Author Topic: Crap Movies  (Read 142141 times)

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
Re: Crap Movies
« Reply #135 on: March 14, 2014, 07:55:27 AM »
You're supposed to drop acid and THEN watch Toy Story. JE, you were doing it wrong.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #136 on: March 14, 2014, 08:59:46 AM »
You're supposed to drop acid and THEN watch Toy Story. JE, you were doing it wrong.

TS3 was the best.  The one thing my wife and I will always agree on are animated movies.  She's obsessed with Robotech.  It's pretty bad, but I still feel lucky.

I've been married a long time now, so I know the drill.

If she wants to watch reality crap (or romcom) I use it as an excuse to grab a beer and a smoke and watch what I want in another room.  She ends up feeling bad after an hour and I get sexy time.

If she wants to rent a sappy movie from redbox, I always get one for myself.  She falls asleep at the end of said sappy movie and I put my good movie in.  She sleeps and I enjoy.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #137 on: March 14, 2014, 09:03:33 AM »

The last time I did anything like that (I think it was MDMA?) I watched Spirited Away.  I love that movie, and I have never seen it again, unless you count the part where I can watch it whenever I want in my brain.  Drug induced forever DVR bitches.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #138 on: March 14, 2014, 09:14:34 AM »
But you loved Toy Story, so it's all good.

I didn't dislike it, it just wasn't my thing at all. It's very much a children's movie, and not having children or having been one for quite a long time, it wasn't for me.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2014, 09:15:35 AM »

The best movie/drug combinations I have ever had are acid with The Lawnmower Man and shrooms with The Commitments.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2014, 09:17:52 AM »
The best movie/drug combinations I have ever had are acid with The Lawnmower Man and shrooms with The Commitments.

The Lawnmowerman on acid? hahahahah I am surprised you're still alive, that's a scary combo.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2014, 09:20:43 AM »

I didn't dislike it, it just wasn't my thing at all. It's very much a children's movie, and not having children or having been one for quite a long time, it wasn't for me.

I told you you would be the first person I've Ever met to not like that movie.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #142 on: March 14, 2014, 09:40:01 AM »
I told you you would be the first person I've Ever met to not like that movie.

It's almost like you wilfully chose to not read the actual words I wrote. You even quoted them.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #143 on: March 14, 2014, 09:44:11 AM »
It's almost like you wilfully chose to not read the actual words I wrote. You even quoted them.

Sorry, it was an odd combination.  You didn't dislike it, but it really wasn't for you.  Seemed contradictory.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #144 on: March 14, 2014, 09:58:13 AM »
Sorry, it was an odd combination.  You didn't dislike it, but it really wasn't for you.  Seemed contradictory.

Not really. I don't dislike Fisher Price toys or Donna Karan dresses or John Deere tractors because I don't have any strong feelings about any of them; they're not designed for me, and they hold no interest for me. All may be exceptionally well made and extremely well suited for the task at hand, and I respect that, but I have no desire to spend any time with them because they don't suit any purpose in my life. Equally, animated children's movies. I get that other people like them and that's fine, they just aren't for me.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #145 on: March 14, 2014, 10:15:19 AM »

Not really. I don't dislike Fisher Price toys or Donna Karan dresses or John Deere tractors because I don't have any strong feelings about any of them; they're not designed for me, and they hold no interest for me. All may be exceptionally well made and extremely well suited for the task at hand, and I respect that, but I have no desire to spend any time with them because they don't suit any purpose in my life. Equally, animated children's movies. I get that other people like them and that's fine, they just aren't for me.

Inappropriate comparison.  Pixar movies are designed for everyone, children and adults alike.  Nothing like Fisher Price or dresses.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #146 on: March 14, 2014, 10:20:19 AM »
Inappropriate comparison.  Pixar movies are designed for everyone, children and adults alike.  Nothing like Fisher Price or dresses.

I'm not sure if you're deliberately avoiding my point or if I'm not explaining it very well. The story does nothing for me. The animation does nothing for me. It doesn't speak to me or connect with me on any level at all. I am not a child, nor do I have children, nor do I have any interest in nostalgia. Like and dislike suggest a level of emotion and interest that do not exist for me with this movie. The best I can come up with is that I was completely uninvolved with it - there isn't a single thing about it that connected with me in any way, shape or form. It was just.... on.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #147 on: March 14, 2014, 10:23:34 AM »

I'm not sure if you're deliberately avoiding my point or if I'm not explaining it very well. The story does nothing for me. The animation does nothing for me. It doesn't speak to me or connect with me on any level at all. I am not a child, nor do I have children, nor do I have any interest in nostalgia. Like and dislike suggest a level of emotion and interest that do not exist for me with this movie. The best I can come up with is that I was completely uninvolved with it - there isn't a single thing about it that connected with me in any way, shape or form. It was just.... on.

You weren't explaining it well.  Not connecting is one thing.  Suggesting it's because the movie is something it's not, however, is quite different.  I'm perfectly accepting of the reasons right there.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #148 on: March 14, 2014, 03:49:29 PM »
The last time I did anything like that (I think it was MDMA?) I watched Spirited Away.  I love that movie, and I have never seen it again, unless you count the part where I can watch it whenever I want in my brain.  Drug induced forever DVR bitches.

No excrement.  During my sophomore year at college, my roommate ordered a bunch of this stuff called 2C-E over the internet.  It's synthetic mescaline, but it wasn't illegal yet because it had just been invented.  I took a bunch of that and watched Spirited Away. This particular scene is burnt into my mind forever.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #149 on: March 14, 2014, 03:55:43 PM »
No excrement.  During my sophomore year at college, my roommate ordered a bunch of this stuff called 2C-E over the internet.  It's synthetic mescaline, but it wasn't illegal yet because it had just been invented.  I took a bunch of that and watched Spirited Away. This particular scene is burnt into my mind forever.

I received 2C-I (or maybe it was 2C-B) from another member of this forum when I was in my soph year of college. I took a hike in the nature preserve, got caught in a downpour, played Halo 2 with some neighbors (spent the whole time running away from the bad guys), and listened to the album Obscura by Gorguts (it finally made sense). Didn't get around to watching a movie though.

Tags: movies