Author Topic: Annoyances  (Read 514063 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: Annoyances
« Reply #615 on: March 20, 2014, 10:38:52 AM »
Koz has a better chance of squeezing his ungreased forehead through a doorframe than Hymanburg has of actually showing up to the tailgate.

True that,  the $10 bucks will go to buying the cool people drinks.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Scruggy

• Eric Smith
  • I can't stop thinking about Terence Trent D'Arby
« Reply #616 on: March 20, 2014, 11:00:44 AM »
I make more money than Kunta Kinte!

(That's technically true, and not at all racist, Saul) 

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #617 on: March 20, 2014, 11:39:27 AM »
When you're told in December you have been given a promotion that doesn't start until March 15, and when you get your paycheck on March 20 it looks exactly the same as the one from March 6.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #618 on: March 20, 2014, 11:43:06 AM »
When you're told in December you have been given a promotion that doesn't start until March 15, and when you get your paycheck on March 20 it looks exactly the same as the one from March 6.

Pay is always made in arrears, so today's paycheck presumably wouldn't reflect a pay rise that came into effect last Saturday. Looking at my payslip from last Friday (March 14th), it's for the two week pay period up to March 7th.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 11:45:08 AM by Johnny English »
A cross-dressing limey poofter

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #619 on: March 20, 2014, 11:43:19 AM »

But your paycheck dates cover past periods, no? One or two week lag time

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #620 on: March 20, 2014, 11:58:15 AM »
My paychecks usually come about 3 days after the end of the pay period.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #621 on: March 20, 2014, 12:19:42 PM »
This paycheck covers the period from March 8 through the 21. So, at the very least, it should include one week of increased pay if there were a raise involved at all.

I was pretty sure it wouldn't come with a raise. I'm just really irritated that I was right.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #622 on: March 20, 2014, 12:30:52 PM »
This paycheck covers the period from March 8 through the 21. So, at the very least, it should include one week of increased pay if there were a raise involved at all.

I was pretty sure it wouldn't come with a raise. I'm just really irritated that I was right.

Wait so that law that raised the pay of fast food workers to 15/hr went through?

Congrats

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #623 on: March 20, 2014, 12:40:12 PM »

So you were told three months ago that you were getting a promotion, and at no point during that time did it occur to you to ask what it entails and how much additional money it's worth? How is it a promotion if you're not getting paid any more? How did that conversation even go?

"Hey Alio, we've been very impressed with your progress here at Acme Products and we have a vacancy coming up in the management team. We'd like you to take on this additional responsibility starting March 15th."

"Great, thanks. What are the package details?"

"March 15th. Don't forget. Start doing more stuff. And congratulations again."

klaximilian

« Reply #624 on: March 20, 2014, 12:43:48 PM »

If it starts on March 15th, wouldnt that mean that you are getting that bump from the March 15th-30th pay period? I'm a 7-day delay, so I'd receive that check on 4/7.

Just thinking out loud here...

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #625 on: March 20, 2014, 12:51:12 PM »
The current craze for women posting pictures of themselves on Facebook without make up. There's a reason you wear it. Stop making my News Feed look such a mess.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #626 on: March 20, 2014, 12:59:44 PM »
The current craze for women posting pictures of themselves on Facebook without make up. There's a reason you wear it. Stop making my News Feed look such a mess.

That must be a new thing. I haven't seen it.  It's hard to get past all the "which character are you on the (insert shitty TV program here) buzzfeed crap that people put on my news feed. 

klaximilian

« Reply #627 on: March 20, 2014, 01:09:23 PM »
If this one douchebag takes a excrement in the restroom on my floor with the damn stall door open one more time......

klaximilian

« Reply #628 on: March 20, 2014, 01:09:59 PM »
That must be a new thing. I haven't seen it.  It's hard to get past all the "which character are you on the (insert shitty TV program here) buzzfeed crap that people put on my news feed.

There is an "unfollow" button on facebook that I find incredibly handy to weed that excrement off my feed.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #629 on: March 20, 2014, 01:12:37 PM »
If this one douchebag takes a excrement in the restroom on my floor with the damn stall door open one more time......

You'll excrement on him while he's in there?