Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 514011 times)

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #900 on: May 30, 2014, 11:23:11 AM »
In the late 90's you couldn't bring cell phones into concerts.  You would have to go leave it in your car.  Fortunately, the late 90's was pretty much the end of my concert going era.

EDIT:  Now that I think about it, I did see some concerts after that, but I don't remember people being douchebags with their phones.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 11:24:49 AM by Fenwyr »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #901 on: May 30, 2014, 11:25:13 AM »
In the late 90's you couldn't bring cell phones into concerts.  You would have to go leave it in your car.  Fortunately, the late 90's was pretty much the end of my concert going era.

EDIT:  Now that I think about it, I did see some concerts after that, but I don't remember people being douchebags with their phones.

That would never fly here. Nobody drives to concerts in the city.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #902 on: May 30, 2014, 12:29:00 PM »

Hahaha, I do. My wife absolutely hates the train and refuses to take it unless we're seeing a show downtown. If there's any chance the show we're seeing has a paid parking lot within half a mile, I'm driving in.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #903 on: May 30, 2014, 12:31:21 PM »
Hahaha, I do. My wife absolutely hates the train and refuses to take it unless we're seeing a show downtown. If there's any chance the show we're seeing has a paid parking lot within half a mile, I'm driving in.

You know what has lots of paid parking lots within half a mile of it?

MetLife Stadium.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #904 on: May 30, 2014, 12:31:55 PM »
You know what has lots of paid parking lots within half a mile of it?

MetLife Stadium.

Well played.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #905 on: May 30, 2014, 12:33:56 PM »

City people don't go out to Jones beach?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #906 on: May 30, 2014, 12:36:04 PM »
City people don't go out to Jones beach?

That's not a "concert in the city".

All the shows I attend are in Manhattan/Brooklyn anyway. I haven't seen a Jones Beach one that I've wanted to attend since 2008, and I was away that summer anyway.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #907 on: May 30, 2014, 12:37:32 PM »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #908 on: May 30, 2014, 03:44:12 PM »
When I miss a train because some poopchute on the escalator ahead of me doesn't botherto move any faster and is too fat for me to pass. He made it in time.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #909 on: May 30, 2014, 03:47:17 PM »
When I miss a train because some poopchute on the escalator ahead of me doesn't botherto move any faster and is too fat for me to pass. He made it in time.

Every freaking day of my life. Except it's usually a moron who can't figure out the turnstile or someone who's walking down the stairs at glacial speeds.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #910 on: May 30, 2014, 04:02:17 PM »
Every freaking day of my life. Except it's usually a moron who can't figure out the turnstile or someone who's walking down the stairs at glacial speeds.

This! I think I've posted this same thing before in this thread, but it always bears repeating because these assholes are selfish pieces of excrement.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #911 on: May 30, 2014, 10:06:50 PM »
This! I think I've posted this same thing before in this thread, but it always bears repeating because these assholes are selfish pieces of excrement.

Also terrible, the assholes who need to take up both sides of the escalator with their rolling bags no bigger than briefcases.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #912 on: June 04, 2014, 09:22:26 AM »
People who dislike water as a drink. What's wrong with you, you freaking mutant?

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #913 on: June 04, 2014, 09:37:14 AM »

Also terrible, the assholes who need to take up both sides of the escalator with their rolling bags no bigger than briefcases.

I just did that this morning actually. Though I waited until everyone else got on.
"Wrong!"

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #914 on: June 04, 2014, 09:38:06 AM »

People who dislike water as a drink. What's wrong with you, you freaking mutant?

I feel like dogshit when I don't drink enough water. Dunno how people do it.
"Wrong!"