Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 513983 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #975 on: June 17, 2014, 06:57:46 PM »
Left my car parked in the car port under my house overnight with the roof down. Went out today to find that some queynte has gone through the glove box and centre console looking for anything worth nicking; there wasn't, but they have busted the release catch in doing it. (Although the thick lady garden completely ignored $1500 worth of Jeep roof and windows just sitting there.)

Considering selling up, moving to a private development in Florida and buying several firearms.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #976 on: June 18, 2014, 07:30:16 AM »
Left my car parked in the car port under my house overnight with the roof down. Went out today to find that some queynte has gone through the glove box and centre console looking for anything worth nicking; there wasn't, but they have busted the release catch in doing it. (Although the thick lady garden completely ignored $1500 worth of Jeep roof and windows just sitting there.)

Considering selling up, moving to a private development in Florida and buying several firearms.

is a car port British/Canadian for garage?
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #977 on: June 18, 2014, 07:37:01 AM »
Did they at least leave their crack pipe for you?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #978 on: June 18, 2014, 08:46:08 AM »
is a car port British/Canadian for garage?

No. Garage is British/Canadian for garage. This is a car port:

And as can be seen from the Wikipedia article, it's an entirely American term and invention.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #979 on: June 18, 2014, 08:54:19 AM »
Hahahahah freaking Americans don't even know their own inventions.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #980 on: June 18, 2014, 11:27:35 AM »
To be fair, car port does sound very British. They do call tailgates "picnic in the car park" after all.
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #981 on: June 18, 2014, 11:37:35 AM »
To be fair, car port does sound very British. They do call tailgates "picnic in the car park" after all.

No, cars are called motorized rollinghams.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #982 on: June 18, 2014, 11:41:45 AM »

We call tailgates "why the freak are you standing in the car park in the shitty weather when you could be getting wankered in the pub like freaking human beings?".

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #983 on: June 18, 2014, 01:40:55 PM »
No. Garage is British/Canadian for garage. This is a car port:

And as can be seen from the Wikipedia article, it's an entirely American term and invention.

to be fair, when read in your accent it sounds like a secret underground lair when you park your submarinecar
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #984 on: June 18, 2014, 01:56:59 PM »
really ,what the freak is the point of a car port? I thought the same thing as SFD when i read it (assumed it was British, not canadian though)

It's just part of the driveway with a roof over it. The car isn't completely protected from the elements and someone can still steal it. That house is retarded

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #985 on: June 18, 2014, 01:58:20 PM »
It's better than nothing.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #986 on: June 18, 2014, 02:12:11 PM »
really ,what the freak is the point of a car port? I thought the same thing as SFD when i read it (assumed it was British, not canadian though)

It's just part of the driveway with a roof over it. The car isn't completely protected from the elements and someone can still steal it. That house is retarded

You Don't Know Carports
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #987 on: June 18, 2014, 02:32:20 PM »

It allows you to get from house to car and vice versa without having to deal with the elements. It means that in winter you don't have to dig your car out. And it allows you to have windows that let light into the house on the same wall as the vehicle.

I'm sorry that it annoys you so much though. If this is what retired life does to you, maybe you should go back to work.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #988 on: June 18, 2014, 02:36:16 PM »
I have a shared carport in the back of my condo and this dumb hipster bitch always forgets to take her trash to the street, so it always smells like dead bodies. 

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #989 on: June 18, 2014, 02:38:58 PM »
I have a shared carport in the back of my condo and this dumb hipster bitch always forgets to take her trash to the street, so it always smells like dead bodies.

Why does she have so many dead bodies in her garbage?