Author Topic: "Toxic" Jets  (Read 7181 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
"Toxic" Jets
« on: December 05, 2014, 09:10:21 AM »
My blood is boiling right now. I knew in my heart Marty was a bad hire from the start but I never thought it would be this bad. And Idzik can GTFO.

I despise the media in general and specifically negative stories, but this is worth taking the few minutes to read.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/12/4/7335427/the-toxic-downfall-of-rex-ryans-jets
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
Re: "Toxic" Jets
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 09:28:18 AM »
All starts with the owner.

He outsources the GM hire to a firm, and then it was all downhill from there once they recommended Idzik.

There may be a lot more years of abject garbage coming each Fall and Winter if house isn't cleaned and they don't start anew. No one can be retained this year.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 09:35:58 AM »
If idzik is gone, which I doubt, the only option I feel we could trust would be to hire a gm/coach, like Harbaugh may want.

There is nobody with a clue in the office, and absolutely nobody who we can trust to make a good football decision.  Woody felt the same when he hired the firm, and that hasn't worked well yet. Our most tenured guy should have been fired close to a decade ago, Bradway.

I just don't trust the office to make an informed decision. I would rather they just give the keys to someone to build their own squad and bring in some pieces with them.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 09:36:03 AM »
If this article is true it paints Idzik as creating an absolutely horrible culture to set up Rex and the coaching staff. It also cements my view that he needs to be fired immediately.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 09:39:48 AM »

He outsources the GM hire to a firm, and then it was all downhill from there once they recommended Idzik.

There may be a lot more years of abject garbage coming each Fall and Winter if house isn't cleaned and they don't start anew. No one can be retained this year.

He didn't outsource the hire, he outsourced the work to get potential candidates. He used a consulting firm. Every successful company in the free world uses consulting firms. The method isn't the problem it's the outcome. It was actually very smart of Woody to get a consulting firm to help. I don't see this as an issue, it's a non event.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 09:48:30 AM »
He didn't outsource the hire, he outsourced the work to get potential candidates. He used a consulting firm. Every successful company in the free world uses consulting firms. The method isn't the problem it's the outcome. It was actually very smart of Woody to get a consulting firm to help. I don't see this as an issue, it's a non event.

this
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 09:51:18 AM »
Rex Ryan hired Marty Mornhinweg...but let's blame the owner.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 09:55:04 AM »
If this article is true it paints Idzik as creating an absolutely horrible culture to set up Rex and the coaching staff. It also cements my view that he needs to be fired immediately.

I don't disagree at all. Though I'm starting to feel more that Idzik simply isn't qualified for the job more than that he intentionally set Rex up.

Woody should can Idzik and Marty today though.

I agree here too. The thing people forget is how unappealing this GM job was. Whoever took the job had to 1) keep Rex no matter what and 2) trade away Revis. It wasn't like anyone was banging on the door for an interview. Woody hired a firm to sift through the clearance bin and we got exactly what we paid for.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 09:59:32 AM »
Woody should can Idzik and Marty today though.

What did Mornhinweg do wrong? 

"He had great success calling the run against the Dolphins, but let's fire him because it worked and he didn't pass it enough!"

Ryan gets a pass from a lot of NYJ fans for having trash in the secondary.  What does Mornhinweg have to work with?  He has the absolute worst QBs in the league to run his show.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 10:01:54 AM by Heismanberg »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 10:04:31 AM »

What happened in 2011 and 2012 then?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 10:11:23 AM »
The offense has failed with three different offensive coordinators.  Rex Ryan is to blame. 

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2014, 10:27:39 AM »

"He had great success calling the run against the Dolphins, but let's fire him because it worked and he didn't pass it enough!"

Ryan gets a pass from a lot of NYJ fans for having trash in the secondary.  What does Mornhinweg have to work with?  He has the absolute worst QBs in the league to run his show.

Did you read the article? Its not that he called a terrible game vs the Dolphins; he and Rex are clearly butting heads and the article depicts them not being on the same page for almost the entire season. It goes on to say that running the ball 49 times wasnt Rex's way of getting back at Idzik, but more so Marty's way at getting back at Rex for constantly insisting against a pass first offense.

This team is torn. Everyone has to go. Idzik, Rex, Marty, Bradway... burn it to the ground. There clearly is a fucked up environment. Players are even calling out the GM for not doing his job. The HC and OC dont trust or support each other. Every relationship is probably broken. Even if Rex is fired, and Idzik stays.... who is going to want to come here in this dysfunctional environment led by a GM that was out to get his HC and didnt put the best team possible on the field? Harbaugh? Yeah right, he's not going from SF where he didnt get along with management, to NY where something very similar is currently happening.

Anything short of blowing the entire organization up is a failure at this point.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2014, 10:29:38 AM »
The Jets empire is collapsing!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2014, 10:35:00 AM »

First off, you don't snipe your boss behind his back. Second, he's been doing whatever he wants every week despite his head coach demanding he do otherwise. That kind of flies in the face of the whole "Rex doesn't put any attention into the offense" BS we've been hearing all these years.

Marty wanted Geno. He got Geno. He wanted to throw. So he threw. He needed more weapons so he got Decker, CJ, and Amaro to add to Ivory, Kerley, and Cumberland and when that wasn't enough he got Harvin.

I'm not absolving Rex for the hiring of Marty, but Marty is a terrible OC who ignored what his boss told him to do. Is there a single Jets fan who can honestly argue that the Jets didn't throw more than they should have under Marty's tenure? When the run worked, Marty abandoned it. Of course Rex has a right to demand he run the ball. Not like an poopchute like he did Monday, but yes, he should have run more. Like his head coach--who everyone supposed didn't care about the unit--was demanding.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2014, 10:37:16 AM »
I don't know what's going on behind closed doors, but I do know this team sucks. Anything else is rumor.

Tags: