Author Topic: 2014 Jets' rivals  (Read 7541 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: 2014 Jets' rivals
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2013, 04:07:45 PM »
It's always amusing that all sports conversation centers around speculation and in almost every thread on here someone says something to the effect of: "It's stupid to speculate because we have no idea what x, y, z will be."

So basically, all sports conversation is stupid and should end.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2013, 04:22:19 PM »
all I'm thinking about is possible tailgate game scenarios

Can you fags at least wait until late in the season? 

Mid-to-late November or early December
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2013, 04:34:25 PM »

MB doesn't want it that late because he doesn't like cold weather. I have a degree of sympathy with that, but I'm easy on the whole thing. I definitely don't want September.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2013, 04:51:25 PM »

the date of the game is more important to me than the opponent.  I'm just thinking about what opposing fans would be most fun to bash.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2013, 04:53:37 PM »
MB doesn't want it that late because he doesn't like cold weather. I have a degree of sympathy with that, but I'm easy on the whole thing. I definitely don't want September.

The two guys from Canada are worried about it being too cold?  I'm sure someone will bring extra mittens, scarves, panties, ect. for you homos.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2013, 05:09:33 PM »
The two guys from Canada are worried about it being too cold?  I'm sure someone will bring extra mittens, scarves, panties, ect. for you homos.

Bring your sister...i prefer body warmth.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2013, 08:39:16 PM »
It's always amusing that all sports conversation centers around speculation and in almost every thread on here someone says something to the effect of: "It's stupid to speculate because we have no idea what x, y, z will be."

So basically, all sports conversation is stupid and should end.
oh yes, so black and white.

No it's not, but this is one of those things that repeatedly never pans out from year to year. I guarantee if this schedule was released the same time last year people would be saying "that isn't so bad".  The AFC west was supposedly one of the worst divisions in the NFL to most. Now there's a chance they can have 3 playoff teams

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2013, 10:43:59 AM »
oh yes, so black and white.

No it's not, but this is one of those things that repeatedly never pans out from year to year. I guarantee if this schedule was released the same time last year people would be saying "that isn't so bad".  The AFC west was supposedly one of the worst divisions in the NFL to most. Now there's a chance they can have 3 playoff teams

Exactly. One of the guaranteed things to guess wrong about is next year's NFL schedule. Up until early this year Carolina looked like one of our easy games. If I recall correctly the Chiefs were wrapping up the #1 overall draft spot this time last year. We know New England will be good and Buffalo will be bad, so we can start there.

Regarding the tailgate, it seems we decided night games work best but this year we had all 1pm starts except for the 4pm Buffalo game which they chose. I like cold and night better, if anyone wants my input.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2013, 10:48:28 AM »

There are too many pussies around here for that to happen.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2013, 10:49:57 AM »
Hello 6-9 win 2014 Jets
There's gonna be a cancelled week next season, Biff Tannen?

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2013, 11:08:15 AM »
Exactly. One of the guaranteed things to guess wrong about is next year's NFL schedule. Up until early this year Carolina looked like one of our easy games. If I recall correctly the Chiefs were wrapping up the #1 overall draft spot this time last year. We know New England will be good and Buffalo will be bad, so we can start there.

Regarding the tailgate, it seems we decided night games work best but this year we had all 1pm starts except for the 4pm Buffalo game which they chose. I like cold and night better, if anyone wants my input.

Night games are awesome, maximum tailgate time.  I believe the New England tailgate was SNF and the Houston tailgate was MNF.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2013, 11:54:10 AM »

Much prefer 4pm games. For those of us visiting from out of town, night games make it very difficult to have post-game drinks and then get back to accommodation via the available public transit options. 4pm gives plenty of pre- and post-game drinking time.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2013, 12:43:53 PM »
Much prefer 4pm games. For those of us visiting from out of town, night games make it very difficult to have post-game drinks and then get back to accommodation via the available public transit options. 4pm gives plenty of pre- and post-game drinking time.

Seconded.  I enjoyed the 4 pm game last year.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2013, 12:46:25 PM »
There's gonna be a cancelled week next season, Biff Tannen?

He meant 6 to 9 wins

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2013, 12:50:36 PM »
He meant 6 to 9 wins
. How are we going to lose 6 games if we win 16 games next year?

Tags: