Author Topic: Dawgs  (Read 103456 times)

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
Re: Dawgs
« Reply #885 on: November 10, 2021, 03:58:52 PM »
I'm sorry Gorilla, it's a miserable experience. It's easy to say when it's not your dog, but as a shelter volunteer I'm sure you see that dogs like your Bessie don't always go to loving and caring homes that regard them as family.

As pet owners we know this day will come. By all appearances you gave Bessie a great life. I hope you take solace in that fact.

Thanks to all, I appreciate it.

You're definitely right, mj. We know our dogs kind of "hit the lottery" being homed by us and we do take solace in how much she was taken care of and how many lives (people and other dogs) she positively affected . She was certainly family, and our family feels busted right now.

Like you also said, we know that pets don't last forever and this day will come (as Louis CK said in a bit, "getting a puppy is a Countdown To Sorrow"..), but to have so many years left on the table has been the real heart-breaker for us. But as bojanglesman said, no matter how long, it never seems enough. We did give her a nice life, and it sucks that it was randomly cut short. But crap happens, no matter the species, unfortunately.

The real tragedy is my wife having to deal with the huge "BESSIE" tattoo I'll be getting on my middle-aged man neck.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #886 on: November 10, 2021, 04:51:54 PM »
Thanks to all, I appreciate it.

You're definitely right, mj. We know our dogs kind of "hit the lottery" being homed by us and we do take solace in how much she was taken care of and how many lives (people and other dogs) she positively affected . She was certainly family, and our family feels busted right now.

Like you also said, we know that pets don't last forever and this day will come (as Louis CK said in a bit, "getting a puppy is a Countdown To Sorrow"..), but to have so many years left on the table has been the real heart-breaker for us. But as bojanglesman said, no matter how long, it never seems enough. We did give her a nice life, and it sucks that it was randomly cut short. But crap happens, no matter the species, unfortunately.

The real tragedy is my wife having to deal with the huge "BESSIE" tattoo I'll be getting on my middle-aged man neck.

Sorry to hear your news man, I know just how you feel - we lost our first dog to cancer three years ago and he was just turned 8. It's bullshit and it's impossible to escape the feeling that dogs don't get long enough as it is, they certainly deserve more than 8 freaking years.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #887 on: November 10, 2021, 05:11:37 PM »
Quick post, since I know you guys will appreciate and empathize in this thread:

Had to put our girl to sleep suddenly last night. Only 8 years old.

Not to be dramatic or exaggerate, but she legit changed our lives. After adopting her in early 2014, the wife and I quickly got into volunteering at dog shelters and fostering dogs. Our first foster dog was a puppy that became our second dog and her "little brother" haha. Wife and I also ended up becoming dog trainers, and we had a side hustle in our house with dog boarding/training. Met tons of people who are friends...because we found this sweet girl at an adoption event one day. She loved all people, especially kids, and was always awesome and patient with our new toddler born in 2020.  She even achieved her Canine Good Citizen from AKC!

We figured she'd be around until our son was at least in kindergarten/1st grade, and she and her bonded-pair doggy sibling would grow old and gray-muzzled together. Oh well, it's a shitty situation. We all got ripped off from more time.
 Shocked and pretty crushed over here, i can't lie.  But she was very loved, and no dog has more pictures or footage of her, except maybe Lassie lol.

You're a good girl, Bessie !

Condolences Sir and I can only second what others have said here.  Be a dog owner I too know just how much they're a part of the family.  Beyond that, the fact that you and the Mrs. were active volunteers at dog shelters speaks well of you two and to that end all the more sincere condolences to you both.  Bessie obviously enjoyed many days of happiness in the care of good, loving hands.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #888 on: December 12, 2021, 10:08:08 AM »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #890 on: December 21, 2021, 01:25:16 PM »
Quick post, since I know you guys will appreciate and empathize in this thread:

Had to put our girl to sleep suddenly last night. Only 8 years old.

Not to be dramatic or exaggerate, but she legit changed our lives. After adopting her in early 2014, the wife and I quickly got into volunteering at dog shelters and fostering dogs. Our first foster dog was a puppy that became our second dog and her "little brother" haha. Wife and I also ended up becoming dog trainers, and we had a side hustle in our house with dog boarding/training. Met tons of people who are friends...because we found this sweet girl at an adoption event one day. She loved all people, especially kids, and was always awesome and patient with our new toddler born in 2020.  She even achieved her Canine Good Citizen from AKC!

We figured she'd be around until our son was at least in kindergarten/1st grade, and she and her bonded-pair doggy sibling would grow old and gray-muzzled together. Oh well, it's a shitty situation. We all got ripped off from more time.
 Shocked and pretty crushed over here, i can't lie.  But she was very loved, and no dog has more pictures or footage of her, except maybe Lassie lol.

You're a good girl, Bessie !

Sorry for the loss, I just saw this now.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #891 on: July 17, 2022, 07:07:10 PM »
One of my favorite entries to "what would my dog do if I pretended to have a medical episode?"

https://gfycat.com/coldvaincockroach

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #892 on: July 17, 2022, 10:08:23 PM »
One of my favorite entries to "what would my dog do if I pretended to have a medical episode?"

https://gfycat.com/coldvaincockroach

Are you just now seeing this?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #893 on: July 18, 2022, 01:15:06 PM »
Are you just now seeing this?
Yes. In the previous one I saw the dog just mounted and began humping its owner.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #894 on: July 18, 2022, 02:52:22 PM »
"Who's pvssy is this bitch?!! Who's?!!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #895 on: July 25, 2022, 02:38:46 PM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #896 on: July 25, 2022, 02:44:18 PM »
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 03:05:42 PM by CatoTheElder »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #897 on: July 25, 2022, 02:53:08 PM »
A lot of the narrative makes it look like an STI however it's also spread through close contact and some evidence supports inhalation through saliva mist (remember that one?). A large amount of cases are coming out of gay communities but it's not isolated through sexual contact.

Damn, my guess was "pitbull"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #898 on: July 25, 2022, 03:06:10 PM »
Damn, my guess was "pitbull"

LOL too many open tabs got me again.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #899 on: July 25, 2022, 03:07:25 PM »
https://twitter.com/conservmillen/status/1551333168283787265?s=21&t=uPIciKNpv_JWp03mR46MhQ

Curious as to where people stand on this

As an overall principle I'm not a fan of elderly people being killed by dogs but there are some for whom I'd consider making an exception. HTH.
A cross-dressing limey poofter