Author Topic: I own a house?  (Read 42881 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: I own a house?
« Reply #210 on: September 29, 2020, 10:06:51 PM »
Good luck man, are you stationed there for a while now?

Thanks. I'm here for two more years but I'm leaning to resigning at the end of my orders and using my GI Bill for grad school. We'll see how it goes but this is a big first step.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #211 on: September 29, 2020, 10:09:08 PM »
we were looking at a condo before we had a kid and i just couldnt come to grips with some of these buildings insane monthly fees on top of everything else.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #212 on: September 29, 2020, 10:14:03 PM »
we were looking at a condo before we had a kid and i just couldnt come to grips with some of these buildings insane monthly fees on top of everything else.

I've been lucky with the ones I've found. Most usually include water and sewage, some even include gas. I think part of it is that a lot of DC condos are conversions from row houses (the one I'm looking at is one of these).

It's just me so I don't need that much room and honestly, most of the housing prices in VA and Maryland along the Metro are in line with the prices in DC proper.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #213 on: September 30, 2020, 12:25:15 PM »
Thanks. I'm here for two more years but I'm leaning to resigning at the end of my orders and using my GI Bill for grad school. We'll see how it goes but this is a big first step.

I imagine that even if you did need or choose to move elsewhere after two years, the market in DC is strong enough that you'll either turn a profit or be able to rent it out without too much trouble.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #214 on: September 30, 2020, 01:22:42 PM »
I imagine that even if you did need or choose to move elsewhere after two years, the market in DC is strong enough that you'll either turn a profit or be able to rent it out without too much trouble.

It’s definitely going to appreciate once the house next door finishes its renovations as well.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #215 on: September 30, 2020, 01:42:00 PM »
It’s definitely going to appreciate once the house next door finishes its renovations as well.

if you're next door to Arbys....should be able to triple your investment.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #216 on: October 04, 2020, 05:42:49 PM »

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #217 on: October 04, 2020, 08:29:16 PM »
So I just made an offer on a DC condo. Here's to hoping.

Where about a in DC? I’m over in Alexandria paying two arms for rent. I need to get myself a place, the pizza and I were looking earlier this year, then Covid and a few other things and we fell apart. So now I need to focus on finding myself a place, ideally by next summer
Need a new one for a new board...

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #218 on: October 04, 2020, 08:31:39 PM »
Bought another house today. Kinda have to sell this one now.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #219 on: October 04, 2020, 08:56:44 PM »
Where about a in DC? I’m over in Alexandria paying two arms for rent. I need to get myself a place, the pizza and I were looking earlier this year, then Covid and a few other things and we fell apart. So now I need to focus on finding myself a place, ideally by next summer

Condos:
-Petworth
-Eckington
-Bloomingdale
-Brookland
-H St

Houses:
-Michigan Park
-Benning Road Metro
-Deanwood

The annoying part is that since my office is in Alexandria, it's more convenient for my commute to live out on Bemming Road than it is to live on H ST NE.

If you have a car (I don't even have a driver's license) Bellevue, Shipley, and Congress Heights have some nice options, but I'd be stranded oit there.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #220 on: October 04, 2020, 09:15:19 PM »
Condos:
-Petworth
-Eckington
-Bloomingdale
-Brookland
-H St

Houses:
-Michigan Park
-Benning Road Metro
-Deanwood

The annoying part is that since my office is in Alexandria, it's more convenient for my commute to live out on Bemming Road than it is to live on H ST NE.

If you have a car (I don't even have a driver's license) Bellevue, Shipley, and Congress Heights have some nice options, but I'd be stranded oit there.
Head to Reston
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #221 on: October 04, 2020, 09:39:09 PM »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #222 on: October 04, 2020, 10:10:02 PM »

Bo, Libero, Cato Redskins tailgate 2021
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #223 on: October 04, 2020, 10:39:42 PM »
Bo, Libero, Cato Redskins tailgate 2021
Racist