Author Topic: Crap Movies  (Read 142159 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Crap Movies
« Reply #705 on: May 18, 2016, 01:49:51 PM »
That trailer is infinitely better than the first one.  A few thoughts:

1)  The ghosts look phenomenal.  That might be the movie's saving grace.
2)  I actually laughed twice.  More like a chuckle, but ok.
3)  I find three of the Ghostbusters funny in one thing or another, but not really so much here.  They still haven't made me believe Leslie Jones is funny in the slightest, but she's a lot more like Winston here.
4)  The whole dropped crowdsurfing thing is really overdone and is the "that's gonna leave a mark" of this trailer.  Drawing attention to the race or lady thing just makes it worse.

I still don't have an interest in seeing it, but after that trailer, if my wife or kids want to see it, I might say ok to the $6 showing.

Agree with all of that. The selfie gag made me laugh.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #706 on: May 18, 2016, 02:05:07 PM »

That trailer is infinitely better than the first one.  A few thoughts:

1)  The ghosts look phenomenal.  That might be the movie's saving grace.
2)  I actually laughed twice.  More like a chuckle, but ok.
3)  I find three of the Ghostbusters funny in one thing or another, but not really so much here.  They still haven't made me believe Leslie Jones is funny in the slightest, but she's a lot more like Winston here.
4)  The whole dropped crowdsurfing thing is really overdone and is the "that's gonna leave a mark" of this trailer.  Drawing attention to the race or lady thing just makes it worse.

I still don't have an interest in seeing it, but after that trailer, if my wife or kids want to see it, I might say ok to the $6 showing.

The thing is that Winston wasn't a stereotypical black character. He was the non-scientist type, and showed some attitude, but the Leslie Jones character just seems like a token black character that'll just say things like "dayuuum" or "oh no you di'nt!" That "race thing", as you said, just confirms it.
"Wrong!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #707 on: May 18, 2016, 02:19:04 PM »
The thing is that Winston wasn't a stereotypical black character. He was the non-scientist type, and showed some attitude, but the Leslie Jones character just seems like a token black character that'll just say things like "dayuuum" or "oh no you di'nt!" That "race thing", as you said, just confirms it.

I guess it could be worse she could say, "Yes Massa".
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #708 on: May 18, 2016, 03:19:41 PM »

Did you watch the first trailer?  Aside from that stupid race gag, it was a big improvement for her.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #709 on: May 18, 2016, 03:56:32 PM »
Ghostbusters trailer #2:

https://youtu.be/gMfUjDnpfRY

Honestly, it doesn't look too dreadful. I just still don't see why they needed to remake it.

I think it's going to be good.  Spy, The Heat and Bridesmaids were all passable to very good, I don't see why this would be any worse. 

I mean it's not going to be Ghostbusters good, but Ghostbusters is one of the best movies ever made, IMO. 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #710 on: May 18, 2016, 06:04:26 PM »
It does look better than the other trailer.

But if I haven't gotten it together to see The Revenant, Ultron, Star Wars, Green Room, Midnight Special, Civil War, or any other movie I was actually interested in seeing in theaters, there's no chance I see this until it hits TV.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #712 on: June 14, 2016, 11:42:00 PM »
Really? I mean Really?

File this under I can't believe this got greenlit: I think this is from last year, I didn't look apologies if someone posted this earlier.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/oceans-eleven-set-for-all-female-reboot-sandra-bul/1100-6431857/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/oceans-eleven-remake-will-feature-elizabeth-banks-/1100-6440756/
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #713 on: June 15, 2016, 12:05:16 AM »
That's offensive.

Mostly because that movie would end in 30 seconds.

There'd be one scene where they all flash their pussies at the same time and walk into the vault.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #714 on: June 15, 2016, 10:23:38 AM »
The first remake was basically a perfect big Hollywood ensemble movie.  Why mess with that?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #715 on: June 15, 2016, 12:11:13 PM »
That's freaking dumb.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #716 on: June 15, 2016, 03:39:47 PM »

The first remake was basically a perfect big Hollywood ensemble movie.  Why mess with that?

Are they banking on Ghostbusters being a hit, and riding the "diversity" wave?
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #717 on: June 15, 2016, 03:51:56 PM »
Are they banking on Ghostbusters being a hit, and riding the "diversity" wave?

I doubt Ghostbusters prompted anything.  Both are likely products of the increased demand for female centered movies, and it's cheaper to make a female ensemble film than a male one.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #718 on: June 15, 2016, 03:56:02 PM »

I doubt Ghostbusters prompted anything.  Both are likely products of the increased demand for female centered movies, and it's cheaper to make a female ensemble film than a male one.

What prompted this increase demand anyway?
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #719 on: June 15, 2016, 07:07:53 PM »
What prompted this increase demand anyway?

A vocal minority that grabbed the attention of a few studios.

Tags: movies