Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 514104 times)

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #675 on: March 26, 2014, 12:33:34 AM »
I just never understood the air of superiority some fans have towards fans of other less successful teams. The whole "Ha! Your team sucks!" thing was fine in grammar school, but hearing it from guys in their 30s is pretty pathetic.
"Wrong!"

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #676 on: March 26, 2014, 12:56:52 AM »
I just never understood the air of superiority some fans have towards fans of other less successful teams. The whole "Ha! Your team sucks!" thing was fine in grammar school, but hearing it from guys in their 30s is pretty pathetic.

I just stole this btw.

Some douchebag posted on a friend of mine's FB status. The friend is a giants fan (and also played D1 football and has a few teammates on the Giants right now) likes to rib the Jets but it's usually good natured and never crosses the obnoxious territory. He was joking about Vick/Geno number situation and I sarcastically rattled off the dysfunction of other franchises in the league. Random douchebag decides to come in and then paint this elaborate and specific narrative of how the Jets are going to be a clown show this season, and Vick/Geno will be a huge controversy and how Geno is going to be the next Sanchez by being mentally damaged the same way. It was accompanied by the usual REX IS A BLOWHARD, FOOT FETISH BUTTFUMBLE DERRR

i wrote this back (including your line I added because it fit pretty well with what i had already said)

"I have nothing against the Giants. I don't see the rationale in hating a team that's in another conference and only plays every 4 years. But too many Giants(and yankees) fans act like the pretty but extremely insecure girl in a group of friends who gets livid and catty when ever someone else gets even a shroud of attention, no matter how slight. Enjoy your success. don't be a complete douche about it. I never understood the air of superiority some fans have towards fans of other less successful teams. The whole "Ha! Your team sucks!" thing was fine in grammar school, but hearing it from guys in their 30s is pretty pathetic."
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 01:00:32 AM by JFIF »

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #677 on: March 26, 2014, 01:23:19 AM »
Ha. Though I will admit that I've done that a few times to Mets fans, but it's all in good fun. I hate the pontificating that goes behind it though. The whole "Here's what Jets fans don't seem to understand, attention is only going to hurt you, and you need to blah blah blah." Oh thanks fan of sports team whose opinion has no bearing on his team's successes.
"Wrong!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #678 on: March 26, 2014, 08:08:27 AM »
I will say this about Jets fans being down here and experiencing them gathering in one place, it's like cell block d reunion. hahahah

thank god I don't have hardly any of that Giant fan nonsense. I have no hate towards them really (Giants) at least not more than any other non rival.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #679 on: March 26, 2014, 08:12:12 AM »
Ha. Though I will admit that I've done that a few times to Mets fans, but it's all in good fun.

Part of being a Mets fan over the past twenty years is the self hatred and bitter loathing that comes with sharing a city with the Yankees. You're just playing into our martyr complex. So there.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #680 on: March 26, 2014, 09:11:10 AM »
I will say this about Jets fans being down here and experiencing them gathering in one place

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #681 on: March 26, 2014, 11:03:13 AM »
people that don't respect the universal law and common sense of walking to the right (derecha) of the sidewalk/hallway/stairs.  I'm bigger than you and it shouldn't be my obligation to sidestep out of your way to keep from plowing you over.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #682 on: March 26, 2014, 11:04:34 AM »
people that don't respect the universal law and common sense of walking to the right (derecha) of the sidewalk/hallway/stairs.  I'm bigger than you and it shouldn't be my obligation to sidestep out of your way to keep from plowing you over.

i dont move

Koz

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #683 on: March 27, 2014, 10:55:13 AM »
People who say "Inbox Me" on Facebook! Not sure if I already threw this one out there.

You freaking retard, you cannot "NOUN" yourself.

Die in a very big fire.  Then die again.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #684 on: March 27, 2014, 10:59:04 AM »
We, unfortunately, did not get the news we wanted.

It's not a permanent life changer like I thought might be the case, but it will be something we're gonna have to deal with until late August, the earliest.

Best part, everything should be okay and we should all be good and healthy in the long run and, hopefully, be stronger as a result. Plus, I like the guy we met today and he's not a bullshitter, which is something we both like and respect.

Sorry to be a downer, but this is a downer thread, no?

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #685 on: March 27, 2014, 11:15:34 AM »
We, unfortunately, did not get the news we wanted.

It's not a permanent life changer like I thought might be the case, but it will be something we're gonna have to deal with until late August, the earliest.

Best part, everything should be okay and we should all be good and healthy in the long run and, hopefully, be stronger as a result. Plus, I like the guy we met today and he's not a bullshitter, which is something we both like and respect.

My continued thoughts are with you. I hope everything turns out okay.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #686 on: March 27, 2014, 11:18:29 AM »

Well, you did manage to make the rest of us look like assholes for having such small problems. So you've got that going for you, which is nice.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #687 on: March 27, 2014, 11:22:51 AM »
Well, you did manage to make the rest of us look like assholes for having such small problems. So you've got that going for you, which is nice.
Haha...well, most of you ARE assholes so I already feel better.
Thanks alio.

Trust me, a lot of people are told much worse things, I am pretty confident this will work out and my future daughter will have an interesting story to tell people when she's older. We have faith in the people we'll have to trust.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #688 on: March 27, 2014, 11:30:44 AM »
I hope everything works out man. Your family is in my thoughts.
"Wrong!"

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #689 on: March 27, 2014, 11:39:15 AM »
I hate to be that "that guy", but what's going on bro?