to time has a similar effect. 

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #173 on: May 30, 2019, 10:24:13 AM »
Adam Gase is running the show in Jets GM search. Just needs Chris Johnson’s final approval. Gase has called each candidate to give his pitch before formal interviews, per team source

My understanding: Gase’s top selling point has been Sam Darnold

Manish

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #174 on: May 30, 2019, 12:27:48 PM »
Everyone loves to excrement all over Manish. Don't get me wrong, he stirs the pot like no one else in NY, but he definitely has inside sources he's cultivated and gets stories no one else does. Is he a dick about it? Sure, but the Daily News pays him for that because it's a sensationalist dishrag. That doesn't make his stories factually incorrect.

And this newest story is disturbing. Beyond the shitstirring of the article, this clandestine backstabby bullshit is bad for business.

The only positive, to me, is that it kind of exonerates Gase. All the beat writers were implying he was lying about Johnson calling him to tell him, not taking his advice, and this story corroborates that.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #175 on: May 30, 2019, 01:58:22 PM »
Everyone loves to excrement all over Manish. Don't get me wrong, he stirs the pot like no one else in NY, but he definitely has inside sources he's cultivated and gets stories no one else does. Is he a dick about it? Sure, but the Daily News pays him for that because it's a sensationalist dishrag. That doesn't make his stories factually incorrect.

And this newest story is disturbing. Beyond the shitstirring of the article, this clandestine backstabby bullshit is bad for business.

The only positive, to me, is that it kind of exonerates Gase. All the beat writers were implying he was lying about Johnson calling him to tell him, not taking his advice, and this story corroborates that.

His source is gone now, that’s why he’s so butthurt

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #176 on: May 30, 2019, 02:14:17 PM »
His source is gone now, that’s why he’s so butthurt

If his source is gone, where'd he get info about a clandestine meeting involving Johnson and people who are no longer with the organization that refused to comment on his story?

I'm not defending Manish's tendency to stir excrement up, other than to acknowledge it's likely in large part directed by an employer whose product is best used to house-train a pet, but he gets an awful lot right in terms of the facts in his stories.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #177 on: May 30, 2019, 02:42:15 PM »
If his source is gone, where'd he get info about a clandestine meeting involving

Heimerdinger was his source.

He’s probably still running his mouth.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #178 on: May 30, 2019, 02:52:01 PM »
If his source is gone, where'd he get info about a clandestine meeting involving Johnson and people who are no longer with the organization that refused to comment on his story?

I'm not defending Manish's tendency to stir excrement up, other than to acknowledge it's likely in large part directed by an employer whose product is best used to house-train a pet, but he gets an awful lot right in terms of the facts in his stories.

Probably from the same place that informed him Peter Schrager was at Chris Johnson’s wedding

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #179 on: May 30, 2019, 03:00:22 PM »
From the story above:

Maccagnan — who was fired on May 15 — declined comment when reached for this story. Johnson and Heimerdinger (also fired this month) couldn’t be reached for comment. The Jets declined multiple requests for comment.

Note the missing name, then ask yourself why he might be sharing this.
A cross-dressing limey poofter