Author Topic: Crap Movies  (Read 142166 times)

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
Re: Crap Movies
« Reply #495 on: May 27, 2015, 11:00:06 AM »
so good
The 2nd slap from Leslie Nielsen always gets me

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #496 on: May 27, 2015, 11:01:05 AM »

yep.  he's efficient.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #497 on: May 27, 2015, 11:09:56 AM »

Always puts me in tears.
"Wrong!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #498 on: May 27, 2015, 11:26:24 AM »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #499 on: May 27, 2015, 12:43:09 PM »
Pretty much.

I saw it in the theater.

/old head
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #500 on: May 27, 2015, 12:45:48 PM »
Mad Max: Fury Road is crap

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #501 on: May 27, 2015, 12:49:45 PM »
Mad Max: Fury Road is crap

you obviously watched it wrong.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #502 on: May 27, 2015, 01:32:57 PM »

Will they? I wouldn't bother, just like I didn't for Evil Dead or Fright Night. If it was a good movie first time round, why would I bother with a remake? The only example I can think of taking a good original and doing a good remake was True Grit. (Infernal Affairs / The Departed is probably a legitimate one as well, but I honestly didn't really get into either of them.) There's far more chance they're going to do an Oldboy or Wicker Man.

None of those are good examples in the slightest as only Evil Dead has the same sort of cachet and is still a niche movie.  Point Break is an awesome bad movie.  It's well known by a huge swath of people.  It has a long running live show.  People will be curious enough to go see it.  Look at The Karate Kid.  I remember tons of people saying "How can they remake the Karate Kid!?!" then going to see it for the very reason Hollywood remade it.  It sucked.  It also made a ton of money.  Hell, people saw Annie because it was Annie and they grew up with it, and that has MASSIVE changes.  People hated the idea of it hugely, but enough people still went that it made money.  People went and saw Footloose with zero stars because they grew up with it.  Same deal, criticized ahead of time, big return on the budget.  Those are better comparisons.  Movies with a big audience and nostalgia that drew people in despite their reservations.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #503 on: May 27, 2015, 01:37:07 PM »
Fair enough, I'll take your word for it. I can't imagine paying money to see a remake of a film I enjoyed first time round, but clearly people do. Seems weird to me.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #504 on: May 27, 2015, 01:41:53 PM »
None of those are good examples in the slightest as only Evil Dead has the same sort of cachet and is still a niche movie.  Point Break is an awesome bad movie.  It's well known by a huge swath of people.  It has a long running live show.  People will be curious enough to go see it.  Look at The Karate Kid.  I remember tons of people saying "How can they remake the Karate Kid!?!" then going to see it for the very reason Hollywood remade it.  It sucked.  It also made a ton of money.  Hell, people saw Annie because it was Annie and they grew up with it, and that has MASSIVE changes.  People hated the idea of it hugely, but enough people still went that it made money.  People went and saw Footloose with zero stars because they grew up with it.  Same deal, criticized ahead of time, big return on the budget.  Those are better comparisons.  Movies with a big audience and nostalgia that drew people in despite their reservations.

I loved the first movie and will not ever watch the remake. I have no desire to, and I check to make sure if I flip the channel to watch it, I am watching the original only. freak that noise.

I think I am going to do the same with Point Break, I don't think there's a chance in hell this movie will be good.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #505 on: May 27, 2015, 01:45:59 PM »
I honestly don't think I've sought out to see any movie I liked as a kid remade any time recently. Why the freak would I want to see will smiths kid reprise Daniel LoRusso? I don't begrudge people for what they want to do or see, but I don't do remakes.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #506 on: May 27, 2015, 01:48:25 PM »
I think I am going to do the same with Point Break, I don't think there's a chance in hell this movie will be good.

You simply cannot replace the amazingly perfect cheese factor of Swayze, Reeves, and Tank Girl.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #507 on: May 27, 2015, 01:51:49 PM »
You simply cannot replace the amazingly perfect cheese factor of Swayze, Reeves, and Tank Girl.
Don't you dare leave Gary Busey or Anthony Kiedis out of that equation.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #508 on: May 27, 2015, 01:54:52 PM »
I want to tell you something. I was in this bureau when you were still popping zits on your funny face and jerking off with the lingerie section of the sears catalog.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #509 on: May 27, 2015, 01:55:43 PM »
Don't you dare leave Gary Busey or Anthony Kiedis out of that equation.
Don't forget John McGinley

Hahaha not a chance in hell of replacing any of them.

Tags: movies