Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 513982 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #1035 on: June 24, 2014, 10:05:19 AM »
But there is a reason, it makes the line move faster. If there's no line then go for it, but if there are others behind you then just pack your damn bags. You may have little else to do with your time and be quite happy to spend extra time in the grocery store so that you can demonstrate to the clerk just how much more important you are than them, but I don't and you're holding me up.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1036 on: June 24, 2014, 10:07:36 AM »
Just know that because you think that such a menial thing is beneath your superior powers, everyone else in line behind you thinks you're a queynte.

I have to agree. They have baggers down here but I bag 50 times faster and more efficient then any of them anyhow. I would rather bag my own to be honest, the baggers down here suck.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1037 on: June 24, 2014, 10:08:49 AM »
I usually withdraw into my mental happy place when I'm on line at the grocery store so I don't notice if I'm being held up. Unless the guilty party is causing a scene because they're trying to use a Russian coupon and insisting on paying in snakes.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #1038 on: June 24, 2014, 10:09:35 AM »
This must be a Florida retiree thing because I haven't seen anyone pay with check since the '90s.

Well duh, the average age of the patrons of the supermarkets down here is deceased.

Puck has been saving that example for a situation like this since 1996.

excrement it happens at least once a month.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1039 on: June 24, 2014, 10:15:03 AM »

But there is a reason, it makes the line move faster. If there's no line then go for it, but if there are others behind you then just pack your damn bags. You may have little else to do with your time and be quite happy to spend extra time in the grocery store so that you can demonstrate to the clerk just how much more important you are than them, but I don't and you're holding me up.

Why do I care about the people behind me? We're all there for the same reason, and chances are I had to wait just as much as those behind me are now.
"Wrong!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1040 on: June 24, 2014, 10:15:58 AM »
How very Tommy of you.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #1041 on: June 24, 2014, 10:16:04 AM »
I saw an old person pay with a check on an express line a month or two ago. I was kinda flabbergasted.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1042 on: June 24, 2014, 10:19:37 AM »
None of our stores accept cheques any more, which results in the same doddery old folks spending ten minutes trying to figure out how to use their chip and PIN card.

We don't have chip and PIN here yet, but my company is taking on some clients in Canada and Europe and they'll be using those. What exactly is the difference?

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #1043 on: June 24, 2014, 10:19:39 AM »
Come the revolution, retired people should be banned from grocery stores after 4:30 in the afternoon and all weekend. If they can't organise their empty days to go shopping when everyone else is at work, they deserve to have to live on whatever tins they can find at the back of the cupboard.
This is actually a great point.
I love how older people, I'm talking the over 70 crowd probably tell their grand kids to mind their behavior, say please, thank you and excuse me, and tell them to be respectful of others when I've come to notice they are some of the rudest, most disrespectful people around. Their behavior at the supermarket is so laughable sometimes it's ridiculous.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1044 on: June 24, 2014, 10:20:40 AM »

How very Tommy of you.

Ha. I'm not a complete dick at the store. If I'm in no rush and someone only has a few items against my full shopping cart, I'll let them go ahead of me. Also I've never left a cashier without saying "thank you".
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1045 on: June 24, 2014, 10:22:23 AM »
This is actually a great point.
I love how older people, I'm talking the over 70 crowd probably tell their grand kids to mind their behavior, say please, thank you and excuse me, and tell them to be respectful of others when I've come to notice they are some of the rudest, most disrespectful people around. Their behavior at the supermarket is so laughable sometimes it's ridiculous.

When I worked for that gourmet market, I'd see old ladies from the Upper East Side constantly coming back to complain about this or that with their food. I swear, with the lengths they'd go to get refunds I wouldn't be surprised if one claimed to find a chicken bone in her bell peppers.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1046 on: June 24, 2014, 10:32:16 AM »
We don't have chip and PIN here yet, but my company is taking on some clients in Canada and Europe and they'll be using those. What exactly is the difference?

Difference to what? Signing? The difference is you don't sign anything, you stick your card in a reader and type in your PIN to authorise the sale. It's no different to using an ATM.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #1047 on: June 24, 2014, 10:36:35 AM »
I want to get out of the supermarket the second I walk in. When I am checking out, I scan my card first so it's all ready when I am done bagging. I don't want to linger one extra second. If there's a mistake I go to the service desk and don't waste time.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #1048 on: June 24, 2014, 10:38:58 AM »

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1049 on: June 24, 2014, 10:49:30 AM »
When the bagger is literally so physically handicapped that it takes him a full thirty seconds to open a bag before he can even start bagging and when I (gently!) encourage him to move aside and take over bagging so I can get out of the supermarket sometime in the next decade it earns me the most hateful, bitchy glare from the cashier I can ever recall recieving.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 10:53:00 AM by ons »