Author Topic: I own a house?  (Read 42883 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: I own a house?
« Reply #135 on: May 31, 2018, 08:01:56 AM »
Pool's closed

You'll like it....the speedo is green/white with #14 on my crotch and "Darnold" across the back.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #136 on: May 31, 2018, 08:19:18 AM »
MB showing up in his speedo.

Now it's kismet.

A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #137 on: May 31, 2018, 08:27:39 AM »
haha
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Koz

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #138 on: May 31, 2018, 10:57:49 AM »
Year 2: Everything is up and running a few weeks earlier than year 1. The water is in a sad state because I went to open it a week and a half ago and needed to replace small parts on the pump and filter. Finally got through that today and shocked the excrement out of it and it’s already looking better. Everything from here should hopefully be much easier, everything is in much better condition and I kinda know what I’m doing this time.

What kind of cover do you have? Since we switched to the non-permeable mesh cover a few years back, when we also swapped the liner and added a salt cell, opening the pool is a breeze. With our old cover, the pool would be pea-green with algae even when opening the pool at the beginning of May and before temps started to spike.

Koz

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #139 on: May 31, 2018, 10:59:49 AM »
Since we are on the subject of homes, the best move I ever made was taking out my living room and building a bar! A room that was used for about 4 hours Christmas morning now sees alot more use.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #140 on: May 31, 2018, 01:05:23 PM »
my fence blew down in a wind storm and im debating just taking the insurance settlement and going on vacation and fixing my fence with 2x4 cause idc anymore

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #141 on: May 31, 2018, 01:16:33 PM »
my fence blew down in a wind storm and im debating just taking the insurance settlement and going on vacation and fixing my fence with 2x4 cause idc anymore

Plant a barrier of mint.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #142 on: May 31, 2018, 01:43:39 PM »
Plant a barrier of mint.

How about a mint-leaf speedo

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #143 on: May 31, 2018, 03:01:11 PM »
How about a mint-leaf speedo

Enjoy your rash.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #144 on: May 31, 2018, 03:19:50 PM »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #145 on: May 16, 2019, 08:16:29 PM »
I had a woodchuck/groundhog living in a small cavity under the stairs in my garage. Discovered him a couple days ago and he gave me a heart attack. Who knows how long he’s been in there or how he got in.

Had just got home from Lowe’s after buying a ‘Coon trap and heard this fucker running around. Hiding behind a table against the wall like I wouldn’t find him. Tried to shove him into a 5 gallon bucket with a snow shovel but he kept juking me. He backed himself into a corner I couldn’t reach and refused to move.

Literally scooped him up with a longpole lacrosse stick and dumped him into another bucket.

Animal control was off for the night so I drove for a good distance and released him into the wild.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 09:12:21 PM by SixFeetDeep »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #146 on: May 16, 2019, 08:44:51 PM »
Good man. Groundhogs are awesome.

I have the world's cheekiest raccoons. Fuckers aren't even scared of my dog any more, just run up on to the garage roof and stare at him like he's some kind of queynte while he loses his excrement on the deck barking at them.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #147 on: May 10, 2020, 09:49:43 PM »
Here's my dilemma:

We can buy in the suburbs north of Austin in one of several different new communities in a brand new house (boring and about 30 minutes to the city)
or

We can buy in the Mexican hood two minutes away from downtown Austin where homes in the same and surrounding neighborhoods are being flipped and sold for $600K or more

---

There's a neighborhood we've found in southeast Austin on a hill and all of the homes have foundations that are complete excrement, so they are selling well below market value.  A few have sold for $100K less than their value.  It's a huge gamble that could pay off immensely because everything cool in the city is on the east side.

Anyone ever had foundation issues or even a fixer upper? 

Obviously this isn't a situation where we can just repaint it and get some new windows/doors.  It could be a complete disaster even after the foundation is fixed. 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 09:54:13 PM by Heismanberg »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #148 on: May 11, 2020, 06:40:41 AM »
I don't think I'd gamble with foundation problems.  If this is your first house, I'd avoid the temptation to gamble. Any house you buy is going to have some problems when you get it inspected.  Nothing wrong with taking on a fixer upper, but a foundation issue is a different animal. Foundation issues can be anything from a few grand to "oh excrement we have to rebuild the whole thing, hand over your wallet".  I can't really give any advice on location.  Perhaps there's locations that are somewhere in between.

My Dad had to spend about $20K on his mother's house to fix a unlevel foundation from a huge oak tree root.  Had to jack up the whole corner of the house to be repaired.  I inherited the same house and had to spend another $7K because it settled again in several places. I feel I was lucky it was only that much.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 06:52:06 AM by bojanglesman »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2020, 07:03:12 AM »
Here's my dilemma:

We can buy in the suburbs north of Austin in one of several different new communities in a brand new house (boring and about 30 minutes to the city)
or

We can buy in the Mexican hood two minutes away from downtown Austin where homes in the same and surrounding neighborhoods are being flipped and sold for $600K or more

---

There's a neighborhood we've found in southeast Austin on a hill and all of the homes have foundations that are complete excrement, so they are selling well below market value.  A few have sold for $100K less than their value.  It's a huge gamble that could pay off immensely because everything cool in the city is on the east side.

Anyone ever had foundation issues or even a fixer upper? 

Obviously this isn't a situation where we can just repaint it and get some new windows/doors.  It could be a complete disaster even after the foundation is fixed. 

Foundation issues are the grand poobah of red flags when purchasing a house.  Honestly, i would steer clear.

Tags: