Author Topic: Crap Movies  (Read 142170 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Crap Movies
« Reply #180 on: March 15, 2014, 12:45:42 PM »
Same old Badge. "If you don't think like me then you're wrong."

JE: "I'm right and everyone else must be pretending to like something because it's popular"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #181 on: March 15, 2014, 12:49:30 PM »
Just because two parties attempt the same thing doesn't mean both are good or both are bad.

No, but I'm explaining the thematic similarities and why I don't enjoy it.

JE: "I'm right and everyone else must be pretending to like something because it's popular"

I've said consistently that I don't like it and why. I realise that you find it conceptually impossible for two people to experience something and have differing views on it without one being right and the other being wrong, but I'm afraid that is the way the world is. I've tried to explain why I may feel differently about things to you, but this seems to be beyond your ability or willingness to try and understand. I don't think you're stupid, so I'm assuming it must be the latter.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #182 on: March 15, 2014, 12:50:04 PM »
I just had a quick listen to Henny Youngman on Youtube, the guy I posted is Tim Vine - sounds very much like a modern English version. All quickfire one-liners. Tim Vine is incredibly popular, but I hate his style of comedy. There's a lot of similarity to Neilson except for the difference in format.
Yeah, I edited my post, that I saw Vine described as the king of one-liners. I think Henny Youngman when I see that description. Could argue Rodney Dangerfield too, but he also did anecdotes and jokes. Dice in his heyday also killed one-liners.

You're entitled to hate Airplane! I just vehemently disagree with you. There hasn't been a slapstick type comedy in freaking ages that has been properly pulled off. I think it's a dead art at this point.   

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #183 on: March 15, 2014, 12:51:45 PM »
I've said consistently that I don't like it and why. I realise that you find it conceptually impossible for two people to experience something and have differing views on it without one being right and the other being wrong, but I'm afraid that is the way the world is. I've tried to explain why I may feel differently about things to you, but this seems to be beyond your ability or willingness to try and understand. I don't think you're stupid, so I'm assuming it must be the latter.

Maybe you should stop leading with "it was the worst thing I've ever seen" when you mean "I don't get it".

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #184 on: March 15, 2014, 12:55:13 PM »
Maybe you should stop leading with "what a horrendous sack of excrement movie and you're all childish for liking it, then, I cried myself to sleep" when you mean "I don't get it".
lay em down and smack'em, yack'em

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #185 on: March 15, 2014, 12:56:07 PM »
^ wut

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #186 on: March 15, 2014, 12:56:59 PM »
Maybe you should stop leading with "it was the worst thing I've ever seen" when you mean "I don't get it".

There's a difference between "I don't get it" and "I don't like it". I understand the jokes. I get them. They just don't make me laugh.

Also, I didn't say it was the worst thing I've ever seen, I said that it was an appalling sack of excrement. The worst thing I've ever seen, at least in terms of comedy movies, is probably Norbit.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #187 on: March 15, 2014, 12:57:09 PM »
^ wut

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

And Leon's getting l-a-a-a-a-a-a-r-g-g-g-g-e-e-e-r!

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #188 on: March 15, 2014, 12:57:50 PM »
There's a difference between "I don't get it" and "I don't like it". I understand the jokes. I get them. They just don't make me laugh.

Also, I didn't say it was the worst thing I've ever seen, I said that it was an appalling sack of excrement. The worst thing I've ever seen, at least in terms of comedy movies, is probably Norbit.
You're a freaking baby for even attempting to watch Norbit.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #189 on: March 15, 2014, 12:58:27 PM »
You're a freaking baby for even attempting to watch Norbit.

I don't even remember why. I'm pretty damn sure it wasn't my idea.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #190 on: March 15, 2014, 12:59:40 PM »
I don't even remember why. I'm pretty damn sure it wasn't my idea.
I hope not. I'd never look at you the same way again if it was.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #191 on: March 15, 2014, 01:01:59 PM »

By the way, this perfectly demonstrates my previous point. You simply can't get your head round the concept that someone doesn't like something that you do, so the only logical conclusion in your mind is that they didn't understand it. There's no conceivable way that someone could understand it and not feel the same way that you do.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #192 on: March 15, 2014, 01:02:16 PM »
I don't see how it's possible to even accidentally watch Norbit.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #193 on: March 15, 2014, 01:03:22 PM »
By the way, this perfectly demonstrates my previous point. You simply can't get your head round the concept that someone doesn't like something that you do, so the only logical conclusion in your mind is that they didn't understand it. There's no conceivable way that someone could understand it and not feel the same way that you do.

I'm sorry you're unable to enjoy good things.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #194 on: March 15, 2014, 01:03:38 PM »
I don't see how it's possible to even accidentally watch Norbit.

It's a long time ago, but I suspect it was related to trying to have sex. Yes, I should have realised that I probably shouldn't be having sex with someone who thinks that watching Norbit is a good idea, but sometimes the little head takes over.

Tags: movies