Author Topic: "Making the Leap, No. 19: Jets QB Geno Smith"  (Read 15099 times)

nyjunc

• Vinny Testaverde
  • Trump/Brady 2016

Murrell2878

• Eric Smith
Re: "Making the Leap, No. 19: Jets QB Geno Smith"
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 11:33:46 AM »
As long as he's wearing a Jets uniform, he has my 100% support, but I have no faith that he can get the job done. If Fitzpatrick outplays him in preseason, then I think Geno needs to sit the bench come season opener. There's no point in wasting 3 or 4 games trying to see if he can turn it around.

nyjunc

• Vinny Testaverde
  • Trump/Brady 2016
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 11:35:45 AM »
I can't say I have faith, he kind of did the same thing to end 2013 where he played his best football the final month when realistically we were out of it but I want Geno to win the job.  I know what Fitz is and we aren't winning anything w/ him but like you said no matter who is under C I want them to succeed. 

Murrell2878

• Eric Smith
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 11:40:55 AM »
I can't say I have faith, he kind of did the same thing to end 2013 where he played his best football the final month when realistically we were out of it but I want Geno to win the job.  I know what Fitz is and we aren't winning anything w/ him but like you said no matter who is under C I want them to succeed. 

We need Geno to figure it out because if he doesn't then we have to hope Petty is the answer or we are going to spend another off-season trying to find the future QB. It's been far too long that we've had this issue. You and I both loved Sanchez, but he had his deficiencies and when the talent went away so did his development in NY. Pennington would have been the answer but the shoulder injury killed any chance of him being the guy.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 11:42:42 AM »
I'll pull for Geno until he sucks.  Then I will shake my head in silence.

nyjunc

• Vinny Testaverde
  • Trump/Brady 2016
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 11:57:30 AM »
We need Geno to figure it out because if he doesn't then we have to hope Petty is the answer or we are going to spend another off-season trying to find the future QB. It's been far too long that we've had this issue. You and I both loved Sanchez, but he had his deficiencies and when the talent went away so did his development in NY. Pennington would have been the answer but the shoulder injury killed any chance of him being the guy.

I agree with you.  I have hopes for Petty, I think he is a good developmental guy but for this year we need Geno to take a nice step forward.

Jetaho

• Laveranues Coles
  • HAPPY BIRTH
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 12:11:07 PM »
This is it.  Geno has to prove he can be our starting QB.  I will be rooting like Hell for him to succeed, because he is our best long term option and our options beyond him are really limited.  Fitz is a journeyman, Petty is a project, and there are no franchise QBs itching to come play for us.  I'd also rather spend high draft picks on other positions.     

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 12:36:50 PM »
He needs to leap off of the Brooklyn Bridge
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 01:42:10 PM »
As long as he's wearing a Jets uniform, he has my 100% support, but I have no faith that he can get the job done. If Fitzpatrick outplays him in preseason, then I think Geno needs to sit the bench come season opener. There's no point in wasting 3 or 4 games trying to see if he can turn it around.

This is my thoughts exactly. If we could see that self-confidence he displayed against the Dolphins he has a realistic chance of making another step in the right direction. If not, lets call time early - this year with our elite defense is not time to be trying another developmental project with our 3rd year resident QB.
...first prize a Cadillac Eldorado- second prize, a set of Steak Knives

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 02:16:36 PM »
If the 2016 QB class any good?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2015, 02:49:26 PM »
If the 2016 QB class any good?

yes
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2015, 03:20:25 PM »
He has to improve his patented behind-the-back move. I'll be rooting for him though.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2015, 03:31:24 PM »
I don't see a way that Geno is going to fix all of the errors in his game that we've seen over the last two seasons, and I don't want to see the exasperated look in Sheldon's eyes any more when he's once again coming onto the field after having been given all of two downs to rest before Geno has put him back into another short field to defend.

A halfway competent QB could do so much damage with the field positions that this defense is going to be creating this season. Fitzpatrick has proven himself to be halfway competent, Geno has not.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2015, 04:45:21 PM »
Geno Smith showed more last December than Derek Carr or Blake Bortles showed all season.

Paging Heismanberg.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2015, 04:49:35 PM »
Paging Heismanberg.
He killed himself

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tags: