Author Topic: Final 53 man roster predictions  (Read 6207 times)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Final 53 man roster predictions
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2015, 07:09:59 PM »

I think the only condition for a guy on someone else's practice squad is that once you steal him away, he has to be added to your active roster the rest of the year (but I'm not certain of that).

This is incorrect. It's a 4 week period they must be on the active roster of the team that signs them.

If we think there is a guy we can use, you can easily bring him in. However I also think that the player who receives the offer can first contact his team that's on his PS and give them the option of signing him to the active roster first
Need a new one for a new board...

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Re: Final 53 man roster predictions
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2015, 10:24:11 PM »
The difference of course being that in baseball and hockey players are drafted much younger, and require additional years of development before being ready for the big time. In football players are drafted to play, the career is short and it's not fair on players to have their rights acquired through whatever means and then just find themselves stashed away for a rainy day.

If they're good enough to play for you, then play them. If you don't, and if someone else will, it's only right and proper that they should get the chance to play there.

Makes perfect sense.

I'm glad someone here understands what happens when you release a 4th round pick.

To be clear, I wasn't suggesting we release him. If that's what it takes to get him on the practice squad it's not an option, which was my question. That would explain why a lot of teams don't have a young QB sit around for a year or two like they used to.

We did release our 4th round pick last year but that's a different story.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Tags: