Author Topic: Wonder Woman  (Read 4786 times)

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
Re: Wonder Woman
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2018, 01:33:39 PM »
Finally got round to watching this. It was decent enough, but I'm not sure it was the feminist tour de force that some have made it out to be.

Yeah I thought it was overrated just because it's the best film in the Snyderverse.  That's not a high bar. 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2018, 01:54:33 PM »
Yeah I thought it was overrated just because it's the best film in the Snyderverse.  That's not a high bar. 

The feminist narrative falls apart on two things, for me; first, she spends the majority of the movie wearing a glorified bikini, and secondly, in the end the real hero is the man. I think Jessica Jones is far more of a feminist superhero than Diana Prince; she's weird looking, drinks too much, wears normal clothes and is a bit of a dick, but still manages to do the right thing most of the time - like most people.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2018, 05:44:09 PM »
Finally got round to watching this. It was decent enough, but I'm not sure it was the feminist tour de force that some have made it out to be.

its decent

i just think its definitely a rip off of the first Captain America movie though

(comes to a time and setting unfamiliar to him/her to battle mystic nazi's. Chris Pine is literally the diet soda version of Chris Evans. They just put Pine in the Agent Carter role)

put in oven on Feminist hype for 90 minutes

ding! you have an overrated movie

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2018, 10:15:58 PM »
its decent

i just think its definitely a rip off of the first Captain America movie though

(comes to a time and setting unfamiliar to him/her to battle mystic nazi's. Chris Pine is literally the diet soda version of Chris Evans. They just put Pine in the Agent Carter role)

put in oven on Feminist hype for 90 minutes

ding! you have an overrated movie

Nazi's and ovens in the same post, as a Jew I am not in the least offended.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2018, 12:21:43 PM »
It was the best of the Snyderverse movies, directed by a woman, and a woman was in the lead role. The battlefield scene was where most people felt it really excelled, where she learns the extent of her power and truly takes up the mantle.

As a much bigger DC fan than Marvel, I hate admitting it, but the MCU blows away the Snderverse so far. I don't hate the Snyderverse movies like so many people do, but I really wish Disney would buy out DC.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well