Author Topic: Ryder Cup  (Read 3426 times)

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
Ryder Cup
« on: September 24, 2014, 09:58:40 AM »
The Bi annual Ryder Cup starts here on Friday and the Yanks are desperate to get some redemption after a Jet like implosion of the last cup at Medina.

Here are some thoughts;

Gleneagles, which is about 30 minutes from me is in great condition. The Centenary course where the cup is played is a Bear for your normal golfer, I played it a few years back and really didn't like it purely because of the length even if it is a gem but the pros will eat it up.

The hotel and estate really is a magical place, great place for a weekend away if you want seclusion, great activities- Golf, Equine centre, Polo- (horse, not water) - shooting range, fishing on it's own Loch and genuine moors where you can shoot game birds and even some stag if you are lucky. The restaurant is world class- food is to die for and if you don't own an oil well you might just do that when you get your cheque.

2 Great teams on each side. I have a feeling the Americans will win this if nothing more than because they are due but this is sure to be another great sporting occasion. I might pick up a programme for the Pats hater Auction in case you guys win and it has some memorabilia value.
...first prize a Cadillac Eldorado- second prize, a set of Steak Knives

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
Re: Ryder Cup
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 02:28:17 PM »
Excited to see Tiger play

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 02:33:31 PM »
haha
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 01:54:09 PM »
The excitement at the opening ceremony is something I haven't seen in this country. The American support is huge over here and great banter between both sets of fans.

You guys could do worse than take a passing interest in this -  the sporting theater of this occasion is unbelievable!

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 03:33:40 PM »
Despite my best efforts no takers. The USA team and fans were unbelievable today and the competition hasn't even begun.
Never been more proud of my country today for the opening ceremony.

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 09:55:56 AM »
After the morning 4 balls USA 2 1/2 - 1 1/2 Europe
Garcia and McIlroy some how managed to find a way to throw their game when they had it in the bag.

Noisy galleries and great sportsmanship spiced with lots of fist pumping and high fives.

The Foursomes are under-way and Europe of to fast start

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 10:00:37 AM »
What sport is this?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 10:03:05 AM »
What sport is this?

I think it's a car race.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 10:08:17 AM »
I think it's a car race.

Oh that's why Europe wins so much lately, their formula 1 drivers.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 10:23:55 AM »
After the morning 4 balls USA 2 1/2 - 1 1/2 Europe
Garcia and McIlroy some how managed to find a way to throw their game when they had it in the bag.

Noisy galleries and great sportsmanship spiced with lots of fist pumping and high fives.

The Foursomes are under-way and Europe of to fast start

AP's golf writer doesn't think it's that noisy, at least by Ryder Cup standards.

Doug Ferguson ‏@dougferguson405 3h
Would not say this is the quietest Ryder Cup I've been to. Maybe the least loud.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2014, 12:42:33 PM »
What great theater today- in the morning the Americans came out and took the whole competition by the neck and then imploded in the foursomes in the afternoon.

Oh boy the Yanks are licking their wounds tonight and it looks like another drubbing for team USA. What happened to you guys?

Only another miracle at Medina type performance from you guys will save face. Unlikely. No backbone. I'm saddened for Tom Watson but he is going to carry the can for this.

Can you come back? 

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2014, 12:50:09 PM »
No US golf is populated by a group of choking faggots, which is why golf is dying here.

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2014, 01:22:49 PM »
No US golf is populated by a group of choking faggots, which is why golf is dying here.

But Why? I think I could easily get a PhD researching this stuff. We send our kids to the US for their great facilities and coaches- lets take Monty - privileged background went to Houston turned into a world star who drove the cause of the Ryder Cup. I have my own thoughts on this subject but it would take ages to explain and it's Saturday night and "Dancing with the Stars" is on and my wife insists we watch together. 

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2014, 02:09:31 PM »
But Why? I think I could easily get a PhD researching this stuff. We send our kids to the US for their great facilities and coaches- lets take Monty - privileged background went to Houston turned into a world star who drove the cause of the Ryder Cup. I have my own thoughts on this subject but it would take ages to explain and it's Saturday night and "Dancing with the Stars" is on and my wife insists we watch together. 

The US players are pompous assholes that give three shits about playing for their country. They tire out, lose leads, lose to worse players because the other team is actually a team and cares. freak the US team, I am rooting for Europe because they play more like the US does in like every other sporting event except for golf.

Tiger Woods is a perfect example. That pig fucker was the number one golfer in the world for more then a decade. What was that choking bundle of sticks' s record in the Ryder Cup?
The entire US team can choke on a bag of dicks, it's embarrassing those privileged faggots call themselves Americans, embarrassing. Go Europe!

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2014, 02:14:21 PM »
Compared to the USA, the European team is loaded...

Still don't get Watson benching Reed and Spieth for yesterday's afternoon session.

Tags: