Author Topic: 2014 Jets' rivals  (Read 7539 times)

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
Re: 2014 Jets' rivals
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2013, 01:28:20 PM »
He meant 6 to 9 wins
I guess you can understand/speak broken English better than I can. 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2013, 07:08:35 PM »
Taken from here http://thejetsblog.com/bga/

Home Games

Denver Broncos
Oakland Raiders
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions
Baltimore Ravens or Pittsburgh Steelers*
New England Patriots
Miami Dolphins
Buffalo Bills

* This is complicated but check the standings afterwards and the Jets will face whichever team ends up in the same position (ie 2nd if the Jets win or 3rd if they lose) in their division.

Road Games

Kansas City
San Diego
Green Bay
Minnesota
Jacksonville (if the Jets don’t win on Sunday) or Tennessee (if the Jets win on Sunday)
Buffalo
Miami
New England

My understanding is that if the Jets win on Sunday they will finish second in the division by virtue of having a better divisional record than the Dolphins. (Please correct me if you know this to be wrong).

The full schedule is usually released in April.

Steelers and Titans are officially our 2nd place opponents.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2013, 10:01:32 AM »
oh yes, so black and white.

No it's not, but this is one of those things that repeatedly never pans out from year to year. I guarantee if this schedule was released the same time last year people would be saying "that isn't so bad".  The AFC west was supposedly one of the worst divisions in the NFL to most. Now there's a chance they can have 3 playoff teams

My point was: What's the difference? What is the problem with saying "Based on what we know right now, this looks like a tough schedule"?

It's conversation. Everyone understands that things change. No one could have predicted that the Eagles would have the healthiest roster in league history, or that Aaron Rogers would return in week 17 to lead his team to a win-or-go-home victory. That means we should just never talk about how things look from our current perspective?

I think that notion is ridiculous. If that's how you feel, you shouldn't talk about the draft until after it's done. Or free agents until after they're signed. Or who you think might win the Super Bowl.

90% of sports conversation is speculation based on what you currently know. The other 10% is talking about "last night's" game.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tags: