Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 514066 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #1440 on: October 03, 2014, 11:41:09 AM »
IATA shouldn't have to say a word.  His wife should be stepping up and dealing with her sister.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1441 on: October 03, 2014, 11:42:40 AM »
IATA shouldn't have to say a word.  His wife should be stepping up and dealing with her sister.

Exactly this.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1442 on: October 03, 2014, 11:42:59 AM »

Eh, it's easy to say that, it's harder for it to actually be done. How do you tell family they're nothing more than a moocher and they can go live in a box for all you care?

The cable thing I can say should have been handled by her.

Still, what I'm saying is, as hard as this is on IATA, it's certainly a lot harder on his wife.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1443 on: October 03, 2014, 11:44:19 AM »
If my family get out of line when I'm doing them a favour, I'm dealing with them. I'm not leaving it to my wife to deal with.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1444 on: October 03, 2014, 11:47:31 AM »
Eh, it's easy to say that, it's harder for it to actually be done. How do you tell family they're nothing more than a moocher and they can go live in a box for all you care?

The cable thing I can say should have been handled by her.

Still, what I'm saying is, as hard as this is on IATA, it's certainly a lot harder on his wife.

I'm sure she could use a little tact, and word that a little better.

The point is...IATA's wife is well aware of what her sister's been doing.  Letting everything slide clearly isn't solving the problem. 

Sometimes life is hard, Alio.  Why should IATA's life be excrement on, because his sister-in-law is a selfish queynte.

EDIT: the only instance where IATA should step in, is if his wife attempts to solve this and is completely rebuffed by her sister.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 11:49:18 AM by MBGreen »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1445 on: October 03, 2014, 11:56:23 AM »
If my family get out of line when I'm doing them a favour, I'm dealing with them. I'm not leaving it to my wife to deal with.

Sometimes there's nothing you can do. I know of one circumstance where family have taken over and there's not excrement the person can do about it because if they don't pay the mortgage, which is in their name, they're fucked, and/or they create an environment where if they do take charge, the police are called by their spouse.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 11:59:17 AM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1446 on: October 03, 2014, 12:08:29 PM »
I have a feeling a lot of you have really shitty relationships with your families.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1447 on: October 03, 2014, 12:13:39 PM »
I have a feeling a lot of you have really shitty relationships with your families.

I have an awesome relationship with my family. It's in no small part because if I have a problem with something they're doing, or they with me, we'll tell each other. I wouldn't dream of deliberately leeching off my family and they wouldn't consider not helping me out if I needed it, and vice versa.

Everything about this excrement is unhealthy and IATA is the one having to deal with it while his wife puts her head in the sand.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1448 on: October 03, 2014, 12:16:52 PM »

sometimes people are shitty, family or not. relationships are a 2 way street.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1449 on: October 03, 2014, 12:18:13 PM »
I think we can all agree that IATA shouldn't be the one to take care of the problem but it really is easier said than done to get his wife to do it. If he didn't act, nothing would get done. It is what it is.

As soon as SFD asked the question I knew what the answer was because I've heard this story a hundred times.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1450 on: October 03, 2014, 12:24:29 PM »
I think we can all agree that IATA shouldn't be the one to take care of the problem but it really is easier said than done to get his wife to do it. If he didn't act, nothing would get done. It is what it is.

As soon as SFD asked the question I knew what the answer was because I've heard this story a hundred times.

This.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1451 on: October 03, 2014, 12:28:06 PM »
I can't imagine having to read the riot act to my in-laws. Thankfully they all seem self-sufficient enough and we don't have enough for a moocher to attach themselves to us anyway.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #1452 on: October 03, 2014, 12:31:09 PM »
I can't imagine having to read the riot act to my in-laws. Thankfully they all seem self-sufficient enough and we don't have enough for a moocher to attach themselves to us anyway.

Well I am sure you don't have inlaws that between 4 adults have no real job and are not collectively on food stamps and see the home equity as an extra bank account.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 12:32:59 PM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1453 on: October 03, 2014, 12:32:46 PM »
Well I am sure you don't have inlaws that between 4 adults have no real job and are not collectively on food stamps.

And I thank Wilk every day that I don't.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #1454 on: October 03, 2014, 12:33:45 PM »
And I thank Wilk every day that I don't.

Consider yourself lucky.