Author Topic: Final 53 man roster predictions  (Read 6206 times)

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
Re: Final 53 man roster predictions
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2015, 08:23:52 AM »
Does Petty have to be on the 53 man roster if he isn't going to play? Do we risk losing him if he goes to the practice squad?

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2015, 08:35:17 AM »
QB: Fitz, Flynn, Petty (I have a feeling Geno gets put in short-term IR)
RB: Ivory, Stacy, Powell, Bohannon
WR: Marshall, Decker, Smith, Owusu (Kerley gets traded sometime today)
TE: Cumberland, Enunwa (put him here because he'll stick as a hybrid)
OL: Brick, Mangold, Carpenter, Giacomini, Colon, Dozier, Aboushi
DL: Wilk, Richardson, Snacks, Douzable
LB: Harris, Davis, Pace, Coples, Mauldin, Reilly, Mays
CB: Revis, Cro, Skine, McDougle (despite last night), Milliner, Walls
S: Pryor, Gilchrist, Jarrett, Miles
ST: Folk, Quigley, Pardum, Powell

That's 45 guys that I'm confident make the roster. The other spots are up for grabs. I could see another DB making the roster, and I figure they'll trade for/waiver acquire another TE. I could also see adding an athletic (with potential not yet met) waived LB getting added too. Thinking about it now, Babin will probably stay as well.

I wouldn't mind keeping Johnson, but 4 active QBs is too many. I'd honestly love to just cut Geno altogether at this point.

Does Petty have to be on the 53 man roster if he isn't going to play? Do we risk losing him if he goes to the practice squad?

The instant the Jets don't put him on the active roster he's gone.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2015, 09:13:44 AM »
I'm really surprised about Kerley being so hated by this staff.  He must have atrocious practice habits/laziness if it's indeed true that the front office is willing to move on from him.  I didn't really know his practice habits were a lot worse than any of the other guys.  Besides that, I don't see how he wouldn't make the roster.  HE's not a #1 or #2 WR by any means, but he's good enough to be a solid #3 here, or at least depth.  So weird.  If you had to pick a guy the new regime wouldn't like, he's not the one I would have chosen.

Maybe it's all overblown and he's the #3 WR come week 1.  Who knows.

Koz

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2015, 09:20:58 AM »
I'm really surprised about Kerley being so hated by this staff.  He must have atrocious practice habits/laziness if it's indeed true that the front office is willing to move on from him.  I didn't really know his practice habits were a lot worse than any of the other guys.  Besides that, I don't see how he wouldn't make the roster.  HE's not a #1 or #2 WR by any means, but he's good enough to be a solid #3 here, or at least depth.  So weird.  If you had to pick a guy the new regime wouldn't like, he's not the one I would have chosen.

He could just be a real, lazy dick. Perhaps some of our former #10 Captain's mannerisms rubbed off on Kerley.

Koz

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2015, 09:22:39 AM »
QB: Fitz, Flynn, Petty (I have a feeling Geno gets put in short-term IR)
RB: Ivory, Stacy, Powell, Bohannon
WR: Marshall, Decker, Smith, Owusu (Kerley gets traded sometime today)
TE: Cumberland, Enunwa (put him here because he'll stick as a hybrid)
OL: Brick, Mangold, Carpenter, Giacomini, Colon, Dozier, Aboushi
DL: Wilk, Richardson, Snacks, Douzable
LB: Harris, Davis, Pace, Coples, Mauldin, Reilly, Mays
CB: Revis, Cro, Skine, McDougle (despite last night), Milliner, Walls
S: Pryor, Gilchrist, Jarrett, Miles
ST: Folk, Quigley, Pardum, Powell

That's 45 guys that I'm confident make the roster. The other spots are up for grabs. I could see another DB making the roster, and I figure they'll trade for/waiver acquire another TE. I could also see adding an athletic (with potential not yet met) waived LB getting added too. Thinking about it now, Babin will probably stay as well.

I wouldn't mind keeping Johnson, but 4 active QBs is too many. I'd honestly love to just cut Geno altogether at this point.

I read somewhere this morning that the savings for the Jets in the event of a Kerley trade is only $200K.

I wonder what value he has on the market? Anything close to a 5th rounder and above.  Below that and I'd be shocked.  Perhaps trading Kerley a WR needy team like the Packers in the hopes that one of their reserve TE's is worthy of a closer look.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2015, 09:42:38 AM »

FWIW, Kim Martin keeps stressing that Kerley isn't in the doghouse. I think it's more a matter that we've seen Kerley's ceiling and the young guys are worthy of a closer look. If he has any trade value, you just do it and move forward. You have legit 1 and 1A receivers. That's good enough to allow for room to see if Enunwa/Owusu can back up Smith (who this staff picked).

I read somewhere this morning that the savings for the Jets in the event of a Kerley trade is only $200K.

I wonder what value he has on the market? Anything close to a 5th rounder and above.  Below that and I'd be shocked.  Perhaps trading Kerley a WR needy team like the Packers in the hopes that one of their reserve TE's is worthy of a closer look.

I just have a feeling Kerley was the guy Duff was talking about when he said they've had some trade inquires last night. While there won't be a huge monetary savings by trading him, the roster spot is valuable (see above). If they can get a player at a position of need, all the better.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2015, 09:49:22 AM »
I just have a feeling Kerley was the guy Duff was talking about when he said they've had some trade inquires last night.

I missed that interview.  Which one was it?

Emerson Boozer

• Eric Smith
  • Royal Gate Vodka
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2015, 09:50:41 AM »
I think it's possible that Kerley is perceived as a shrimp and the staff is looking for a prawn or perhaps a juicy langistino.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2015, 10:09:05 AM »
I missed that interview.  Which one was it?

I'm pretty sure it was right before halftime (but maybe it was later) on the broadcast.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2015, 10:13:25 AM »
One guarantee from me:  Either Dakota Dozier, Brian Winters or Aboushi will on the Bills' roster before week 1.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2015, 10:21:07 AM »
One guarantee from me:  Either Dakota Dozier, Brian Winters or Aboushi will on the Bills' roster before week 1.

No question.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2015, 10:27:16 AM »

Good they don't even make them better by accident.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2015, 11:21:31 AM »
I think it's possible that Kerley is perceived as a shrimp and the staff is looking for a prawn or perhaps a juicy langistino.

Kerley is a mere 41-50, we need an 8-12.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2015, 11:31:33 AM »

Thanks. I don't keep up with all those rules.

Glad someone here isn't a total tool.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Koz

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2015, 11:34:01 AM »

I feel as though letting Aboushi go might be a mistake, that he has significant long-term potential.

Tags: