Author Topic: Dawgs  (Read 103463 times)

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
Re: Dawgs
« Reply #870 on: September 24, 2021, 11:09:55 PM »
Except no one calls the police if I list my dog on Craigslist.
You can get a lot more money for a kid than a dog.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #871 on: October 22, 2021, 04:54:11 PM »
I had to put my dog to sleep about 4 months ago.  He had lots of issues mounting up, but he started having cluster seizures and I knew that was it.  I finally have gotten past it enough to start thinking about getting another dog.  Yesterday, this big girl mutt showed up at our hospital from a rescue with heartworms and a birth defect on one foot (fused toes).  She is the sweetest dog and I knew it was time.  I should be adopting her tomorrow.  Here's my old boy and the new girl:

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #872 on: October 22, 2021, 11:37:43 PM »
I had to put my dog to sleep about 4 months ago.  He had lots of issues mounting up, but he started having cluster seizures and I knew that was it.  I finally have gotten past it enough to start thinking about getting another dog.  Yesterday, this big girl mutt showed up at our hospital from a rescue with heartworms and a birth defect on one foot (fused toes).  She is the sweetest dog and I knew it was time.  I should be adopting her tomorrow.  Here's my old boy and the new girl:

Good luck bro!
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #873 on: October 22, 2021, 11:38:25 PM »
If you or anyone else you know is thinking about getting a dog, first ask yourself this: are you willing to spend your Friday night washing and trimming said dog's poopchute because he's constipated and has excrement smeared into the fur round his derriere from rubbing it on the ground to try and encourage the excrement to come out?

If no, consider a guinea pig.

That's only the half of it if they ever get sick later in life. It an't no different than taking care of a sick loved one.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #874 on: November 06, 2021, 08:06:41 AM »
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #875 on: November 06, 2021, 08:11:25 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/aww/comments/q2uj79/does_your_dog_bite_no_but_he_learned_how_to_use/

How's your new girl settling in, Bo?
It's already her house, I just pay the bills.  We're working on housetraining.  She was a stray, so I doubt she had any.  She has heartworms, but we're treating that.  Otherwise, she's taken to spoiling herself very quickly.  She is the sweetest dog.  And lazy.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #876 on: November 06, 2021, 08:30:42 AM »
It's already her house, I just pay the bills.  We're working on housetraining.  She was a stray, so I doubt she had any.  She has heartworms, but we're treating that.  Otherwise, she's taken to spoiling herself very quickly.  She is the sweetest dog.  And lazy.

Nice. Sweet natured and lazy is the perfect dog in my world.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #877 on: November 06, 2021, 08:34:23 AM »
Nice. Sweet natured and lazy is the perfect dog in my world.
Yep.  I loved my other dog, but he only liked his family and hated all other dogs and people.  He was like Puck but not gay.

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #878 on: November 10, 2021, 02:58:44 PM »
Quick post, since I know you guys will appreciate and empathize in this thread:

Had to put our girl to sleep suddenly last night. Only 8 years old.

Not to be dramatic or exaggerate, but she legit changed our lives. After adopting her in early 2014, the wife and I quickly got into volunteering at dog shelters and fostering dogs. Our first foster dog was a puppy that became our second dog and her "little brother" haha. Wife and I also ended up becoming dog trainers, and we had a side hustle in our house with dog boarding/training. Met tons of people who are friends...because we found this sweet girl at an adoption event one day. She loved all people, especially kids, and was always awesome and patient with our new toddler born in 2020.  She even achieved her Canine Good Citizen from AKC!

We figured she'd be around until our son was at least in kindergarten/1st grade, and she and her bonded-pair doggy sibling would grow old and gray-muzzled together. Oh well, it's a shitty situation. We all got ripped off from more time.
 Shocked and pretty crushed over here, i can't lie.  But she was very loved, and no dog has more pictures or footage of her, except maybe Lassie lol.

You're a good girl, Bessie !

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #879 on: November 10, 2021, 02:59:43 PM »
Sorry for your loss bro.  Losing a pet is awful.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #880 on: November 10, 2021, 03:01:10 PM »
Sorry man, no matter how long they are with us, it's never enough.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #881 on: November 10, 2021, 03:09:50 PM »
Sorry dude! 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #882 on: November 10, 2021, 03:11:15 PM »
Sorry to hear, dude.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #883 on: November 10, 2021, 03:12:06 PM »
I'm sorry Gorilla, it's a miserable experience. It's easy to say when it's not your dog, but as a shelter volunteer I'm sure you see that dogs like your Bessie don't always go to loving and caring homes that regard them as family.

As pet owners we know this day will come. By all appearances you gave Bessie a great life. I hope you take solace in that fact.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #884 on: November 10, 2021, 03:21:06 PM »
That sucks, Gorilla.  Sorry for your loss man.