Author Topic: Possible Jets HC Candidates  (Read 65708 times)

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Re: Possible Jets HC Candidates
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2014, 09:46:37 AM »
If we don't get someone better than we currently have there's no point in making the move.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2014, 10:07:29 AM »
If we don't get someone better than we currently have there's no point in making the move.

Harbaugh is the only one I'd have no reservations about.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2014, 10:25:37 AM »

that shouldn't be difficult
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2014, 10:33:05 AM »

Nah there are only a handful of coaches that would have the Jets better than 2-9, maybe 2-3 in the entire world.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2014, 10:43:43 AM »

Historically speaking it has been very difficult for the Jets to do that. Only coach to ever end his tenure with a winning record was Parcells, and he quit after three years.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:45:42 AM by Badger »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2014, 10:51:32 AM »
Historically speaking it has been very difficult for the Jets to do that. Only coach to ever end his tenure with a winning record was Parcells, and he quit after three years.

They'll answer the bell this time.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2014, 11:21:07 AM »
They'll answer the bell this time.

Who? The llama?

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2014, 11:24:29 AM »

I agree completely. It pains me to say this but looks like Rex may have to go but if we are replacing him I want to see some bonafides. I am not wanting us to jump in for a college coach who is a project, there is no place for this in New York.

I also want the "Guy" from the draft and if it costs us the farm so be it- Jameis must be on this team next year and whoever is coach needs to get this strategy in place from the get go. Our division is going to be brutal.
...first prize a Cadillac Eldorado- second prize, a set of Steak Knives

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2014, 11:35:32 AM »
Nah there are only a handful of coaches that would have the Jets better than 2-9, maybe 2-3 in the entire world.

I'm willing to accept that it's probably time to move on from Rex, but I'm all ears to find out which coach people think could have achieved anything with this absolute freaking disaster of a roster.

It might be a bit better than a 2-9 team at this stage, but given the teams we've played I don't see how we'd have more than 4 - and Rex came bloody close to that.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2014, 11:43:40 AM »
I'm willing to accept that it's probably time to move on from Rex, but I'm all ears to find out which coach people think could have achieved anything with this absolute freaking disaster of a roster.

It might be a bit better than a 2-9 team at this stage, but given the teams we've played I don't see how we'd have more than 4 - and Rex came bloody close to that.

It was half sarcastic, but I think it's time to move on. Idzik set Rex up and Rex looks done. That guy has sucked the joy of football from Rex.

I don't think there are a lot of coaches that could have had a better record other than the top 5-8 coaches in the NFL. I don't know of any college coaches.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2014, 11:50:55 AM »

Rex had almost an identical record to Parcells after the same amount of games. It took this year to drag Rex under 500, same thing that happened to Herm, although Herm did it to himself. Al Groh finished 9-7 and left after one year.

I don't think too many coaches are better than 2-9 with our QBs and this secondary vs the teams and QBs we've played.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2014, 01:56:40 PM »
You can say that about any move though, and you'll never know if you made the right move or not. You can't be scared hiring a coach. You need to do all the due diligence and hire the best guy that's out there, and hope you picked the right guy. You can't refuse to fire a guy because you're scared you can't pick the right replacement.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2014, 03:02:55 PM »
Another name to add to the speculation:

Norval Turner

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2014, 03:22:30 PM »
Another name to add to the speculation:

Norval Turner

DIAF

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2014, 03:33:40 PM »
David Shaw and Jameis Winston